Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:15 am 

... who would play the role of Frank ... the role of Mrs Zappa, the children and so on and so forth?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:05 pm 

This thread has already been treated elsewhere. I think it was called 'How about a film on Frank's life' or something like that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:48 am 

Yes, that's correct...<br>And in that topic i've said that it would be impossible to make a movie about Frank.<br>Simply because the man, his music and his life are just to complex to turn into a 2 hour movie, or a 3 hour one, for that matter....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:52 am 

sorry, havent had the time to read the whole message board, ha ... do you really think a 3 hour movie would be too short? well, then let's start a whole series, with lots of episodes ...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:55 am 

[quote author=RayBuckmiller link=board=legends;num=1037448902;start=0#3 date=11/18/02 at 03:52:29]sorry, havent had the time to read the whole message board, ha ... do you really think a 3 hour movie would be too short? well, then let's start a whole series, with lots of episodes ...[/quote]<br><br>Yes, kinda like the Band Of Brothers thingy.....<br>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:13 am 

Who's going to direct the movie....????<br>If Stanley Kubrick was still with us, he could do it.<br>He also was a huge perfectionist and i see a lot of other simmilarities between FZ and Kubrick....i think the two would liked eachother....Don't ya think

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:27 am 

Man From Utopia, you must be out of your mind! I certainly hope yer kidding when you said Opie Cunningham (thanks to Eddie Murphy) should direct a movie about Frank--should be Tim Burton or Terry Gilliam--both have the animation thing going (it would be cool to mix live-action & animation) and are a little loony

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:23 am 

Ed Norton or Johnny Depp. Could one of these two play the lead role ? I'm wondering...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:04 pm 

VH1 had a TV movie about the PMRC hearings. I didn't like the guy they picked to play Zappa.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:03 pm 

[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=legends;num=1037448902;start=0#5 date=11/18/02 at 04:13:02]Who's going to direct the movie....????<br>If Stanley Kubrick was still with us, he could do it.<br>He also was a huge perfectionist and i see a lot of other simmilarities between FZ and Kubrick....i think the two would liked eachother....Don't ya think[/quote]<br><br>FZ and Kubrick...two of my all time favorites...Kubrick's death saddened me nearly as much as Frank's (and that was A LOT...with Frank I was downright depressed)...would they like each other? Maybe they did, who knows...would they work together? I don't know that Stanley was ever into doing bios, his next project probably would have been AI, the hard core version...anyway, back in the late 70's The Sex Pistols wanted him to direct a documentary on them...his response to their manager Malcolm McLaren was, "I already made that movie-it's called A Clockwork Orange"...<br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:17 pm 

HMMMMMM...now you've got me thinking.....<br><br>If Kubrick were to make a movie about FZ what would it be called....<br><br>200 Motels: A Space Odyssey...?<br><br>A Clockwork Orange County Lumber Truck...?<br><br>I wonder...

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:36 pm 

Eyes Wide Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:08 am 

Or perhaps......<br><br><br>2001 Size Fits All<br><br><br>but then again...<br><br><br>Holiday In Berlin Full Metal Jacket

>You don't.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:04 am 

Another interesting point is, who would play the audience in a movie about Frank, how much money would it cost to be part of the audience, who would decide, if you are part of an audience back in the old days at the GUAMBO or part of  the Bongo Fury-Audience etc.?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:28 am 

[quote author=white_person link=board=legends;num=1037448902;start=15#16 date=11/26/02 at 08:26:29]Serj Tankian, lead squawker from System Of A Down, would seem to make a great FZ, visually, at least.[/quote]<br><br>Yes, he has the whole facial hair thing already going...<br>I wonder what he would say when they actually asked him to become Frank.<br>