Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:24 pm 

No, he stowed away on a starship to Dweezil Zappa World, where his personal lord and savior granted him political asylum. But we still reprint his shit over here as a public service, sort of a contemporary workshop in how not to write in English. Stop by from time to time to enjoy his latest atrocities against our fair language. Feel free to share any twisted memories you may have of him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:47 pm 

NuclearProstate wrote:
Does this guy ever post here anymore? I feel like I missed out.

Just read any old thread that has NMB in the title and you'll find him prattling on. If you want new shit, go to DZW then read it and weep, as it were.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:53 pm 

NuclearProstate wrote:

One can always go here, to catch up. 2008 has a bumper crop. (not counting the posts he deleted after Gail complained about his burying her posts.)

search.php?author_id=162&sr=posts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:19 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
NuclearProstate wrote:

One can always go here, to catch up. 2008 has a bumper crop. (not counting the posts he deleted after Gail complained about his burying her posts.)

search.php?author_id=162&sr=posts

Funny you should mention it... She has complained about him over producing his posts after hers. His posts were a page long, over explaining what GZ really meant and how we as listeners can channel the truth threw his knowledge of all things Zappa or else guess what GZ meant.
Funny stuff for science fiction. Real cheepnis!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:49 am 

New wisdom dribblings from the Trendbelcher concerning the video of "Uncle Remus" with ZPZ and George Duke:

Gary wrote on Aug 12, 2013 at 6:25 AM

A special video indeed. Honesty, Fairness and Integrity are at peace. This speaks to the composers intent in the highest of ambient domains. Not only in performance but Mr. Duke gives a little sermon on how Zappa Plays Zappa's performances are better than Frank's band. (Not limited to the Zappa/Duke song Uncle Remus)

For those that care to listen this is an example of how Frank's music rings loud and clear. This evidence shows the universe that Dweezil Zappa and his band had touched the heart of one of the finest musicians to ever walk the water. Dweezil Zappa and his band are forever in the spiritual footprints of George Duke.
- See more at: http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/groups ... Xm6Ey.dpuf

One of these days I'm gonna have to figure out what "ambient domains" means. He sure does go on about it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:08 am 

he must be reading my mind. I always thought that without Frank the music would be superior, too.
boy am I glad he is dead! good times. woo hoo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:30 pm 

"ambient domains" comes from the lyrics of "Evelyn, A Modified Dog" -- see http://www.arf.ru/Notes/Osfa/evel.html for details

Trendy seems to use this phrase as some sort of metaphor for high-fidelity performances and recordings. In one post, he says, "Official Release #90 is of a very high ambient domain." I guess that means that it sounds very good.

And I couldn't make it through that ZPZ video of "Uncle Remus." The singers hit all the right notes, but it just feels hokey and lifeless to me. No eyebrows, and of course, no Frank. :(

Last edited by FalseDichotomy on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:37 pm 

Thank you. More of Trendy's linguistic puffery.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:13 pm 

FD wrote:
And I couldn't make it through that ZPZ video of "Uncle Remus." The singers hit all the right notes, but it just feels hokey and lifeless to me. No eyebrows, and of course, no Frank.

I guess you had to be there! I've been to Ohio. We left 'cause of the hokey locals. :smoke:

Last edited by coevad on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:52 am 

"one of the finest musicians to ever walk the water. Dweezil Zappa and his band are forever in the spiritual footprints of George Duke".....

So let me get this straight, George walked the water (what ever that means) and left foot prints, sorry spiritual foot prints, in on or around the water for Dweez and co to what, paddle in?

I can smell the ambient puddle of poodle piddle from here.....

"Honesty, Fairness and Integrity are at peace"
What does that mean? are honesty fairness and integrity dead? Drowned in the water perhaps.

Are NYU providing an online course on trendy speak this year? Maybe I need to sign up, his posts are getting harder and harder to decipher :?

"Am I a fan, or a so-called fan?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:17 am 

I have concluded that Trendmonger is a gigantic fucking faggot.

He talks like a person with little intelligence who tries to sound smart. I bet he takes hours to write each post due to always checking a thesaurus for new words or google to see if he is spelling correctly.

He is like a ponce stricken with Asperger syndrome.

I bet he acts just like Alan Partridge in real life.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

Last edited by NuclearProstate on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:28 am 

Care to explain what a fucking faggot is?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:51 am 

Depends on how you take it. I use it as a term for somebody being a bitch not a homosexual.

He is a giant fucking bitch or a giant fucking asshole, cunt, dickhead, twat or generally disliked human being.

Either way he is a faggot.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:45 am 

coevad wrote:
I've been to Ohio. We left 'cause of the hokey locals. :smoke:

Please explain. Did you post this on the wrong thread, perhaps? I don't get it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:01 am 

NuclearProstate wrote:
... just like Alan Partridge in real life.

Speaking of which, have you seen the movie? Here in the US, barely anyone has any idea that there was ever an Alan Partridge tv show, movie or anything, so of course I haven't seen it in the theaters. Lemme know what you or your friends think about the movie, since I'll be looking for it on dvd eventually. (Thanks Aspy wherever you are for getting me into AP so many years ago, Ahhh Haaaaaaa!)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:18 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Speaking of which, have you seen the movie? Here in the US, barely anyone has any idea that there was ever an Alan Partridge tv show, movie or anything, so of course I haven't seen it in the theaters. Lemme know what you or your friends think about the movie, since I'll be looking for it on dvd eventually. (Thanks Aspy wherever you are for getting me into AP so many years ago, Ahhh Haaaaaaa!)

Yeah I watched it last night. It was hilarious, saw it with a few friends then we went to the pub after for a pint of bitter. Not sure if it getting released in the U.S in theaters at all. But it should.
All you need to know is Michael shits in a box.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:46 am 

He's back!
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23733&p=595317#p595317
In a typo-free paen to Disco Boy, facts, Ronald Reagan and George Duke's opinion that ZPZ is better than the MOI.

Last edited by Caputh on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:38 am 

He's back and he's beating his toy drum like there's no tomorrow. The main thrust of his message is: "I told you so, I told you so!" SO FUCKING WHAT? You want us to pin a medal on your chest? Go back to DZW and wrap your lips around the Dweezil Nozzle. You're pathetic.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:57 am 

Pope Jim wrote:
He's back and he's beating his toy drum like there's no tomorrow. The main thrust of his message is: "I told you so, I told you so!" SO FUCKING WHAT? You want us to pin a medal on your chest? Go back to DZW and wrap your lips around the Dweezil Nozzle. You're pathetic.

And that, ladies and gennulmen, is writing of the sort that makes me proud to say I'm a friend of Pope Jim's

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:45 am 

Thank you, Mad Jack. I keep hoping he'll make an appearance here, but I guess he's a big wuss.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:49 am 

I think you're right Jim. Fucker knows he'd get mangled here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:39 pm 

coevad wrote:
I guess you had to be there! I've been to Ohio. We left 'cause of the hokey locals. :smoke:

But did you do the hokey pokey? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:01 am 

My smile for today.

Trendmonger wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY THREAD YOU MENTAL MIDGET!

I'll reply where I feel like it. And I'll discuss the topic with educated diplomacy.

...I as many are well rehearsed of the fanatical desires for a more inclusive Stoickholm project but for you this place is more about school yard agendas than acting with diplomacy on any subject matter. .... Especially giving consideration to the aura of George Duke.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:27 am 

The guy is fucking exhausting!! LOL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:35 am 

John(L) got this response from Trendy when he asked him about the tracklist from the new Roxy album:

Gary wrote on Aug 21, 2013 at 8:05 AM

I do not. As fall and the ZPZ tour approaches the red carpet is being prepared for some grand enterances in the official Zappa catalog.

I try to get as much as I can out of expecting the unexpected. Even with the time I have spent with friends that work for the ZFT or any individual of the ZFT, I like surprises. It's clear there are plans for several Roxy related projects. Roxy by Proxy, ....Film should hit theaters and but also there is the ZPZ Roxy Film. That's a starting point, there very well could be more Roxy related projects down the line or even sooner than we can immagine. I am still optimistic about the film, or a portion there-of, being shown with or in close tandem/proximity with some live ZPZ performances. Either at the venue or in theaters in that city. There are a number of possibilities. I am hoping for both Regal RPX and live previews at ZPZ shows..

But for those that like to seek out info. The Roxy By Proxy "Get Some" Licensing info page at the Zappa domain is currently Down for Maintenace. I am sure if you browse around the Zappa Forum you can find that, where the Licensing info had some pointed information about that project. Surely it was put together to educate those that wanted to get invovled in licensing but there was some nice info there on the general project.

I rarely ask about details about works in progress. While I have on ocassion had a little fun pondering a name of a forthcomming 40Tieth Project Object, I prefer to let the Official Zappa projects go at their own pace. Sure I have had a number of intersting conversations, on a number of projects or vault items, with the Vaultmeister but this is more about general things that he is amazed with that he has come across or is working on. What I will say is that Joe does lots more work than some realise.We never discuss things that are overtly related to specifics of track listings to the projects. As I said I like surprises. Dweezil is quite open with information on his works in progress. Be it on this website, backstage or meet and greet, fans have many opportunities to disuss or get work in progress info on his work. I want to make it clear that I always try to show as much respect to how Gail goes about her business. Even if I had come across track listing info, I would not post info or disucss such info until she did.

With this one the pacing has a most intersting history. As the eons are closing I think my optimism remains at a high level. Sure many of have questions, such as track listing, but I sleep well at night, knowing the best is being done with what they have.

"16 errorrrr-errr-err-err-rrrs"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next