Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:12 pm 

[quote author=josh link=board=legends;num=1037688875;start=0#0 date=11/18/02 at 22:54:34]Here is where I think Zappa would have played if there was a third leg to this tour (cap. means capacity, att. means attendance and SO means sold out):[/quote]<br>what is God's name are you up to now ya idiot?  <br>did all of this data pour out of your retarded mind or does it actually have some basis in fact?<br><br>am i the ONLY one here who's realised that josh has lost his fucking mind?!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:07 pm 

yes, i was fully congizant that there was a return swing through North America planned prior to the Thunes scapegoat meltdown.<br><br>i take it then that this is a "what if?" imaginary itinerary for a tour that never happened?  ok, i'll meet you half way here josh.  obviously FZ must've had tour dates and venues lined up for the remainder of the tour.  were these dates and venues ever publicized?  is that what appears above, with sales figures based on actual ticket sales?  Or is your entire list pure pud-whacking speculation?<br><br>obviously I am a pathetic dopplecreation, but don't you have anything better to do?!<br><br>i suppose you know the titles of the next 70 albums FZ never got to record?  you might be onto something here!  "Josh Speculates Zappa - A Memorial Tribute".<br><br>[center]I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU COME UP WITH NEXT!<br>I LOVE YOU, YOU BIG DUMMY![/center]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:12 am 

What is the point of this post ???

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:23 am 

[quote author=josh link=board=legends;num=1037688875;start=0#6 date=11/19/02 at 02:14:46]<br><br>I just wanted to let everyone know where I think Zappa would have played on the third leg of the'88 tour for the one millionth time!!!!!!! ::)<br>[/quote]<br><br>Oh! Okay!<br><br>Well, I have to disagree with you. I think that the concert in Memphis at the Mud Island Amphitheater would have drawn 3000 people, and the concert at Clemson, S.C. would have drawn closer to 2800.<br><br>I also think the Miami area show would have drawn 7500.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:27 am 

Hey Josh, interesting topic, but where did you get the info (places, dates) ???<br>Did you look where he played on previous tours and how much people attended those shows or are you just guessing here.....<br>I mean, it's a impressive list, don't get me wrong, but how do you know ???

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:47 am 

hey josh, while you're at it:<br><br>- what do YOU think Frank had for breakfast this morning in heaven?<br>- is there a morning in heaven?<br>- do they use the metric system in heaven?<br><br>my existence begs these questions, and since YOU seem to have all the answers...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:28 pm 

The estimation for the Montreal's forum is pretty close, JOSH. I would have like to see that band. I consider 'The best band you never heard' as one of his finest album. That band was amazing.<br>It's a soothing thought. It feels good just to think of what that evening could have been. Thanks.<br>It's fun to put a little fantasy in this forum sometimes. Only Jackasses take themselves too seriously. <br>Did I hear a screeching voice in the back ?   8)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:30 pm 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=legends;num=1037688875;start=15#16 date=11/20/02 at 15:25:23]I just want to say that I really hope this is all good natured ribbing. If not, get off of Josh's case, will ya? Where is the rule that says a person can't post something based on speculation, not fact? This must be a Mattie residue....[/quote]<br>rules are for weak minds.  i have no use for them.<br><br>i have no quarrel with anyone.  you will note that i reserve my virulence for josh alone.  the thrust of my rebuttals to the josh gospel is to provide counterpoint, reality checks, and entertainment.  with the occasional eye-poke.  cheery fare for a lively forum, all in the name of good fun.<br><br>perhaps josh has a medical disorder.  that would simply make me a cruel villain and for that i must apologize.<br><br>back to the thread however, i would very much like to know josh's thoughts on my light-hearted inquiry.<br><br>there will be no dopplegangerRonnys_Noomies

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:27 pm 

[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=legends;num=1037688875;start=15#21 date=11/21/02 at 11:17:45]It's a fantasy, mr. doppleganger...  :) it's a VERY DETAILED one but anyway, this is the 'legends, myths and fantasies' part of the forum...  ;)[/quote]<br>i like you Sebastiaan, and you are right.  josh's post clearly falls under the category of fantasy.  i concede.<br><br>it's just that i find 0% entertainment value in dragging my eyes and mind through a pile of horseshit data that josh pulled out of his ass.<br><br>one could extrapolate this thread concept into yet another tour, or throughout the span of his career moving backwards, or into infinity!  really, what is the difference?!  to shorten or lengthen this concept would neither enhance or diminsh its relevance, entertainment value, or interest level.<br><br>zero to the tenth equals nothing at all.  do you read me devil?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:36 pm 

I was at the Sacramento show July 29th.  When the band came back onstage for the encore everyone passed by Scott Thunes single file and gave him a big hug and a kiss.  It made me feel all warm inside.  Great Show!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:53 am 

i like joshs posts : it is totally over the top. it has no usefull point, but it evolved in an entertaining thread.<br>so doppleboy has a point pointing that out. point point point. boys will be boys. as it should.<br><br>anyone cares for a simulation of beer prices on the mars tour Frank planned in the year his 80th birthday, before he knew of his illness, hoping that space technology would be at hand?