Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:05 am 

Feet don't fail me now... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:38 am 

Here's a whole paragraph of spew that I missed somehow. I think Trendy added it after the fact, an edit. It fits before the EXTRA! EXTRA! on p.15.

Gary wrote on May 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM

You just keep pushing the envelope. I don't need to go into the details of my frienships to prove anything to you or anyone. I did learn of Joe Travers departure from ZPZ when he called me to talk to me about it. That's something that friends may do when they go through a major change in their lives. They may want to call their friends and have a private conversation. In case your ears are working the operative keyword is private. I don't need to tell you anything about that conversation except it was a period of time before the official announcement. Somehwere between a minute and the length of the Catholic Lenten season of 2013. Somewhere between Ash Wednesday and The Last Supper that takes palce on Holy Thursday. Eat This Bread, Drink This Cup...I''ll leave that for you to ponder, pointedly I felt no need to spill the beans. The memory that you should remember is respect. I'm just not that kind of guy to break a trust. I wanted to let all the talk of the change in the drum chair come from Dweezil and the ZFT, that's the way it should be for the fanbase. I support how the annoucement was made 100%. Both in delivery and in sincerity. Amazing how Dweezil went out and hired someone so quickly, Ryan Brown has to learn a large amount of work in a short period of time. Dweeezil has spoken a little about the hiring process. Glad that all can hear not only that from him and but also a little something about his relationship with Joe, both as a friend and their musical work together .

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:46 am 

What a fucking smug supercilious asshole. If I was DZ I would be mightily pissed off at the tone of this...it's like "i ok'ed the whole thing and DZ did very well in carrying out hus duties". What an utter, utter fucken fuckhead Titone is. A fucken oxygen thief.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:13 am 

...and but also.....the wheel keeps turning even though the hamsters dead. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:33 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
...and but also.....the wheel keeps turning even though the hamsters dead. :roll:

I know some hamsters who will be upset at that unfortunate turn of phrase Kapt. On the whole, hamsters tend to be intelligent, sensible and likeable creatures. Whereas Titones....oh well, you see where I'm going, dontcha? :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:00 am 

Mad Jack McMad wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

I know some hamsters who will be upset at that unfortunate turn of phrase Kapt. On the whole, hamsters tend to be intelligent, sensible and likeable creatures. Whereas Titones....oh well, you see where I'm going, dontcha? :wink:

I feel ya brother McMad! ...and but also...I still feel ya! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:15 am 

Mad Jack McMad wrote:
What a fucking smug supercilious asshole. If I was DZ I would be mightily pissed off at the tone of this...it's like "i ok'ed the whole thing and DZ did very well in carrying out hus duties". What an utter, utter fucken fuckhead Titone is. A fucken oxygen thief.

Smugmonger. His haughtiness is quite sickening :x

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:10 pm 

"The memory that you should remember is respect."

The tortured syntax never stops.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:00 pm 

uh huh. and ask him how many times he has visited the zappa home/archive.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:06 pm 

Way to go KK! Just read your latest on Somethings Coming. Loved every single word!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:16 pm 

Mad Jack McMad wrote:
Way to go KK! Just read your latest on Somethings Coming. Loved every single word!

Has that KK guy been posting rebarbative statements again?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:25 pm 

Trendmonger on Dweezeworld wrote:
Gary wrote on May 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM
(Conclussion)Dweezil and Joe Travers have always spoken kindly of me in the public domain be it radio or internet.

---"conclussion' = the final concussion?---

Note that Gary didn't include Gail in that list. Anyone remember this.....?
gz wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Fuck all them writers with the pen in their hand

Thanks. Music is the Best! - fz. And Gary you remind me so much of msnbc and Fox News and the like. No one has a chance to consider anything that is reported without a whole bunch of immediate clutterance. You bury everything I post. It is my Forum too. I do want to be clear about mine (and FZ's) intentions regarding FZ's music being played. That is the topic.

gz

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:57 pm 

Trendmonger, quoted by Pope Jim wrote:
I don't need to go into the details of my frienships to prove anything to you or anyone.

Oh, that's a good one. A great intro to a very long paragraph. ha hahaa

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:33 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
Trendmonger on Dweezeworld wrote:
Gary wrote on May 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM
(Conclussion)Dweezil and Joe Travers have always spoken kindly of me in the public domain be it radio or internet.

---"conclussion' = the final concussion?---

Note that Gary didn't include Gail in that list. Anyone remember this.....?
gz wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Fuck all them writers with the pen in their hand

Thanks. Music is the Best! - fz. And Gary you remind me so much of msnbc and Fox News and the like. No one has a chance to consider anything that is reported without a whole bunch of immediate clutterance. You bury everything I post. It is my Forum too. I do want to be clear about mine (and FZ's) intentions regarding FZ's music being played. That is the topic.

gz

I'd seen that quote before jpd, but couldn't find the thread or source, so thanx manx! :wink:

I'm just being nice to him (sic) and showing I care ( sorta sic). AND I do, make no mistake I really do! I'm only doing this for the betterment of that forum...and yes forums from all over the world love to ride on my Bwana.....But I digress. Sorta' like he does only funnier......I hope? Ah well, if it puts a smile on your face it's most likely a good thing, right? Any way, this uberfan is never going away and like every yuppie I've met sez : At the end of the day, when all is said and done, he's on this boat and so are we, so are we! Kazoo solo! (well not all yuppies) What are you guy's gonna suggest we do about him? Throw him over? Keel haul him? Keep him below decks? A cruel & unusual punishment for him fer sure, fer sure, but we are civilized are we not? I suggest,makin' him listen to Franks music played by a bunch of different groups with DZ interspersed without his knowledge (like he had some) and let's see/hear how the composer intent is interpreted by a non musician like his knowallaboutDweezilandFrankness is!....He is tryin' to play music via Dweezilla. Or is he just using it to hang with the god child of Franks. ( that would mean there's 4 god childs running around ) Well boy's can we all just get along? :roll: :mrgreen:
I think JPFunk is the ZFT's best spokesperson. Why? STFU if you don 't know then! 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:48 am 

Blame Warren.
missing persons/duran duran = P@rn
religious-mental breakdown = 911 Truther "no planer" nonsense

Explanation: Trendy

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:35 pm 

Today's spewage from the Hyperbolator. Put on your hip waders.

Gary wrote on May 25, 2013 at 6:44 AM

This takes me to that special place. Zappa Plays Zappa Nirvana. Fittingly posted by an OC kinda guy. Noticing that Dweezil has added two QSCAudioproducts Videos to the Main Page I am firm in my testament where Zappa Plays Zappa has performed many of the finest live performances of Frank Zappa music in the history of mankind. In July of 2012 I wrote a blog on the QSC Active loudspeakers and ZPZs overal tweaking the stage volume, to where how that exists in conjuction with F.O.H. is nirvana. The Ambient Domain of The Rocking Teenage Combo has no parallels. Even in regards to the composer, how Zappa Plays Zappa goes about creating their live sound, more times than not, ZPZ live sounds superior to Frank's live shows. To those that are thinking that I must have seen some bad FZ shows, it is not about that. It's unfortunate that Frank did not have the opportunity to tour with this form of technology. Surely he was the composer, had some pretty good musicians and spent millions on technology but today, ZPZ has taken the compositions to the level of modern live performance nirvana.

In the case with the trumpet, during a soundcheck during this tour Ben Thomas was asking me how he came across in the mix. During soundchecks I tend to move arround to many different locations in the venue, by doing this I get to hear how the air molecules are radiating at different spaces. I expect the sound here is from the F.O.H. Simply put it is ZPZ Nirvana. I'll take this form of fidelity to my desert island.

Please go to your desert island, then sink the boat.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:56 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
...During soundchecks I tend to move arround to many different locations in the venue, by doing this I get to hear how the air molecules are radiating at different spaces...

And, we have actual film-footage of this. (for security reasons, Gary was using the alias "Sheldon" on this occasion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zIY6DQSlbY

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:51 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:
...During soundchecks I tend to move arround to many different locations in the venue, by doing this I get to hear how the air molecules are radiating at different spaces...

And, we have actual film-footage of this. (for security reasons, Gary was using the alias "Sheldon" on this occasion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zIY6DQSlbY

Ahhhhh, the sweet spot!
Nice jpd. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:00 pm 

Still more. Speaking of Scheila's husband, James Santiago:

Gary wrote on May 24, 2013 at 11:06 AM

As you are well aware James is a Tonemeister of high ambient domains. I want to thank you for NLightening me on some of his works. I'm learning more and more about his remarkable dedication to sound scultping and composition. The music that is developed in the Santiago/Sanchez household may very well be one of the best kept secrets in modern jazz. While the fabric tones of Larry Carlton and Allan Holdsworth are all over this one the passion in this group is something we hold dear to our hearts. Since first hearing James playing I've been yearning for Dweezil to do more work with James. Those hopes are quickly comming to a Dweezilla Bundle and Music Camp. As my friend Rudy would say, WOW!

Rudy wants to buy yez a drink, Trendy. How do you like your hemlock, straight or gay?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:33 pm 

pope jim wrote:
gary wrote on May 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM

.... One of the catering feasts I prepared for a very special Frank Zappa birthday party backstage at The Beacon Theater is documented here at the website...

later that night; fz, on: why ed mann fucked up on dickie's such as asshole wrote:
flies all green and buzzin
in his dungeon of despair
who are all those musicians
fucking around down there

are they lazy
are they wasted
could it have been
some of the catering
some of them tasted

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:37 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:

...while the band piss themselves laughing at the idiot walking about the room pretending he can sniff the sound quality.

What a fucken wooden-top

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:53 pm 

Just a thought but shouldn't someone alert James Santiago to the imminent threat of being bored shitless by Gary "Interesting" Titone?

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:14 am 

Mad Jack McMad wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:

...while the band piss themselves laughing at the idiot walking about the room pretending he can sniff the sound quality.

What a fucken wooden-top

Mad Jack McMad wrote:
Just a thought but shouldn't someone alert James Santiago to the imminent threat of being bored shitless by Gary "Interesting" Titone?

Are you kidding me? The ZFT doesn't make a noise without consulting Titoney's ears! James or no! (I am he as you are me and no we are not together)>This is the dog talkin' now....> Dweezil and his merry followers of music shall be of the utmost intune as I forsee a really sculpturedo land scape for Dweezils awesome air sculpturidos. Add to the ambiance, me*, and what else could a teenage rockin' air sculpterinridos combo band do? I'm soo glad to be alive to help them! OMG! I'm almost a big popstar of a man by association ...My name is Gary and doggone it I don't like myself so I live though Franks God's son Dweezil. Forever in the Dweeze shall I wave.....My name is Gary and dog-gone it I like Dweezil and then maybe myself. My name is Gary and dog-gone it I like Dweezil and then maybe myself. My name is Gary and dog-gone it I like Dweezil and then maybe myself.

*I am Gary. Help me! Help me! I'm caught in a web of half truths and lies. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:04 am 

A friend at dzw posted a video of Joe Travers and Friends playing 'Home At Last' from their last show. Trendy posted this link of vital information for the event - three days fucking after! And he lives 3000 miles away. I guess that's the good part.
http://events.pe.com/los_angeles_ca/eve ... rs-friends

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:15 am 

coevad wrote:
A friend at dzw posted a video of Joe Travers and Friends playing 'Home At Last' from their last show. Trendy posted this link of vital information for the event - three days fucking after! And he lives 3000 miles away. I guess that's the good part.
http://events.pe.com/los_angeles_ca/eve ... rs-friends

At least he didn't post a review.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 31  Next