Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Frank's infidelity
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:03 am 

dove_grey wrote:
Interesting points, Batty. Jeepers, for a guy who used to post pictures of poop, you be purty smart! :mrgreen:
Dovey, I'm, in many ways, multi-dimensional and can't limit myself to only a pooper-scooper and a pee-pot! Other stuff comes out (ahem!) and then I go around the bend and drop a log! :mrgreen: Primary school problems: "How is it that he scores sky-high on I.Q. and Aptitude tests, draws three-stage rocket engines in detail for people coming over the house to visit but turns in school papers with people on toilets, genitals and mounds of excrement??? There's something not right with this child! (Some things just never change!) :wink:

--Batty

P.S. "http://www.ratemypoo.com" can't be accessed directly anymore, the very source of my crappier posts! GRRRRR! :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:46 pm 

Frank may have had a lot of extramarital affairs, but no one should make moral judgments about him, concerning that. Judgments already have been made, people pick up on these from the air, or the very environment we live in. All kinds of subtle messages are transmitted. Are people in touch, or out of touch with their feelings? Frank had cancer for 10 years before he recognized this. My understanding is that he must have been living in a world far removed from knowledge of his own body, perhaps in denial of a need for a healthier existence, or for a change in routine. As nasty and horrible as he tried to seem, he was a great artist, that I admired, that spoke secret messages, with hidden meaning. I can remember driving in the local shopping center parking lot, and hearing him say (In a deep, clear, and well articulated voice) on the car radio "Suzy, Suzy Cream cheese, we just want to know, what has got into you?" I cannot exactly tell you why, but I loved it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:30 pm 

donalynette wrote:
Frank may have had a lot of extramarital affairs, but no one should make moral judgments about him, concerning that. Judgments already have been made, people pick up on these from the air, or the very environment we live in. ...

It doesn't matter really. I do think that Gayle would be able to tell us more, since sex and having fun with it, was a really big thing in those days, and someone living the good life of a good christian just does not seem to be ... quite Zappaian!

If there are issues here, and I think that the family is not interested in having people think that Frank was quite a hedonist, that could hurt his acceptance of his music into other circles. But I happen to think that is quite naive, to think that people have to be saints, and dress like angels in order to become a famous musician! ... that's just a bizarre image and then some!

Again, the folks that have to come clean are the family and the friends around it ... because of the kids and the well known drink/drug rehab center in there, it is likely that INSIDE the house, things were generally clean and clear ... but it's doubtful to think/say that it was the same outside the house. I would imagine that Gayle could have said ... honey, you can do what you want when you are on the road ... but please don't bring home the cooties ... however, Pamela des Barres writes about this house as ... very clean ... too clean actually to be true!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:06 pm 

Moshkito wrote:
donalynette wrote:
Frank may have had a lot of extramarital affairs, but no one should make moral judgments about him, concerning that. Judgments already have been made, people pick up on these from the air, or the very environment we live in. ...

It doesn't matter really. I do think that Gayle would be able to tell us more, since sex and having fun with it, was a really big thing in those days, and someone living the good life of a good christian just does not seem to be ... quite Zappaian!

If there are issues here, and I think that the family is not interested in having people think that Frank was quite a hedonist, that could hurt his acceptance of his music into other circles. But I happen to think that is quite naive, to think that people have to be saints, and dress like angels in order to become a famous musician! ... that's just a bizarre image and then some!

Again, the folks that have to come clean are the family and the friends around it ... because of the kids and the well known drink/drug rehab center in there, it is likely that INSIDE the house, things were generally clean and clear ... but it's doubtful to think/say that it was the same outside the house. I would imagine that Gayle could have said ... honey, you can do what you want when you are on the road ... but please don't bring home the cooties ... however, Pamela des Barres writes about this house as ... very clean ... too clean actually to be true!

And just think what Gail would have thought!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:37 am 

Marriage is an institution that has very little to do with love, it's more about property and transmitting the name of the father.
It takes a lot of fairy tales and dumb love songs to hide that fact.
Love is better but sex is good.
I don't care about religious morality, I just try not to hurt anybody.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:27 am 

ZackGlickman wrote:
Marriage is an institution that has very little to do with love, it's more about property and transmitting the name of the father.
That has fuck all to do with why I got married. I consider myself lucky to have met someone with whom I can have a happy marriage. It's certainly not something I would recommend without that. If I hadn't met my wife I'm sure I would have remained single to this day. Marriage is certainly not something I would ever have done for the sake of it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:39 am 

You can perfectly live with the one you love without marrying him/her.
The rest is paperwork.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:30 am 

ZackGlickman wrote:
You can perfectly live with the one you love without marrying him/her.
The rest is paperwork.

Tell that to the insurance company, the IRS, and what are considered bastard children by most of society...technically if you find your person then you have what it takes, but why not make everyones life easy and memorilize it so there is no legal heart ack and pain...especiallyin the case o
:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:11 pm 

Not very romantic.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:03 pm 

Plook wrote:
why not make everyones life easy and memorilize it so there is no legal heart ack and pain..

Such as alimony or fights over kids and material possessions?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:38 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Plook wrote:
why not make everyones life easy and memorilize it so there is no legal heart ack and pain..

Such as alimony or fights over kids and material possessions?

Why put your mate through the legal nightmare that can result upon your death because you were not married, also a mariage that breaks up has the legal remedy that a relationship does not offer...protection for both. Myself I have been maried for almost 29 years and met my wife 5 years before that and we lived together unmarried, once we were going to have a child we did what was best for ours own interest and that of the child...we got married...by the way we have had and still have a very romantic relationship, it actually is still found rather gross by our children...LOL...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:11 pm 

Fortunately over here you can just get a civil union which has about the same legal consequences, except any peaceful separation can be undone without lawyer. To me the prime function of marriage in my age and corner of the world, is as means of emancipation of the gay community. Besides that marriage is obsolete.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:12 pm 

People's business is their own, and what they do in the bedroom is nobody's business. Unless it's on what of those free hanky panky websites.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:52 am 

I agree with a lot of what is being said. There is stigma, and social pressure in all of our backgrounds. I was married 2X, divorced 2X, and both ex's are deceased. Of course their death was more upsetting than the divorce.

I feel strongly that we are not supposed to judge others morals, just keep our own nose clean, as best we can, considering we are human. "Ask not, for whom the Bell tolls..."

I think Frank will be known for his art, his statements about society, not so much his sexual activity, as there are quite a few out there who can rival his performance. Franks' style, was phenomenal, as a human, and as an individual. Something about that crazy free thinker that saw reality, and made artistic sense.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:24 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:

Actually I think that she has a book to write to help set the record straight ... otherwise the suggestion is that there is too much in there that is not being said.

I mean, you can start with the list of names and dignitaries that Pamelas des Barres mentions in her books, and that list is not small and is not strictly about some musicians here and there, and I am inclined to believe that she had to leave other names out on purpose.

In the end, Gail has the ultimate book to write. Salacious or not ... is not the issue ... she can still say, Frank was good in bed and a nice lover ... you don't stick around if that was not the case, I imagine ... or she would have been a real groupie, which I do not believe she was.

I rather think that she is going to play her prim and proper bruhaha and not say anything ... and that is her choice to make. I personally do not think that there is anything in there that can hurt her or the family ... but there maybe some investors that would prefer she did not say anything, herself included! I'm guessing that she's no saint, either, and that maybe the part that could be the real problem ... how's she going to admit that ... even Pam is playing the sweet innocent miss these days (how pathetic!) ... and so politically correct it makes me want to ...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:33 pm 

I think a lot of people are putting to great an emphasis on sex as being some defining aspect of a long term relationship, don’t get me wrong sex is great and I’m glad Mrs.Plook and I have a healthy sexual relationship, but there are far more important aspect to a relationship that give it longevity and make staying in it desirable. Frankly I think I would feel more betrayed if my wife had a flourishing platonic relationship with another male, than a fling…The mind becomes far more important in the long haul than the animalistic instincts.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:24 pm 

I agree with your sentiments there Plook.

Plook wrote:
Is that before, or afterwards?

:wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:55 pm 

Moshkito wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Actually I think that she has a book to write to help set the record straight ... otherwise the suggestion is that there is too much in there that is not being said.

I mean, you can start with the list of names and dignitaries that Pamelas des Barres mentions in her books, and that list is not small and is not strictly about some musicians here and there, and I am inclined to believe that she had to leave other names out on purpose.

In the end, Gail has the ultimate book to write. Salacious or not ... is not the issue ... she can still say, Frank was good in bed and a nice lover ... you don't stick around if that was not the case, I imagine ... or she would have been a real groupie, which I do not believe she was.

I rather think that she is going to play her prim and proper bruhaha and not say anything ... and that is her choice to make. I personally do not think that there is anything in there that can hurt her or the family ... but there maybe some investors that would prefer she did not say anything, herself included! I'm guessing that she's no saint, either, and that maybe the part that could be the real problem ... how's she going to admit that ... even Pam is playing the sweet innocent miss these days (how pathetic!) ... and so politically correct it makes me want to ...

She mentioned....that she....was working on a......book at one t...ime. That would.....be...a....good....read....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:25 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
She mentioned....that she....was working on a......book at one t...ime. That would.....be...a....good....read....

Is that your William Shatner impression?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:11 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

There's........something on the wing.....some one.....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:20 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

There's........something on the wing.....some one.....

LMAO
:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:11 am 

polydigm wrote:
Plook wrote:
Is that before, or afterwards?

During.

Moshkito wrote:
I'm guessing that (Gail's) no saint, either,

She sure sounds saintly on the studio version of The Torture Never Stops.

As if Gail was just sitting at home alone waiting for her husband to come home from tour. I always thought her and Miss Lucy had a thing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:32 am 

Questions, questions, questions; flooding into the minds of concerned young people today :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:15 pm 

Fuck me, you ugly son of a bitch.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:56 am 

KillUgly wrote:
Fuck me, you ugly son of a bitch.

No Thank You!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next