Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ZO-INCIDENCE
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:24 pm 

ZO-INCIDENCE - what this really means is CO-INCIDENCE but with a play on the CO bit as it has a relevance to my own special coincidence im about to tell of that has to do with OZ - aw - i know im dumb but please sympathise.<br><br>this afternoon i purchased a globe ( that lights up ) second hand for £4.00 in the market . this evening i attended a talk about a new music building at shrewsbury school in shrewsbury , uk.<br>this evening i got a call from my sister to tell me that they had sold their house in shrewsbury and also had recieved official confirmation that their application to emigrate to australia had been successful - they are departing in a few weeks. <br><br>is all this just a coincidence or is there more to it all than that ? also id like to hear more strange coincidences yous lot may have had.<br><br>mungo

Post subject: Re: ZO-INCIDENCE
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:47 pm 

yes - i knew coincidence was an inadequate description of what i was attempting to describe but im a lazy mother  - another term / concept that might fit is MORPHIC REASONANCE - i only 1/4 understand the idea behind it but feel it may be of relevance.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:57 pm 

I was JUST making fun of someone yesterday and today I found out they DIED!!!!!!!<br>(it's all my fault  :'( )<br>Think they'll try shovin' me down a flight of steps from beyond???

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:24 pm 

Hey Mungo, do you think it's a coincidence that on the same day you decided to post this thread, someone named "Mongo" joined the forum?

>You don't.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:41 am 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=legends;num=1046388291;start=0#4 date=02/27/03 at 18:21:37]No, but I think you'll find all your clothes have turned into cheap cartigan sweathers.[/quote]<br>That's exactly who I was making fun of! I put on a coat and out of the blue started singing,'it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood".<br>Two other things happened like that that I can't remember right now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:42 am 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=legends;num=1046388291;start=0#4 date=02/27/03 at 18:21:37]No, but I think you'll find all your clothes have turned into cheap cartigan sweathers.[/quote]<br>That's exactly who I was making fun of! I put on a coat and out of the blue started singing,'it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood".<br>Two other things happened like that I can't remember right now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:48 am 

I used to work for a cell phone company.  <br><br>A guy called wanting a phone at a subsidised price, due to his tenure with the company.  This wasn't a problem as he was certainly eligable for this. <br><br>I placed the order for him that night and advised that it would be shipped to him in 5-7 days. <br><br>The next day I receive a message showing that the "phone upgrade" had been denied.  I went into the notes on his account and our cancelation department had received a call from his mother saying he died in an automobile accident the previous evening, and they were waiting for the mother to fax the death certificate to cancel his account.  <br><br>Could it be that I was the last person he spoke with? <br>Could it also be that he was talking on his cell phone while driving, causing his untimely demise?<br><br>Not realy a coincidence, but just something weird.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:52 am 

I have Florecent lights in my crummy apartment.  The light are realy bright and annoy me.  <br><br>One night as I was about to turn them off,  I said aloud, " I hate those damn florecent lights".  Not two seconds later did the lights covering fall from the ceiling and nearly hit me.  <br><br>Spooky.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:49 am 

yes sleeping my man - jimmi the d has alerted me to the prescence of this MONGO person and ill be on the look out for him - if yer see this mongo - leave my bones alone !<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:25 pm 

so who will be the next rock star to kick the bucket - my monies on , um , BONO<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:08 pm 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=legends;num=1046388291;start=0#12 date=02/28/03 at 14:36:06]Way back when, my mother asked me who I predicted would be the next rock star to kick the bucket. I said, "Definitely Jim Morrison." Guess who died later on that same day? [sub]Imagine favorite eerie music here.[/sub][/quote]<br><br>You actually had conversations with your mother where she asked you stuff like that? Wow Ronny's, she sounds WAY COOL...all my mother ever used to ask me was stuff like "did you brush your teeth" or "what was that wad of stuck together tissues doing in your bed?" You know...stuff like that...typical everyday stuff...<br><br><br>UH, EXCUSE ME FOLKS, I WAS BLOWIN MY NOSE DURING THE NIGHT, OK?<br><br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:08 pm 

Once I was typing a bibliography and I typed the name<br>"Vernon" instead of Victor then realized it was wrong, whited it out, then waited till it dried. Came back in the room and AGAIN typed "Vernon". Whited out and finally typed the right name in. The next day... I spent the day with a patient while she died because her husband asked the staff, since he was all alone, if they'd let me stay with him while his wife died. His name was VERNON! ( I swear to God)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:24 pm 

Ok here's one...my grandfther died in 1986, at age 81.  His wife, my grandmom, died this past January 16 at the age of 93, after a brief illness and after surviving a 9 hour operation to run a vein down to her nearly gangrenous (is that a word?) foot. But survive it she did, went thru rehab, the whole nine yards and was back at home when she got a blood clot in her lung and wound up back in the hospital. <br><br>Anyway, they wound up telling her that she didn't have a good chance to survive. So on Thursday Jan 16, they wanted to put her on a respirator but she adamantly refused. After the Drs. left the room, she looked knowingly at the family members who were present and said, in a broken Italian accent, "I die today."  After the nurse came in and gave her a shot of morphine she looked at everyone again and said, "Goodbye". <br><br>Within about 30 minutes she slowly passed away, with many family members present in the room, myself included (actually a first for me).<br><br>So here's the coincidence...January 16, the day she died, happened to be my grandfather's birthday. And she knew it. Now the thing is nobody believes it's a coincidence, including the nurses at the Catholic Hospital. I don't know whether I do or not. Was everything in it's right place?<br><br>Sorry to be so long winded, I think I had to get this off my chest and who better to do it with than my friends...

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:10 pm 

bono was a wild guess not a nomination - considering the nature of this thread i recon this subject is one to avoid - i dont want no blood on my hands<br><br>mungo