Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roy Estrada Arrested
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:06 pm 

Zongadude wrote:
Ouch !

Just read the news (Roy arrested).
It immediatly made me remember what Gail said on this forum in 2009:

Quote:
Roy has his nerve complaining about FZ in interviews now and if I catch another example I will officially go on record for what he has never taken responsibility for and remind him that we did not report him to the police all those years ago.

I've always wondered what she was refering to.... I think we know now. Roy seems to be a pretty fucked up kind of a person. :(

(Gail said that here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16518&p=405974#p405974 )

Wow I sure hope it wasn't one of the Zappa kids... :x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:03 pm 

I hope it wasn't anybody but apparently it was. Roy, go away.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:21 am 

Holy Shit! What a fucked-up person! Was that Gail's problem with him the whole time?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:36 am 

Whatever Roy did, he should be judged on facts, not hearsay.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:26 pm 

Dark Clothes wrote:

I totally agree. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:18 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Dark Clothes wrote:

I totally agree. 8)

Hey it doesn't take a rocket scientist to add this up and this knucklehead has been caught at least twice that we know of, a tiger don't change his stripes!

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:57 pm 

Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Dark Clothes wrote:

I totally agree. 8)

Hey it doesn't take a rocket scientist to add this up and this knucklehead has been caught at least twice that we know of, a tiger don't change his stripes!

So he's convicted and you'll throw the switch? Gails comment was before this incident,so we don't know if she was talking about this or some other indiscretion.I believe the article also said he was arrested but not convicted. I'm no rocket scientist,but I live in a democracy,where a person is innocent until proven guilty.
It don't look good though.I may have to switch to Ray Collins as being my favorite Mother. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:19 pm 

Hey he is innocent until proven guilty , but he has a track record and is a convicted felon for lewd acts with a child under 14 (twice we know of) and accused yet again, the assumption that he has done this more than the times he was caught is almost 100% certain. People don't change their flavor and apparently that Mother has a sweet tooth, I wonder if there is a link between Moons meltdown and some ungodly act in the past that Roy committed?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:29 pm 

Plook wrote:
Hey he is innocent until proven guilty , but he has a track record and is a convicted felon for lewd acts with a child under 14 (twice we know of) and accused yet again, the assumption that he has done this more than the times he was caught is almost 100% certain. People don't change their flavor and apparently that Mother has a sweet tooth, I wonder if there is a link between Moons meltdown and some ungodly act in the past that Roy committed?

Jaysus let's hope not! I thought she lost a wanted pregnancy. But how doe's everyone know he is a convicted felon? Show me where to find that first.Is he on that police page that has where all- ( :roll: ) the pervs live in your area or something like it? Really,I don't know when the first time happend.Was it recently or years ago? Not that would matter as I believe that kind of behavior doesn't stop voluntarily.
Did I miss something in the news? Where doe's he live now anyway? How do we know about the "lewd act on a child under 14 (twice we know of)" ? How long have we known all this Plook? :?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:01 am 

Lewd Acts with a Child
California Penal Code 288

To "touch" any part of a child's body...or to have a child touch his/her or anyone else's body...means

1.to touch bare skin, or

2.to touch the person's body through his/her clothing.

It is important to note that even if you don't touch the child in a lewd or sexual manner, prosecutor's can still convict you of this charge.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:42 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

Jaysus let's hope not! I thought she lost a wanted pregnancy. But how doe's everyone know he is a convicted felon? Show me where to find that first.Is he on that police page that has where all- ( :roll: ) the pervs live in your area or something like it? Really,I don't know when the first time happend.Was it recently or years ago? Not that would matter as I believe that kind of behavior doesn't stop voluntarily.
Did I miss something in the news? Where doe's he live now anyway? How do we know about the "lewd act on a child under 14 (twice we know of)" ? How long have we known all this Plook? :?

He's on a convisted sexual preaditor site.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:10 am 

You know I believe in "innocent until proven guilty" - and I believe that people should be tried for crimes they "evidently" have committed, not for crimes they "hypothetically" might commit in the future.

But Gail's indicating that she knew what he was up to years ago - but chose not to tell the police (so what did Frank know, if anything?)

So, if it turns out that Roy did something to the young Moon - and that's the real reason she's been so resentful of her father's "libertinism" over the years - would it surprise you?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:29 am 

Jesus, what's with all the hypothesizing about Moon? Did I miss something?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:35 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Show me where to find that first.Is he on that police page that has where all- ( :roll: ) the pervs live in your area or something like it? Really,I don't know when the first time happend.Was it recently or years ago?

It was in 1977 prior to the Baby Snakes shows. Se the link to the thread earlier in this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:52 pm 

HJ wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Show me where to find that first.Is he on that police page that has where all- ( :roll: ) the pervs live in your area or something like it? Really,I don't know when the first time happend.Was it recently or years ago?

It was in 1977 prior to the Baby Snakes shows. Se the link to the thread earlier in this thread.

Thanks HJ,I'll give it a look.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:20 am 

cyst-array wrote:
You know I believe in "innocent until proven guilty" - and I believe that people should be tried for crimes they "evidently" have committed, not for crimes they "hypothetically" might commit in the future.

But Gail's indicating that she knew what he was up to years ago - but chose not to tell the police (so what did Frank know, if anything?)

So, if it turns out that Roy did something to the young Moon - and that's the real reason she's been so resentful of her father's "libertinism" over the years - would it surprise you?

This is a real low-point for this forum.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:04 am 

To speculate that Moon was a victim of Roy is making a HUGE and probably irresponsible leap (if we were real jornalists, anyway). If that was the case, I'm certain that Frank and Gail would not let it slide as a favor to Roy. They would have been furious and would have banished Roy from Zappa Land permanently. Remember when Wild Man Fischer endangered baby Moon by breaking a beer bottle near her. Frank was through with Larry after that incident.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:53 am 

You may want to check the VPRO documentary on that again... iirc Moon is in the room during the vacuum cleaner section.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:53 am 

I'm sorry but we have a lot of pieces here that don't look good and he is twice convicted...so that is a given, but to say that speculation into the possibilty of some passed bad act is by no means out of line considerring things said by Gail. If someone you know is a two time convicted burgler and your house gets burglerized and someone saw that person near your house who would be your number one suspect?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:41 pm 

BBP wrote:
You may want to check the VPRO documentary on that again... iirc Moon is in the room during the vacuum cleaner section.

I don't think I'm familiar with that documentary. What does "iirc" mean? Moon was in a room with Roy in a documentary? I'm sure Moon was in alot of rooms with Roy. Well, now, that doesn't sound very good does it? It would make a parent wonder if you were acquainted with a man who spent time around your children (especially alone). Some years ago I learned that a man who used to be my oldest son's piano teacher was on the "perv list" or whatever you want to call it. We're pretty sure nothing happened but it does make a person think.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:42 pm 

Plook wrote:
I'm sorry but we have a lot of pieces here that don't look good and he is twice convicted...so that is a given, but to say that speculation into the possibilty of some passed bad act is by no means out of line considerring things said by Gail. If someone you know is a two time convicted burgler and your house gets burglerized and someone saw that person near your house who would be your number one suspect?

I just don't think Frank and Gail or 99.9% of parents out there would let something like that slide and if they did, shame on them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:36 pm 

KillUgly wrote:
BBP wrote:

I don't think I'm familiar with that documentary. What does "iirc" mean? Moon was in a room with Roy in a documentary? I'm sure Moon was in alot of rooms with Roy. Well, now, that doesn't sound very good does it? It would make a parent wonder if you were acquainted with a man who spent time around your children (especially alone). Some years ago I learned that a man who used to be my oldest son's piano teacher was on the "perv list" or whatever you want to call it. We're pretty sure nothing happened but it does make a person think.

iirc = If I Recall Correctly.

There are several VPRO (due to pillarization Dutch state TV is divided into numerous little companies, VPRO was one of them, switched to being a cultural channel in the 60s) documentaries. This one was made by Rudolf Kiers and contains a decent sketch of Zappa in the Flo & Eddie period, and the cutest shot in the world of a baby Dweezil in the kitchen sink, and a notorious scene where Frank approached one of the GTOs with a vacuum cleaner (that is, moved a working vacuum cleaner near the woman's nipple). Since this was paid for by the state, questions were raised in parliament. VPRO got off scot free, lucky for them.
VPRO doc pt 1
You'll have to watch it in its entirety to find the notorious scene, have no time for that right now, sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:07 pm 

Thanks for that link. Most of it was new to me. I can see how a state sponsor wouldn't like that scene but in general it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Also, no Roy that I can see.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:25 pm 

Good to see that that fine documentary is still out there, but I don't see any strong connection to Roy's case. Just as little/much as the interview with Moon where's she talked about the nudity around the house when she grew up. In spite of the anti-hippie thing, it looked a lot like a hippie household, as I remember from this documentary, too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:21 pm 

One of the things that has always bothered me about Frank is his condemnation of hippie culture or the hippie movement while at the same time dressing like a hippie, wearing his hair like a hippie, surrounding himself with hippies, etc. The only thing he didn't he didn't do was drugs. Was Frank a hypocrite? At the least, he was a man of many contradictions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next