Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Talk To Frank Here.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:38 pm 

@ DC Boogie My poem is purposefully symbolic - it's a poem. My point is that the powers that be in the world today maintain their position through misinformation in the media and various national security organisations. Their power is actually frightening when you look far enough into it. If we took them on in any way that actually seriously threatened their position of power, the consequences would likely be devastating. It's so much easier to pretend there's nothing really wrong in the West.

Be a joik
And go t' woik
Do your job & do it right
Life's a ball
TV tonight . . .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:03 am 

I understand and appreciate your poem, poly. The way I see it, poetry is one way of speaking metaphorically about the world, religion another, philosophy yet another. Hans Jonas has studied resemblances between the ideas of the gnostics and existentialist philosophy. There are undoubtedly affinities between these schools of thought from different eras, probably because the gnostics struggled with existential questions rather similar to those faced by us moderns. I'm not a religious man, but I find many religious ideas interesting. Some reflect the world truthfully, others are just absurd and/or perverse. Maybe the suggested affinity with the gnostic world view is alien to you, and I sure don't need to stick it to you if you find it uncomfortable. But I can't escape my references, either, even if that renders my reading unsatisfacory to the author. Being on a Zappa forum I would say - ultimately - WHO GIVES A FUCK ANYWAY.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:36 am 

I'm not complaining about your interpretation, just explaining my intent. That's the thing with poetry, quite often the poet himself doesn't even know what it means. And FZ saying "who gives a fuck anyway" is really disingenuous as he probably gave a fuck more than most.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:01 am 

A person who read something, a poem or anyting see what fit with his life and experiences.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:39 am 

deuce wrote:
NuclearProstate wrote:
deuce wrote:
Frank, did you ever wear underpants? I know tight jeans were 'in', but didn't anyone mention 'it'??
TT

The fuck are you on about? A bulge?

Not just a bulge, sort of trying to escape down the left leg. e.g. on zoot allures' cover.
TT

Free as the wind.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:16 pm 

polydigm wrote:
@ OBDULA X It's not about being original, it's just pointing out your hypocrisy. I'm not on anyone's side over your download problem, but suggesting that if Zappa could actually hear you asking him such a question he'd consider it with anything other than contempt is beyond me. You're a sick person.

You are right, I am sick.......of you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:09 pm 

^
^ ZA cover seems like a blatant joke. Like ELP Love Beach hopefully was.

(what the hell is that in Emerson's pants?)

ZutboF wrote:
A person who read something, a poem or anything see what fit with his life and experiences.

That's it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:57 pm 

Hi Frank
I played a gig tonight wearing a pipco t-shirt.
OK, it was a Rory Gallagher tribute which you might not like greatly, but I tried to play some weird stuff like you would too. 8)
TT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:06 pm 

Hey, Frank. Eric Clapton wants to play the blues and still go to heaven.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:11 am 

Frank i know you know that i know but what next i don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:37 pm 

Hey Frank.
I cancelled my pension to free up some funds, and then my tax and NI went up, cutting it by half. Then my energy bill just went up by £120 a month.
Can you ask someone up there to destroy our government / local authority with a few lightning bolts or something?
Thanks,
TT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:59 pm 

What government gives with the left hand it takes away with the right. Then it comes after the rest.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:29 pm 

polydigm wrote:
What government gives with the left hand it takes away with the right. Then it comes after the rest.

My government does that and is trying to make me and others felons over prescription pills and why I keep 2 or 3 out of the bottle. :roll: I have no money to fight it, although I sent proof it's mine legally. I'm waiting to find out if I get a continuance or a felony warrant. Ain't our government, justice and lawyers just swell? Especially when your Public Defender sez:"Hey it's only 2 grand or so, settle, admit to something I didn't do and they'll drop the felonies" Fuck! I shouldn't have been profiled, entrapped or detained. It's like Bonfire of the Vanities up on the Butte County courthouse hill. Rats, all of them feeding off the poor. It looks like a Dead concerts going on in there. At least half the suspects are in ponytails or long beards the rest were minorities. Fuckin' shame is what it is and it'll get worse as these bad boys come outta the service to quell the population here. "Beware the military complex" ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Oppression breeds aggression. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:06 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
polydigm wrote:

My government does that and is trying to make me and others felons over prescription pills and why I keep 2 or 3 out of the bottle. :roll: I have no money to fight it, although I sent proof it's mine legally. I'm waiting to find out if I get a continuance or a felony warrant. Ain't our government, justice and lawyers just swell? Especially when your Public Defender sez:"Hey it's only 2 grand or so, settle, admit to something I didn't do and they'll drop the felonies" Fuck! I shouldn't have been profiled, entrapped or detained. It's like Bonfire of the Vanities up on the Butte County courthouse hill. Rats, all of them feeding off the poor. It looks like a Dead concerts going on in there. At least half the suspects are in ponytails or long beards the rest were minorities. Fuckin' shame is what it is and it'll get worse as these bad boys come outta the service to quell the population here. "Beware the military complex" ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Can you apply for legal aid to fight the charges KK?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:17 am 

Hi Kapt. Sympathies / empathies etc to you.
I've had a couple of situations where I have been given the choice to 'admit' to something to settle things. A whole year taken up by them, and I was even prepared to be beaten to a pulp with one of them by the real perp'. But I stuck to my guns.
They're all over now, and I sleep really well at night. But I'd be cursing myself forever if I had admitted to something I didn't do.
Best of luck,
TT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:16 am 

Thanks deuce, I'll admit to nothing I didn't do! :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:10 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Which is almost everything... :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:22 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
polydigm wrote:

In class warfare, it's always the poor who loses.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:33 pm 

Caputh wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Which is almost everything... :wink:

I try...you know me so well Caputh! :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:03 pm 

Kapt i like your signature: I'm getting larger as I walk away. It remind me the hat fixer story when Frank walked away, dunno if Mr. Wayne figured out yet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:12 pm 

ZutboF wrote:
Kapt i like your signature: I'm getting larger as I walk away. It remind me the hat fixer story when Frank walked away, dunno if Mr. Wayne figured out yet.

Hat fixer story? Hmm. Don't know that one Zut, I need more of a hint or a link or a boot to the head. Tell me the story again. :?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:16 pm 

http://www.thecanteen.com/zappa.html
Zappa Meets John Wayne

In his autobiography Zappa recalled Halloween night 1965, when, between sets at the Whiskey-a-Go-Go, John Wayne rolled up in a limo with some friends, all drunk. On his way in, Wayne spotted Zappa, sitting outside wearing a striped shirt, work pants, no shoes and a homburg with the top pushed up. "Reaching the steps," wrote Zappa, "he grabbed me, picked me up and started slapping me on the back, shouting ‘I saw you in Egypt and you were great . . . and then you blew me!'"

Later, Zappa had to pass Wayne's table on the way out, and Wayne got up and smashed Zappa's hat down onto his head. Zappa took it off and pushed the top out again. "You don't like the way I fix hats?" yelled Wayne. "I've been fixing hats for 40 years!" Zappa put his hat back on, and again Wayne smashed it down.

"I'm not even gonna give you a chance to apologize," Zappa said before walking out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:20 pm 

But i think Frank said someting on stage when Mr wayne enter the room maybe it is that who turned him mad a bit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:21 pm 

http://wiki.killuglyradio.com/wiki/John_Wayne
Frank said:The place was packed. When I got up on stage to begin the last set, I announced: "Ladies and gentlemen, as you know, it's Halloween. We were going to have some important guests here tonight – we were expecting George Lincoln Rockwell, head of the American Nazi Party – unfortunately, he couldn't make it – but here's John Wayne."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:29 pm 

I remember now, thanks man! Great story. FZ, like most great artist, are unfortunately more popular or are discovered after they've gone and died on us. True but sad, they get larger as they walk away so to speak. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next