Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
mutronboy wrote:
I agree Cap'n, it's a beautiful thing to hear musos with the right attitude play Frank's music live
The music is too important to be relegated to the constraints of a digital storage medium
I don't believe Franks music can be fully appreciated unless presented in a live context...it's too rich
Anyone trying to hinder or discourage musicians playing this music for any reason are IMO 'anti-music'

FalseDichotomy wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:
Gary wrote... they go out and hire an alumni that basically has zero credibility in the official realm.


I'm guessing that this is another Trendy slam against Ike Willis, who played with the School of Rock kids in 2005.

Ike has his personal flaws, but as an alumnus he has 100% credibility with the fans. Long live the Alumni Quotient.


Everyone's right on this one and as Jim points out, the Alumni work for their money. If you don't get paid what your expected, or asked to preform some "other" duties that weren't included in the package, you might not give it your "all". Sometimes good idea's don't work, shit happend's, it's how you deal with it that counts. imho. Trendy can't deal with the fact that "others" outside of the ZFT's power or influence can and do play Franks music, with all the right notes in all the right places too. This is something he can't comprehend. I know his idea of "eyebrows" on music is a far cry from mine, yours, and the rest of the worlds. If he was at Dweezilla it must have El Bummo to all but the most devoted unbalanced geeks there. As witnessed on Letterman, he don't talk like he types. He, as myself and any other professional producer/actor would say, spits out a line and freezes, in "live" or real life. {-

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5951
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
(1) Did Zappa just make music for love? No, he gave a shit about money as well.
(2) What the fuck is the official realm anyway?? And who gives a fuck about it??
(3) How is such a complete fucking moron so interesting? Don't you guys have your own interests?

I have a mind of my own. Other peoples opinions concern me only in so much as how much possibility they have of taking a hold in some significant way that affects me adversely in the real world, but otherwise I couldn't give a shit. A lot of consideration has gone into my current position on life and it'll take more than a verbose dribbling sycophant to change my mind. People like Trendplunger are worse than fucking flies in an extreme Australian summer. He should be bug sprayed not fucking heralded for his lunacy. If Kafka was alive today his worst most painful short story ever would be about someone like him.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21474
Location: Somewhere in time
I just can't get past his long windedness, he loses me in a couple of sentances and i make a sound that says, exhausted... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 2307
Plook wrote:
I just can't get past his long windedness, he loses me in a couple of sentances and i make a sound that says, exhausted... :smoke:

He loses me in a lot more ways than that, Plook! On the one hand, my natural tendency is to ignore or dismiss anyone I find to be an asshole (for the want of a better word) but at the same time I'm fascinated by freak shows and I am a bit of an amateur psychologist so I understand Pope Jim's interest in the Trendmonger phenomenon as well. I also feel a little guilty for poking fun at him because I feel I should be beyond that at my age - but I guess I'm not. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21474
Location: Somewhere in time
KUIII wrote:
Plook wrote:
I just can't get past his long windedness, he loses me in a couple of sentances and i make a sound that says, exhausted... :smoke:

He loses me in a lot more ways than that, Plook! On the one hand, my natural tendency is to ignore or dismiss anyone I find to be an asshole (for the want of a better word) but at the same time I'm fascinated by freak shows and I am a bit of an amateur psychologist so I understand Pope Jim's interest in the Trendmonger phenomenon as well. I also feel a little guilty for poking fun at him because I feel I should be beyond that at my age - but I guess I'm not. :)



Yes you have a dilemma, the conflict of knowing you are beyond it all, but you still want to watch the car wreck...that is human nature 101, have fun and enjoy... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
This is like picking at a scap. :twisted:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2351
Location: Europe
polydigm wrote:
(1) Did Zappa just make music for love? No, he gave a shit about money as well.
(2) What the fuck is the official realm anyway?? And who gives a fuck about it??
(3) How is such a complete fucking moron so interesting? Don't you guys have your own interests?

I have a mind of my own. Other peoples opinions concern me only in so much as how much possibility they have of taking a hold in some significant way that affects me adversely in the real world, but otherwise I couldn't give a shit. A lot of consideration has gone into my current position on life and it'll take more than a verbose dribbling sycophant to change my mind. People like Trendplunger are worse than fucking flies in an extreme Australian summer. He should be bug sprayed not fucking heralded for his lunacy. If Kafka was alive today his worst most painful short story ever would be about someone like him.

Standing Ovation!!!!!!

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7107
Location: exile
Last edited by Trendmonger on Mon 07.21.2009, 10:36 am, edited 112 times in total.

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Last edited by Trendmonger on Mon 07.21.2009, 10:36 am, edited 112 times in total.

:mrgreen: That's so right on! :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21474
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
This is like picking at a scap. :twisted:



How did you get the scap your picking... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15118
Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
This is like picking at a scap. :twisted:



How did you get the scap your picking... :smoke:


Wow, it must be bad when Plook picks on you for your spelling. :)

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 2307
calvin2hikers wrote:
Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
This is like picking at a scap. :twisted:



How did you get the scap your picking... :smoke:


Wow, it must be bad when Plook picks on you for your spelling. :)

My world is turning upside down. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 3580
Location: Eugene, OR
What the fuck is a scap, anyway? How did you guys ever get out of grade school?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
I was just testing Plook. Every one of you know it was scab I was going for. Yeah, thats' the ticket! I was testing Plook. :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19172
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
calvin2hikers wrote:
Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
This is like picking at a scap. :twisted:
How did you get the scap your picking... :smoke:
Wow, it must be bad when Plook picks on you for your spelling. :)
What teh heck?!

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21474
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I was just testing Plook. Every one of you know it was scab I was going for. Yeah, thats' the ticket! I was testing Plook. :mrgreen:



Did I pass Kapt, did I pass?... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I was just testing Plook. Every one of you know it was scab I was going for. Yeah, thats' the ticket! I was testing Plook. :mrgreen:



Did I pass Kapt, did I pass?... :mrgreen:

Could TMIMITW ever fail such a test......I think not! Why I'm shocked you'd ask! :shock: Shocked I tell ya! :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21474
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I was just testing Plook. Every one of you know it was scab I was going for. Yeah, thats' the ticket! I was testing Plook. :mrgreen:



Did I pass Kapt, did I pass?... :mrgreen:

Could TMIMITW ever fail such a test......I think not! Why I'm shocked you'd ask! :shock: Shocked I tell ya! :lol:



I'm just trying to be sure any old wounds have scapped over... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
I'm just trying to be sure any old wounds have scapped over... :mrgreen:

For cryin' out loud! Is there anything TMIMITW can't do? Now your a stand-up comedian too? :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21474
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
I'm just trying to be sure any old wounds have scapped over... :mrgreen:

For cryin' out loud! Is there anything TMIMITW can't do? Now your a stand-up comedian too? :mrgreen:



I'm scrapping by, but everything seems to be healing, the wounds are scapping up... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
I'm just trying to be sure any old wounds have scapped over... :mrgreen:

For cryin' out loud! Is there anything TMIMITW can't do? Now your a stand-up comedian too? :mrgreen:



I'm scrapping by, but everything seems to be healing, the wounds are scapping up...

Yer gonna ride that horse right into the ground, aren't cha!?! :wink: :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 3580
Location: Eugene, OR
That train ain't never late.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21474
Location: Somewhere in time
LMFAO... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 5670
Location: Orange County Ca.
you guys are funny.

_________________
This is the exciting part.
This is like The Supremes, see the way it builds up...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
^ Thanx, we try! :lol: ^

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group