Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:39 pm 

Since Frank passed away, I wonder what's the largest number of former FZ band members that have been together at the same time? And wouldn't it be great to see every living one of Frank's former band members get together and jam?  

somehow...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:04 am 

Guy i met once told me he saw a bunch of the '88 band playing together in a spot in cali' to about sixty people.<br>Apparently a gig was cancelled and some calls were made and hey presto!! Believe it was most or all of the horn section??<br>Can anybody confirm or deny??<br>Nice guy though gave me an "S.I.R" T-shirt!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 6:13 am 

To right Deee Ess the Roxy band would do it for me. One of our drunken pub talks is - If you had a time machine where would you go? I always say 1974 I would love to have followed the Roxy band, they were the dogs bollox!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:09 pm 

I would have to say it was Bannned from Utopia. It sported all of the Fowler brothers, Chand Wackerman, Tommy Mars, Ed Mann, Albert Wing, Pat or Kirt McGetric, Ike Willis. They palyed around in Southern Califorina a few times. I saw them twice in small venues. THEY BLEW THE DORRS OFF THE PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sat right in front of the 4 piece horn section. My ears rang for a day or two. Did I over dose or what? They have a new CD coming out on Steve Vai's Favored Nations Label in October. GREAT BAND!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:26 pm 

Here's one for ya!<br><br>The "Zappening 2000" concert held near Peoria, IL. Has that event ever come up on this board? It was a 3 day, multi-band Zappa celebration/festival held in the Summer of 2000. I got to meet and hang out with all of the following Zappa alumni, listed in the order that I met them:<br><br>Ike Willis<br>Don Preston<br>Jimmy Carl Black<br>Bunk Gardener<br>Ray White<br>Arthur Barrow<br>Ed Mann<br>Tommy Mars<br><br> Unfortunately for the bands, it wasn't advertised very well and the attendance was pretty low, but it was a great time and nearly a religious experience for me. Meeting and talking with those guys is definitely one of the most memorable events of my life. <br><br>Check out the T-shirt I bought--<br><br>[center]Image[/center]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:21 am 

Disks from the shows?! REALLY! I'd love to know more about that! How about the people that were shooting video; do you have any of that?