Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:49 am 

Here is a little paranoid topic I know some here will love...

Do you think there could be someone on the govt's payroll specifically assigned to survey, compile, analyze and keep track of forumers' activities... (echoing scrutinizer ambience goes here)?

Keep an eye on those Frank Zappa freaks...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:12 am 

Among the stupidest thread on board again Easily :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:37 am 

You people have no imagination? Gee, it is speculation fantasy time...

Who Are the Brain Police?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:49 am 

Location: on the ether from www.deliciousagony.com only fair wave left methinks
who could care less! hey, they can learn a thing from us few!!!

..do not tell me Giggy that there is something to be worrying about; except for maybe ushering forth false witnesses, evidence, or agents who cannot see a better side of living when they read it. Surely, I wish they would take a good perusal of clever posts and such.

ya wa? the mewzick's pretty spectacular, geez. ..where's me chic cap swaggering to? rather mad. If only others would hark. Next phing on the wish-list gonna be a web-capable mobile iets, an hify-amp powered by solar-panels and propellers on that drat hat.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:22 am 

To what end?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:31 am 

good one again, Cal.

Here's to the whatdogs:

Sabretoophairy wrote:
Have you watched the docu about the terrorists from the seventies, The Baader-Meinolf Komplex? (w. Martina Gedeck & other well-known actors)

In 1968 began prostestations from students against all the filth from thousands of years. Everything was well discussed, peaceful, just apparently a dream becoming real. Only the press, with most primitive three-words sentences, hold the masses in line, they still do. At the best part, early in the film, the history got narrated. On a visit from the shah of persia (now iran) with all pomp, a student on a march against all the unsustainable injustice in general, got killed by the police, for no reason (Benno Ohnesorg) The best man of the movement, one of the most brilliant the world has ever seen, was hit later by a bullet from a maniac, brain-washed from the news so free, so unluckily, he stayed alive for a few years being an invalid. He, Rudi Dutschke, could say some words before his death. The assassin commited suicide when he learned what was really going on.

In one scene, when other measures wouldn't solve nothing anymore, the band of gangs planted a bomb in the most infamous press-house there is, gave them lot a warning call, the boss, being on his secure premises, denied an evacuation, some helpers of the worse-than-any-devil died and from there on it was war. These few people, some dozen helpers underground then first abducted!!!! the president of the german bank!!!! killed him, since nobody would agree to some embetterments, bombed the car from the president of the employers!!!!! with a remote device on his way to wreck and comitted self-killing on one day in separate prison cells.

This newspaper is still the biggest, in operation and no words could describe what they are printing everyday.

All press added from the entire planet are a luke-warm waft compared to those, easily.

...some of the actors have been on last week's film-prize, sponsored by bomb-all. What can you do? ..tell you later.

ya wa? the mewzick's pretty spectacular, geez. ..where's me chic cap swaggering to? rather mad. If only others would hark. Next phing on the wish-list gonna be a web-capable mobile iets, an hify-amp powered by solar-panels and propellers on that drat hat.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:03 pm 

Perry Rhodan wrote:
good one again, Cal.

Here's to the whatdogs:

Sabretoophairy wrote:
Have you watched the docu about the terrorists from the seventies, The Baader-Meinolf Komplex? (w. Martina Gedeck & other well-known actors)

In 1968 began prostestations from students against all the filth from thousands of years. Everything was well discussed, peaceful, just apparently a dream becoming real. Only the press, with most primitive three-words sentences, hold the masses in line, they still do. At the best part, early in the film, the history got narrated. On a visit from the shah of persia (now iran) with all pomp, a student on a march against all the unsustainable injustice in general, got killed by the police, for no reason (Benno Ohnesorg) The best man of the movement, one of the most brilliant the world has ever seen, was hit later by a bullet from a maniac, brain-washed from the news so free, so unluckily, he stayed alive for a few years being an invalid. He, Rudi Dutschke, could say some words before his death. The assassin commited suicide when he learned what was really going on.

In one scene, when other measures wouldn't solve nothing anymore, the band of gangs planted a bomb in the most infamous press-house there is, gave them lot a warning call, the boss, being on his secure premises, denied an evacuation, some helpers of the worse-than-any-devil died and from there on it was war. These few people, some dozen helpers underground then first abducted!!!! the president of the german bank!!!! killed him, since nobody would agree to some embetterments, bombed the car from the president of the employers!!!!! with a remote device on his way to wreck and comitted self-killing on one day in separate prison cells.

This newspaper is still the biggest, in operation and no words could describe what they are printing everyday.

All press added from the entire planet are a luke-warm waft compared to those, easily.

...some of the actors have been on last week's film-prize, sponsored by bomb-all. What can you do? ..tell you later.

If only I gave a fuck what you said.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:24 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:23 pm 

I have been prone to a little paranoia every now and then, especially back in the days when i used to smoke a banana, so I have had thoughts like this before. However, in reality I am secure in believing that Big Brother could give a crap about me as long as I pay my taxes on time. Actually, I think BB would be glad that I spend so much time farting around on a forum like this and not causing any real trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:30 pm 

Spying on Internet Users

Posted on 23. Feb, 2011 by Raja Mujtaba in US

Beware the government's avatars, especially fear your own

By Wayne Madsen

The Department of Homeland Security is conducting massive spying on Internet users through a program called "Avatar Identity." The existence of the program was disclosed to WMR by a source who stated that the development of avatars for every user of the Internet had its beginnings with the U.S. Air Force and the Advance Research Projects Agency (ARPANET) at the outset of the fielding of World Wide Web (WWW) technology in the early 1990s.

At the core of Homeland Security's Avatar Identity Program is the reliance on genetic algorithms developed for the analysis of the stock market to come up with prime investment strategies. The program was developed through the aegis of the Homeland Security Advanced Research Projects Agency (HSARPA), which inherited many of the invasive Internet surveillance programs from its Pentagon cousin, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency(DARPA), after its programs, including the proposed Total Information Awareness program, were defunded by Congress

The Avatar Identity Program appears to coincide with another Air Force project to solicit "persona management software" to create virtual users on the Internet in order to conduct perception management campaigns to inundate chat rooms, letter to the editor, and on-line polls to sway public opinion on key issues.

It was also recently revealed that the computer security firm HB Gary Federal worked in a program to create and manage "sock puppet" Internet users to infiltrate websites to create confusion and propagate disinformation. The program was to be used to attack WikiLeaks and apparently was linked to the US Chamber of Commerce, the Bank of America, the bank's chief law firm Hunton & Williams, and two other technology firms that later withdrew from participation: Palantir Technologies and Berico Technologies. More ominous is the report that it was the Department of Justice recommended the use of HB Gary Federal, Palantir, and Berico (known as Team Themis, which would operate a Corporate Information Reconnaissance Cell [CIRC]) to the Chamber, the Bank of America, and Hunton & Williams to engage in the sock puppet management operation. The program matches recommendations from White House Office of Information Regulatory Affairs chief Dr. Cass Sunstein, who has referred to such operations as "cognitive infiltration."

However, Homeland Security's Avatar Identity program involves the creation of an avatar for every Internet user that pulls information from the actual user's Google searches, Twitter messages, Facebook postings, on-line commerce activities, and other web interactions and feeds the transactions to the avatar program. Intelligence analysts then query the avatar for details of the user's activities.

WMR was informed that the Avatar Identity Program was first developed for every known terrorist in the world. However, it has now expanded to include every Internet user and it is being aggressively used to identify and track down members of the hacktivist group "Anonymous," which has attacked the computer systems of HB Gary Federal, Bank of America, and other firms seen as waging a war against Internet freedom.

As an example of its practical use, the Avatar Identity Program records all on-line letters to President Obama sent via the White House web site, as well as any searches for Obama on the Internet.

Our source explained the avatar program by saying, "Every Internet user has a life on the Internet," adding, "but with the avatar, every user has a second life on the web." In the case of the avatar, every Internet user has a virtual "snitch" that reports their every action and movement on the web to the government.

=======

MORE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:14 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Here is a little paranoid topic I know some here will love...

Do you think there could be someone on the govt's payroll specifically assigned to survey, compile, analyze and keep track of forumers' activities... (echoing scrutinizer ambience goes here)?

Keep an eye on those Frank Zappa freaks...
no way. with the stuff going on here? what do they need to be afraid of?

who do you think you are, mr. green genes? mr. radical subversive communist?

or, maybe they're afraid of arch oboler... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:29 pm 

FBI, don't be shy, NSA, everything okay?

one phing fo' certain, try catch us at secret word once mo'. ..there you find ...could yer help me in finding an expression for that then?

eg

Mr. Nebula
dwarf mist
pink purple
orange squash

....hayzzzz

Does someone know where a coffeeshop is at the data highway? hallol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:47 pm 

IF you hung up with this asshole you need too give it up
IGNORE

pRICK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:40 pm 

mr_green_genes wrote:
..track of forumers' activities...

nobody tracks my ass, always use a foreign proxy server bounced back to the usa, layerering-in a public key cryptosystem based on rank code-correcting column scrambling non-singular matrix array errors...practically impossible to crack, even with combinatoric decoding

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:47 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
mr_green_genes wrote:

nobody tracks my ass, always use a foreign proxy server bounced back to the usa, layerering-in a public key cryptosystem based on rank code-correcting column scrambling non-singular matrix array errors...practically impossible to crack, even with combinatoric decoding

Yeah, that's what I do too and hardly any problems. Recommended.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:27 am 

KillUgly wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
mr_green_genes wrote:

Yeah, that's what I do too and hardly any problems. Recommended.

IMHO you can just be semi-anonymous here, but not 100% anonymous.
With time, you have probably cumulated enough information here that could help identifying you by dichotomy (you know like the 20 questions game), such as your hobbies, tastes, vocabulary, prefered expressions, culture, etc.
Unless you are not really Zappa fans and never bought anything from the ZFT, which would be a perfect cover here though :smurf:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:37 pm 

Half the world wants the other half to know exactly what they are up to, every minute of every day (Facebook, Twitter etc)
The other half are either paranoid or indifferent. I'm indifferent. I don't get up to much mischief. Don't got much to hide.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:11 am 

Well Mr GG, you've just now added to reasons I-Am-Being-Watched

These include -

1/ I roll my own cigarettes
2/ I know a black man to talk to
3/ I once got caught on a train without a ticket
4/ I once got caught without a telly licence

and now...

5/ I listen to FZ

I think I'll just stay in tonight and watch Total Wipeout. That way the world can't hurt me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:11 pm 

Tripmyster wrote:
TrackMeNot ~ Protects users against search data profiling by issuing randomized queries to popular search-engines.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sort=&lup=

http://www.zappa.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19223&p=451874

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:33 pm 

Fuck add ons :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:07 pm 

the fbi has got my number...or my avatar. sing it with me....dickies such an asshole!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:18 pm 

cleon wrote:
Fuck add ons :D

Fuck you too, buddy. You know what I mean? Fuck you very much :mrgreen:

PS. Cleon, I am only joking. If you say Fuck Add Ons, I humbly agree...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:18 pm 

i not got a fucking clue what you on about.
WORD,

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:34 pm 

It wouldn't be worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:25 pm 

We got a file on you this thick, Green Genes.

We just watchin'.

Continue.