Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 31  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 5633
Location: Orange County Ca.
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
coevad wrote:
KaptKirk is trending again at dzw. Hey Kiirk, when does the next episode of 'Trendy & The Kaptain start?

Don't you mean The Kapt. & Trendille. Perhaps you'd prefer Gary Fuckett and The Gooey, Drippy, Runny, Smelly, Kinda' Union Gap? (Gary's Enormous Mouth, it's all brown)
Why worry coevad? It'll all be posted here sooner or later. The guy don't bug me as much as you'd think. He's more of a source of entertainment now anyway. There's no "Breakin' News" or anything.
If your so concerned though, why not try and have a dialog with Gary about any alumni on DZW and see where that takes you. :mrgreen:

I'm not gonna get banned if those are the flames your fanning. :twisted:

Wow, struck a nerve, did I? No worries here. Just looking for comedy. I like it better when you converse with him. So start the show, bro!............ps - oh, he bugs you alright. So stop denying it. :lol:

_________________
This is the exciting part.
This is like The Supremes, see the way it builds up...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 5633
Location: Orange County Ca.
Loose valve @ SC blog!

_________________
This is the exciting part.
This is like The Supremes, see the way it builds up...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
coevad wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
coevad wrote:
KaptKirk is trending again at dzw. Hey Kiirk, when does the next episode of 'Trendy & The Kaptain start?

Don't you mean The Kapt. & Trendille. Perhaps you'd prefer Gary Fuckett and The Gooey, Drippy, Runny, Smelly, Kinda' Union Gap? (Gary's Enormous Mouth, it's all brown)
Why worry coevad? It'll all be posted here sooner or later. The guy don't bug me as much as you'd think. He's more of a source of entertainment now anyway. There's no "Breakin' News" or anything.
If your so concerned though, why not try and have a dialog with Gary about any alumni on DZW and see where that takes you. :mrgreen:

I'm not gonna get banned if those are the flames your fanning. :twisted:

Wow, struck a nerve, did I? No worries here. Just looking for comedy. I like it better when you converse with him. So start the show, bro!............ps - oh, he bugs you alright. So stop denying it. :lol:

He really doesn't bug me, unless I let him. Guys like him do intrigue me for short periods though. I just wonder why you want me to stir the pot, when you can do it yourself? Afraid you'll get banned coevad?
If your interested in how I handle things without getting banned or ruining the site for other people too, check out the Somethings Coming blog by Titoney. All new stuff and guff too, just for your reading entertainment. :wink:

coevad wrote:
Loose valve @ SC blog!

I see you've found it already. How can he fight love? Ahahahahah! I love the part about Letterman nixing his interview with FZ. It's all in the mind of the imaginer...which is more of Titoney's Baloney. :roll:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 3580
Location: Eugene, OR
EXTRA! EXTRA! Get it while it's hot and nasty!

Report Comment

Gary Gary wrote on May 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM

You just keep pushing the envelope. I don't need to go into the details of my frienships to prove anything to you or anyone. People like you would not be satisfied until a king knights a friendship with thronehood. Even if that were done you would have somwething to say. I will put it to you this way. Many special friendly invites and meals have gone back and forth for a very long time. One of the catering feasts I prepared for a very special Frank Zappa birthday party backstage at The Beacon Theater is documented here at the website. I don't go around taking thousands of pictures, quoting small little phrases of a chance meeting or asking for an autograph for the thousandth time. In the last several decades there was one time I asked Dweezil for an autograph, it's just not my thing. That makes some fans happy , good for them. For me, there are far too many exchanges of friendly dialogue that went on for countless hours, dinning experiences and gifts going back and forth to mention. I have shared quite a number of meals with my friends where I lost count a very, very long time ago. There are some things about the fanaskeptasaureous fanbase that jusk keep pushing the envelope of negativity. You so very much live in that space. I hate to rehash the negatvity of the fanaskeptas, but I tend to remember an interview I did with Joe Travers 8 years ago that was tittled Vaultmeister - No Time For Losers. Joe and I were friends long before that interview and I really don' t want to go down your garden spycho path anymore. Spend a little time doing some investigation and just maybe you might learn a little something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:43 am
Posts: 115
Warning warning manmeatosoreass has broken out of its restraints AND it's stopped taking its meds. Guns can't stop it, rockets can't stop it....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15112
"I don't want to play that game so I'll ramble on about it for way too long and will do so again if need be"

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3434
Location: Between the Badges
fuckin' spycho

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21459
Location: Somewhere in time
Anyone know what this means or is supposed to mean:

"...dinning experiences and gifts going back and forth to mention."

If a dinner is not a birthday party in what world are you giving gifts and if it is a birthday party usually only one gets the gift, it sounds like a secret Santa or something. Maybe he is going Opra, whom I sure he knows... :mrgreen:

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Pope Jim wrote:
EXTRA! EXTRA! Get it while it's hot and nasty!

Report Comment

Gary Gary wrote on May 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM

You just keep pushing the envelope. I don't need to go into the details of my frienships to prove anything to you or anyone. People like you would not be satisfied until a king knights a friendship with thronehood. Even if that were done you would have somwething to say. I will put it to you this way. Many special friendly invites and meals have gone back and forth for a very long time. One of the catering feasts I prepared for a very special Frank Zappa birthday party backstage at The Beacon Theater is documented here at the website. I don't go around taking thousands of pictures, quoting small little phrases of a chance meeting or asking for an autograph for the thousandth time. In the last several decades there was one time I asked Dweezil for an autograph, it's just not my thing. That makes some fans happy , good for them. For me, there are far too many exchanges of friendly dialogue that went on for countless hours, dinning experiences and gifts going back and forth to mention. I have shared quite a number of meals with my friends where I lost count a very, very long time ago. There are some things about the fanaskeptasaureous fanbase that jusk keep pushing the envelope of negativity. You so very much live in that space. I hate to rehash the negatvity of the fanaskeptas, but I tend to remember an interview I did with Joe Travers 8 years ago that was tittled Vaultmeister - No Time For Losers. Joe and I were friends long before that interview and I really don' t want to go down your garden spycho path anymore. Spend a little time doing some investigation and just maybe you might learn a little something.

Church Lady: "Well isn't that special." :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 5691
Location: Closer than I Appear
Came back to see what the Trendmonger was up to. Every forum has someone like him but no one I have encountered in my travels has really matched his utterly pelling reserponality. Great thread! 8)

Hello old friends.

_________________
Let's hear it again for the London Philharmonic Orchestra!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
feetlightup wrote:
Came back to see what the Trendmonger was up to. Every forum has someone like him but no one I have encountered in my travels has really matched his utterly pelling reserponality. Great thread! 8)

Hello old friends.

Welcome back feets! What's ya been up too? How's thing's going in your neck of the woods? Where ya been and all that, you ol' ZappaFreak you! :wink: :o :D 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 3580
Location: Eugene, OR
"In the last several decades there was one time..."

I love when he does that. He likes to pretend that he's a lot older than his 50 or 51 years, like he's the Wandering Jew who's been around since the Diaspora. "I've been a Zappa freak since I was knee-high to Napoleon. How dare you question me?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 1261
Location: Ohio
"I have shared quite a number of meals with my friends where I lost count a very, very long time ago."

What did he lose count of? How many beers he had? How many sausages he ate?

He is the worst writer ever.

_________________
Good writing is clear writing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 5691
Location: Closer than I Appear
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
feetlightup wrote:
Came back to see what the Trendmonger was up to. Every forum has someone like him but no one I have encountered in my travels has really matched his utterly pelling reserponality. Great thread! 8)

Hello old friends.

Welcome back feets! What's ya been up too? How's thing's going in your neck of the woods? Where ya been and all that, you ol' ZappaFreak you! :wink: :o :D 8)

Hiya Kaptain!
Not much different for me, just a few years older and a few pounds heavier. :P I've been kind of out of "Zappa mode" for the past few years, that may explain my scarcity around here. Still a music nut as always, buying albums, playing in a band, etc.
Nice to see some familiar faces and avatars still around!

_________________
Let's hear it again for the London Philharmonic Orchestra!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 2665
Location: in the tiny dirt somewhere
feetlightup wrote:
...utterly pelling reserponality...

Hoo.......... knocked the wind out of me...

_________________
_________________Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5951
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Utterly repelling personality ... very appropriate description of the cunning stunt, Feets. Welcome back.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
feetlightup wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
feetlightup wrote:
Came back to see what the Trendmonger was up to. Every forum has someone like him but no one I have encountered in my travels has really matched his utterly pelling reserponality. Great thread! 8)

Hello old friends.

Welcome back feets! What's ya been up too? How's thing's going in your neck of the woods? Where ya been and all that, you ol' ZappaFreak you! :wink: :o :D 8)

Hiya Kaptain!
Not much different for me, just a few years older and a few pounds heavier. :P I've been kind of out of "Zappa mode" for the past few years, that may explain my scarcity around here. Still a music nut as always, buying albums, playing in a band, etc.
Nice to see some familiar faces and avatars still around!

Stick around some feets. How do you like the New Zappa Records releases of FZ's catalog and all that jazz man? Re-mastered by Joe Travers too, I believe. Some cool clear tones of FZ goin' on! 8) Oh yeah!

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4962
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Pope Jim wrote:
Two minutes of "Fodderstompf" was all I could take. They're gonna need a more rousing anthem if they ever hope to take down the evil Trendmonger.


It grows on you, honestly!

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4962
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Pope Jim wrote:
[size=150]For me, there are far too many exchanges of friendly dialogue that went on for countless hours, dinning experiences and gifts going back and forth to mention.


Well, that explains a lot. Trendmonger doesn't eat - he dinns.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9787
Location: EINDHOVEN
Feets! How are you? Great to see you again!

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2351
Location: Europe
Caputh wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:
[size=150]For me, there are far too many exchanges of friendly dialogue that went on for countless hours, dinning experiences and gifts going back and forth to mention.


Well, that explains a lot. Trendmonger doesn't eat - he dinns.

:D

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 3580
Location: Eugene, OR
I didn't write that, Trendmonster did.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 5691
Location: Closer than I Appear
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Stick around some feets. How do you like the New Zappa Records releases of FZ's catalog and all that jazz man? Re-mastered by Joe Travers too, I believe. Some cool clear tones of FZ goin' on! 8) Oh yeah!
So far I've only bought Hot Rats from the new run of CDs, but I plan to get more. The reviews out on the street have been very positive. Some very nice looking recent releases from the vaults that I need to catch up on too!

_________________
Let's hear it again for the London Philharmonic Orchestra!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 5691
Location: Closer than I Appear
A big hello to Mental, Poly, and Bonny too! Happy to see you guys again.

_________________
Let's hear it again for the London Philharmonic Orchestra!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4962
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Pope Jim wrote:
I didn't write that, Trendmonster did.


I know, sorry - I was a bit lazy :oops:

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 31  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AGuyWithAWrench and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group