Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Pope Jim wrote:
I got shit-canned.

The post Trendmuncher is complaining about isn't even at DZW. It's right here on the General board under Recent Events (or some similar title that I may have misremembered already, despite just having been there two minutes ago. Alzheimer's is a bitch.)

Oops! Make that Breaking News.

I forgot what I was gonna say....it must be catching PJ! :wink:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18749
Location: Somewhere in time
Pope Jim wrote:
Kudos to Kapt. Kiirk!

Gary wrote on Apr 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM
"@Kapt.Kirk,

Not only was Boston very sad but it's clear that some folks just keep spreading the anti-good will. If I may give some simple advice. Let Peace Reign.



Wait a fucking minute this Douche bag just compared those on Zappa.com who are critical of his Shit Sandwich he is trying to feed everyone… :!:

To the FUCKING BOSTON FUCKING BOMBER… and the Pope got booted… :?

That piece of shit needs to be booted from every Zappa board in existence for that.. :idea:

We have pillars of society and war vets over here and that rodent fuck DARES to compare us to a fucking Terrorist... :evil:

UNACCEPTABLE DZ OR ADMIN, what is with that!

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:
Kudos to Kapt. Kiirk!

Gary wrote on Apr 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM
"@Kapt.Kirk,

Not only was Boston very sad but it's clear that some folks just keep spreading the anti-good will. If I may give some simple advice. Let Peace Reign.



Wait a fucking minute this Douche bag just compared those on Zappa.com who are critical of his Shit Sandwich he is trying to feed everyone… :!:

To the FUCKING BOSTON FUCKING BOMBER… and the Pope got booted… :?

That piece of shit needs to be booted from every Zappa board in existence for that.. :idea:

We have pillars of society and war vets over here and that rodent fuck DARES to compare us to a fucking Terrorist... :evil:

UNACCEPTABLE DZ OR ADMIN, what is with that!

Most of that is directed at me. I made a funny about him. He's mad now. But your right, he is saying terrible things and comparing all of us to the perp of that horrible tragedy. That's the way he rolls. :roll:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 3580
Location: Eugene, OR
[quote="Pope Jim"]Kudos to Kapt. Kiirk!

Gary wrote on Apr 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM
"@Kapt.Kirk,

'It's quite obvious that you lack the discipline of good will."


The Dungeonmaster, Lord Trendmongrel, would be most pleased to teach you the discipline of good will. Bend over, Seeker Kirk. Prepare to receive the divine rod of discipline. Squeal like a piggy boy!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Pope Jim wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:
Kudos to Kapt. Kiirk!

Gary wrote on Apr 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM
"@Kapt.Kirk,

'It's quite obvious that you lack the discipline of good will."


The Dungeonmaster, Lord Trendmongrel, would be most pleased to teach you the discipline of good will. Bend over, Seeker Kirk. Prepare to receive the divine rod of discipline. Squeal like a piggy boy!

Like 'ell I will. Is he saying terrible things about me on DZW that I should know about? I'm to busy to check more than one site and really don't care what he sez. :|

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 3580
Location: Eugene, OR
Oh Joy!!! New treasure from DZW. But I got to warn you, Kaptain, it's not wise to beard the lion in his own den. Do you really want to share a shit can with me?

Gary wrote on Apr 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM
@ Kapt.Kirk,

It's clear that Texas is not the only ones having a fertilizer problem. Not only is there no need to parade the bands of mediocrity anywhere on God's Grey Earth but where you once again feel the need to address anything regarding Pope Jim, it was clear that his so called being "canned" came about all by his own actions.

If some folks think seeing these alumni performances with groups that are at times not even in the ballpark has anything to do with composers intent, that is but an example of problems with the soil of some peoples idea of what to do with Frank Zappa's music . On top of that some of those alumni have extreme problems with lifestyle and behavior. I don't think it is respectable to associate them with Frank Zappa or anyone in the ZFTs business or personal life.

As far as what you think are jokes. I don't see that doing much except escalating problems that are deep rooted in the so called fan-base. These jokes that have been directed at the ZFT and their most harcore supporters are way too off colour. It just escalates down the garden psycho path. If a person wanted to come back in reply, one might say that extreme supporters of approving or making off colour jokes are the clowns with their own set of monkeys. What's next Bozo The Clown re-enactments with alumni twirling their crack pipes. Some of these media outets will publish/promote anything they can get get an alumni mitten on. There is no need to continue this behavior. It does no good. Let Peace Reign. Kindly put the sad remains of this war ideology to bed. If you can so kindly reach out and let good will be your guide. For a chance try to let Good Will be the seeds of your life.

Some jokes are not my idea of a good time. These form of jokes do nothing to spread Good Will to the composer or his family. The lifestyle of some of those alumni are problems enough never mind what they put out their on the live stage.

I will leave the monkeys and drug addicts alone where they can play in their den of mediocrity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18488
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
I resent that. I am not a monkey!
I like the way Gary has taken the latest tragedies, in the news, and used them to describe some of the people on this forum. He obvioulsly has no sympathy for Bostonians or Texans.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18749
Location: Somewhere in time
just plain doug wrote:
I resent that. I am not a monkey!
I like the way Gary has taken the latest tragedies, in the news, and used them to describe some of the people on this forum. He obvioulsly has no sympathy for Bostonians or Texans.



This guy has to get booted for that, a local radio channel had their top morning crew suspended for doing something similiar...where is the DZW police on this crap... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 3699
Location: Orange County Ca.
Does anybody know what katrate discipline is?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
If you go to DZW and check groups, all this is on one called *The Meeting Place* you don't have to join to read it, but you can tell Gary thinks he's the ambassador on DZW by the content he talks/posts. :roll:
As long as I respond non-directly, politely and without name calling, I doubt DZ would do anything. I hate to think Gary is forcing an issue (me) with him, that would get him booted. I'm not out to 'get' anyone, but I do want to share my other Zappa activities with some of the nice folks there. Gary will not let it go. So I'll point out the obvious, it was my opinion only and if he don't like it he can ignore me as I ignore him, but quit telling lies about what I say here or there. It's not a big deal to anyone but him and maybe PJ, I don't know why he would respond that way unless he's over confident that he's the ZFT's and the Dweeze bees knees. The guy can't take a joke. :roll:

I pointed out that this is only a $20 dollar show in Chico and they would be hard pressed to generate the excitement that DZpZ had in the same city over a year ago as this would attract an older, more sedate crowd. It's still not OK with Titoney. In his eye's I'm the worse kind of traitor alive. How dare I make up my own mind and not take all of his advice!
Bwoy am I in bwig twouble! :P

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
coevad wrote:
Does anybody know what katrate discipline is?

You hold your breath until your dead. :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18749
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
If you go to DZW and check groups, all this is on one called *The Meeting Place* you don't have to join to read it, but you can tell Gary thinks he's the ambassador on DZW by the content he talks/posts. :roll:
As long as I respond non-directly, politely and without name calling, I doubt DZ would do anything. I hate to think Gary is forcing an issue (me) with him, that would get him booted. I'm not out to 'get' anyone, but I do want to share my other Zappa activities with some of the nice folks there. Gary will not let it go. So I'll point out the obvious, it was my opinion only and if he don't like it he can ignore me as I ignore him, but quit telling lies about what I say here or there. It's not a big deal to anyone but him and maybe PJ, I don't know why he would respond that way unless he's over confident that he's the ZFT's and the Dweeze bees knees. The guy can't take a joke. :roll:

I pointed out that this is only a $20 dollar show in Chico and they would be hard pressed to generate the excitement that DZpZ had in the same city over a year ago as this would attract an older, more sedate crowd. It's still not OK with Titoney. In his eye's I'm the worse kind of traitor alive. How dare I make up my own mind and not take all of his advice!
Bwoy am I in bwig twouble! :P



As much as we love you Kap, I'm pissed that he associated all of us over here with the terrorist, fuck him he needs to go and i am disgusted with some of the stuff others have been called out on, that this level of accusation is not addressed...I may have to go into full gear on this one, when I get a bug in my ass I will take it as far as needed to get justification and this has me hot under the collar... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
If you go to DZW and check groups, all this is on one called *The Meeting Place* you don't have to join to read it, but you can tell Gary thinks he's the ambassador on DZW by the content he talks/posts. :roll:
As long as I respond non-directly, politely and without name calling, I doubt DZ would do anything. I hate to think Gary is forcing an issue (me) with him, that would get him booted. I'm not out to 'get' anyone, but I do want to share my other Zappa activities with some of the nice folks there. Gary will not let it go. So I'll point out the obvious, it was my opinion only and if he don't like it he can ignore me as I ignore him, but quit telling lies about what I say here or there. It's not a big deal to anyone but him and maybe PJ, I don't know why he would respond that way unless he's over confident that he's the ZFT's and the Dweeze bees knees. The guy can't take a joke. :roll:

I pointed out that this is only a $20 dollar show in Chico and they would be hard pressed to generate the excitement that DZpZ had in the same city over a year ago as this would attract an older, more sedate crowd. It's still not OK with Titoney. In his eye's I'm the worse kind of traitor alive. How dare I make up my own mind and not take all of his advice!
Bwoy am I in bwig twouble! :P



As much as we love you Kap, I'm pissed that he associated all of us over here with the terrorist, fuck him he needs to go and i am disgusted with some of the stuff others have been called out on, that this level of accusation is not addressed...I may have to go into full gear on this one, when I get a bug in my ass I will take it as far as needed to get justification and this has me hot under the collar...


I don't blame ya! I see over on DZW that others are tired of his composer intent tirades too. So I plainly stated that including Boston and now Texas' tragedy's in his trivial pursuit of anyone offending the ZFT or his interpretation of the composers intent, has to stop or apologize for comparing his little world's problems to that of our nations major tragedy's. He's fuckin' nuts as JP would simply put it. Comparing us to the terrorist by going to see FTLOF and some alumni, should get him banned I'd think. Because anything that PJ has said or done is not as bad as this crap he keeps spewing! Although I think in that case it was PJ calling FZ "a mean little man" that turned that cart over. That's just my opinion though.
Dog Bless America!

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 1259
Location: Ohio
Pope Jim wrote:
Gary wrote -- On top of that some of those alumni have extreme problems with lifestyle and behavior. I don't think it is respectable to associate them with Frank Zappa or anyone in the ZFTs business or personal life.


So drug abuse is bad, but infidelity is okay? So many double standards. Maybe it's time for Gary to forgive Ike for not returning his CD. Otherwise, "let peace reign" is rank hypocrisy.

I don't condone any questionable alumni behavior, but I refuse to give anyone else a free pass solely based on hero worship.

_________________
Good writing is clear writing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
FalseDichotomy wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:
Gary wrote -- On top of that some of those alumni have extreme problems with lifestyle and behavior. I don't think it is respectable to associate them with Frank Zappa or anyone in the ZFTs business or personal life.


So drug abuse is bad, but infidelity is okay? So many double standards. Maybe it's time for Gary to forgive Ike for not returning his CD. Otherwise, "let peace reign" is rank hypocrisy.

I don't condone any questionable alumni behavior, but I refuse to give anyone else a free pass solely based on hero worship.

I agree. +1 and I hope DZ see's it that way also. He's making a monkey outta himself over there. I think he's to full of himself to post here much. IMHO, I don't think he's why PJ was canned either, just another one of many straws that PJ laid down his self. But he'd (Trendy) like to think he's the king of the scene over there on DZW and caused the Pope's demise. Of that I'm sure!

Pope Jim, a lot of the folks over there miss ya buddy! In case you didn't know already. :wink:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 1259
Location: Ohio
One of the words currently trending on DZW is "alumni" -- click on it, and you'll find that at least half of the posts with that word in them are from Gary, including this little gem:

"As far as I am concerned far too many alumni are either dead or have little to nothing to offer. I just can not groove to some of those cats anymore. That's just me."

For someone who doesn't groove to those cats anymore, Gary sure mentions them a lot. One might think that he's obsessed with them, even.

And I can't groove to Warren anymore, as he has little to nothing to offer. But hey, that's just me. :wink:

_________________
Good writing is clear writing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
FalseDichotomy wrote:
One of the words currently trending on DZW is "alumni" -- click on it, and you'll find that at least half of the posts with that word in them are from Gary, including this little gem:

"As far as I am concerned far too many alumni are either dead or have little to nothing to offer. I just can not groove to some of those cats anymore. That's just me."

For someone who doesn't groove to those cats anymore, Gary sure mentions them a lot. One might think that he's obsessed with them, even.

And I can't groove to Warren anymore, as he has little to nothing to offer. But hey, that's just me. :wink:

Thanks, that's good to know. I might mention that over there too, seeing as he's so obsessed with removing the alumni from existence and all. :roll:

He's the tool of DZW and the ZFT too.
He thinks he's destined to rule and regulate you.
He's really vile and pernicious,
Frank wouldn't ever talk his way.
He thinks he's Zappa religious,
With the stuff that he say.
He makes you want to spew,
When you do it his way.
He's the worst kind of uber fan,
That you can get.
Does anyone know,
Who the tool is yet?

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 1924
I'm still hoping Trendy can make it. :wink: www.chicoer.com/ci_23050334/zappa-alumn ... usic-alive


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
KUIII wrote:
I'm still hoping Trendy can make it. :wink: http://www.chicoer.com/ci_23050334/zapp ... usic-alive

Good article and it would seem Ike's come along ways from the Shasta, PP gig all those years ago, eh?! A regular Zappa music torch bearer from the sound of it. That apparently never happened by FZ's bedside either if you believe the DZW torch bearer's trendy version.

Hey man, Robert "Bobby" freakin' Martin and I are *connected*on LinkedIn. He sent me a note back. I thanked him for the music from all those years and bands but mostly FZ.(fuckin' guy is like amazing, ya know...anyway...) So he thanked me for my interest and is "looking forward to playing in Chico". He didn't have to do that, I thought it was nice and I'll tell him given the chance.(like that won't happen!) :wink: :D

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 3580
Location: Eugene, OR
The latest lies from the lips of the Trenchmouther. Pay particular attention to the first sentence. Italics are mine:

Gary wrote on Apr 18, 2013 at 07:40 PM
Firstly I never stated anything about Boston but I will now. The 1967 & 1975 Boston Red Sox are my two favorite American League Baseball teams to ever play. Lots of Americans have been showing some solidarity but my heart has had a palce in Boston for decades. Sports is Sports but wanting good will for all of humanity is the issue here. My heart goes out to all in Boston or anyone dealing with similar events. Any one person or group responsible for this form of hostile agression is showing just how ugly the huge brown clouds can get.

Secondly I only used the analogy of not handling fertilizer properly where that can cause big trouble. Over time there have been many problems with fertilizer causing big trouble. Many of the so called Zappa Fan base have had fertilizer issues since Zappa.com first went online. Even though I have little to no involvement/commentary over the last several years when I occasionaly browse that forum I still see a good amount of extreme negativity towards official Zappa. It's quite unfortunate that a portion of suppsoed Zappa fans have been exhibiting bad vibes towards the ZFT since the website first went live. I can only wonder why some even bother to parade themselves as a supposed fan. Some of those supposed Zappa fans could be far more usefull in the Korean Pop PSY fanclub.

Anyone is going to have a hard time finding any behavior of mine that is not 100% supportive of offical Zappa. Folks that parade these alumni at official domains are just spreading some bad fertilzer. Why not keep it at their websites. Some of those alumni are a disgrace to Frank Zappa. Being that it is springtime some of the troubles that have been growing is what the analogy is about. Fetilizer analogies are quite relevant. Let ill will grow in bad soil and sooner or later things are going to explode.

@Poodle,

The so called instigator crap was created by Kapt.Kirk. Dweezil has given enough examples of where this all stems from and how I am put on the defense when others instigate issues with me. After all that went down some folks, in this case Kapt.Kirk, just keeps playing the school yard game. You won't find anything but good will from me towards official Zappa and those that have even a decent decorum. It is clear that Kapt.Kirk is perpetuating cow dung. By Kapt.Kirk stating I am a DZW monkey he is clearly perpetuating the ideology that was prevelant of an exiled pope.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
I'm taken a vacation from DZW until DZpZ plays near here again. No one I know likes listening to his drivel, so I signed off for awhile to give 'em a break. Jeez the guy can get disgustingly focused on the mundane. Himself! No empathy in the guy what so ever. :roll:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:11 am
Posts: 1023
Location: North German Wasteland
Having a whole thread about Trendmonger is probably the lowest form of entertainment and a lowpoint on this forum, which has many lowpoints lately. Simply ignore him, he is an idiot.

Th.

_________________
Active forum member since 2005 - R E T I R E D from public forum activity in 2013


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Thinman wrote:
Having a whole thread about Trendmonger is probably the lowest form of entertainment and a lowpoint on this forum, which has many lowpoints lately. Simply ignore him, he is an idiot.

Th.

True dat, Thindude. :wink: PJ likes to beat dead horses, doncha' PJ? :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:43 am
Posts: 115
Titone is melting my head at the moment. KK is taking a break from DZW and I think I might just do the same. If nothing else, it will highlight the uniformly negative approach that he brings to everything. Right now, I'm avoiding replying to his posts at DZW. His comments about Waco and Boston are crass, insensitive and indicative of a narcissistic/super needy mindset. Over here we use the term 'fucktard' to describe people like him. Fuck 'im. Now, I'm going to enjoy my little vacation. Beer, Kapt? Pope Jim, for the last time, you can apply your own sun cream. Urgghhh....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 7423
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Official Zappa?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group