Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:04 am 

Harry Potter is mainstream commercial mega-boredom at its worst.<br><br>Now if there was a "Hairy Pothead and the Magic Mushrooms", there might be some interest...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:17 am 

[quote author=arrcee link=board=legends;num=1056135108;start=0#1 date=06/20/03 at 12:04:24]Harry Potter is mainstream commercial mega-boredom at its worst.<br><br>Now if there was a "Hairy Pothead and the Magic Mushrooms", there might be some interest...[/quote]<br><br>Maybe, but when was the last time millions of kids worldwide got in a frenzy over a BOOK SERIES ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:47 am 

[quote author=Homsar link=board=legends;num=1056135108;start=0#2 date=06/20/03 at 14:17:35]<br><br>Maybe, but when was the last time millions of kids worldwide got in a frenzy over a BOOK SERIES ?[/quote]<br><br>Don't really know or care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:23 pm 
Banned

.....and they've gotten ex-Monty Python member John Cleese to play a ghost in the movies. It is not a good thing when the writer of a interesting movie (A Fish Called Wanda) gets sucked into doing a boring movie (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone).

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:15 pm 

[quote author=Thing-Fish2003 link=board=legends;num=1056135108;start=0#4 date=06/20/03 at 15:23:33][center]... and they've gotten ex-Monty Python member John Cleese to play a ghost in the movies. It is not a good thing when the writer of a interesting movie ("A Fish Called Wanda") gets sucked into doing a boring movie ("Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.")[/center][/quote]<br><br>He's Only In It For The Money.<br>(At least that's what I figure)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:41 pm 

I've never read the books, but I saw both movies and liked them. Good imagination, and they didn't overuse the special effects.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:33 pm 

[center]Image[/center]<br>[center]A fake Harry Potter book portraying <br>our hero as a fat hairy dwarf has gone <br>on sale in China and become an instant hit. [/center]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:05 am 

[center]Ladies and gentlemen, the official "Harry potter assasin page"! [/center]<br><br>http://www.newgrounds.com/collections/harrypotter.html<br><br>Better enjoy it! 8)<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:33 pm 

<br><br>In 1976 a little child was born. His name was Larry. . . Larry Fucker. His parents raised him on candy and cheap chocolate bars and Larry soon got lonely. He had to find some girl. Stupid as he was he went to a local store called Ambardinia. He bought a little t-shirt that he named Bastard Jones. That t-shirt became his friend and instructed him how to make a girl using a wand and two plastic fingers. Never did Larry know that Bastard was really telling him an old ritual that would grow a chin that was twice as nasty as the one he had before. The chin eventually got grown into a beard. Some early pizza rests had grown stuck into the magnet which Freddy Neddy (an early friend) had planted inside the beard of Larry himself. Larry got furious. He called directly to BanThoseFuckers Inc and requested an IP removal. After paying 20 bucks for a lousy internet server that could only ban people and lay bombs on small pieces of cheese. However, Freddy was so smart that he asked Bastard to recreate his IP into a PI variable that could not be understood by the server Larry bought. After being totally frustrated, Larry went to Flowering Chickens Corporation and got himself some fart gas. He wrapped to ton of them into two bedroll chickens and tucked them into his magnet in the beard. His beard was so huge that a few rats he had for dinner felt out before Bastard's eyes. Bastard told Freddy, but Freddy didn't believe him so they had an argument. Larry twitched his eyes and went into Freddy's house only to find out that he had been killed be a four legged dog by the name of Hell. Bastard was still alive because of Larry's incredible fart stence. What could Larry do? If he left Bastard, he would die or if he stayed he would be eaten by Hell. So he took an old lighter off the bed table and ignited it using a burned out candle stick. After burning his beard and tossing it into Hell's mouth, Hell died and both Larry and Bastard survived and could go lucky home for breakfast with fried rats and a few dog legs. :)<br><br><br>The End<br><br><br>http://members.lycos.co.uk/kbshrine/limbo/larry.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:47 pm 

[quote author=Dirty_Love link=board=legends;num=1056135108;start=0#10 date=06/21/03 at 12:36:40]<br><br>Yeah that was a good sait I tryed to play the Stab Harry Poters face game and it was realy funny...  :)<br>[/quote]<br><br>Good you liked it! :D<br><br>Not that I usually is watching stuff on that site anymore since my PC screws up if I have alot of stuff up and watch a movie.<br><br>Well, well. You others can enjoy it aswell. It is easy!<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:57 pm 

sparlatacus: ...neat little story, my son. whats that link below, is that your project or what? there was no identification who the author of the stuff is so i ask.<br>if its you -  whats about the monster of IN cubus? more details, thats funny.<br>regards<br>wowie!<br><br>p.s.: i don`t dislike harry fucker...ahm potter. <br>        i` ve read all of it once when a friend passed it  and<br>        it was fun for some afternoon that would have <br>         been wasted anyway. for kids its alright, they got<br>         some programmes on tv which are WAY worse.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:32 pm 

[quote author=wowie_zowie link=board=legends;num=1056135108;start=0#13 date=06/21/03 at 23:57:55]sparlatacus: ...neat little story, my son. whats that link below, is that your project or what? there was no identification who the author of the stuff is so i ask.<br>if its you -  whats about the monster of IN cubus? more details, thats funny.<br>regards<br>wowie!<br><br>p.s.: i don`t dislike harry fucker...ahm potter. <br>        i` ve read all of it once when a friend passed it  and<br>        it was fun for some afternoon that would have <br>         been wasted anyway. for kids its alright, they got<br>         some programmes on tv which are WAY worse.[/quote]<br><br>*Ahem* It is merely not MY project!<br><br>It is stuff other people have done since they hate Harry Potter aswell. It is all in flash!<br><br>Also, it is different authors that have done the stuff there and that site is HUGE!<br><br>Just to tell!<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:20 am 

You know, I've never read the books, but I enjoy the movies---and my little nephews adore them!!! What's not to love?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:16 am 

Quote:
sparlatacus: ...neat little story, my son. whats that link below, is that your project or what? there was no identification who the author of the stuff is so i ask. <br>if its you -  whats about the monster of IN cubus? more details, thats funny. <br>regards <br>wowie!
<br><br>Yes that is my site. All of it. The index pages got deleted once because everybody hated the site and I don't think I can get them back I'm afraid. But you can acces each from these links:<br><br>http://members.lycos.co.uk/kbshrine/riseofthedead<br>http://members.lycos.co.uk/kbshrine/kubusmannen<br>http://members.lycos.co.uk/kbshrine/limbo<br>http://members.lycos.co.uk/kbshrine/geoshities<br><br>I think that was all. You can even make your own site, just go here:<br><br>http://members.lycos.co.uk/kbshrine/<br><br>EDIT:<br><br>You CAN NOT sign up for the newsletter though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:41 am 

I just read that the new Harry Potter book isn't getting the best reviews.  Not that it matters sicne the book has already sold so many copies.  When is the McDonald's HAppy Meal toy coming out again?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:36 am 

[move]HARRY POTTER IS THIS YEAR'S FLOWER POWER[/move]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:38 am 

[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=legends;num=1056135108;start=15#20 date=06/22/03 at 14:42:13] ;D<br><br>and, of course, don't forget our prime-minister Balkenende:<br><br>Image[/quote]<br><br>It's a shame that we Dutch people have to put up with this UBER-VEGETABLE...<br>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:52 pm 

YES - how very TURNIPS UBER ALLES. <br><br>on a more serious note - der potter stuff is deeply cool and i aint complaining - my 5 year old is ( apparently ) the spitting inage of potters right hand kid - ron weasley - looks like that go a long way in the reputation / cred stakes amongst junior school folk. think ill get a face kift an some glasses.<br><br>mungo