Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: FZ with a beard ?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:07 pm 

Definately a good opinion on docs. I recently switched from an HMO (OMG---sucks to be you if you're still in one) to a POS and got a doctor who did'nt rush me through the visit and listened to every one of my problems and gave me some ways to fix some of the problems I had'nt even heard of before. Praise Gawd!!!!!!!! ;D :o ;D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:36 am 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=legends;num=1045781091;start=45#48 date=02/28/03 at 16:07:37]That's the thing that bugs me about finding a doctor...the guys who were complete fuck-ups, who barely passed, who had to repeat multiple classes, the one's that are at the BOTTOM of their class, THEY get to be doctors, too, so long as they eventually finish meeting the requirements. I no longer assume when I go to a new doctor that he's a genius at his craft just because he has "Dr" in front of his name. I could give examples of some real dumb asses. OK, here's one: I dealt with a guy who is a doctor mainly because his parents owned a prominent *SPAM* in their home town, and they pretty much MADE him become a doctor. He clearly has no aptitude for it (I could give examples), and he even told me during a visit that he wished he'd have gone into *SPAM* instead 'cause that's where the real money is. <br>There's no warning on the door alerting you to this when you go see him as a new patient. <br>Wearing a lab coat certainly doesn't bestow magical powers of skill or knowledge, that's for sure. I agree, sometimes the nurses are more professional than the doctors.<br>Side note: I loved the episode of The Simpsons when Dr. Nick performs Homer's heart surgery. You gotta see that one. It covers all of this kind of stuff. He's watching a "how to" video before the surgery, etc.  ;)<br>[/quote]<br>Here's another "true calling" story. I brought my cat to the only vet that had evening hours on a Sat. nite. I pulled up to HIS HOUSE(!!!) where he worked out of the livingroom. He had hair sticking in 18 different directions and when I mentioned something about feline AIDS he said, "Oh! They can get AIDS too?". "I only went into veterinary care for the money" He was just was a phramacy school drop out!!!!!!!! I left when he went into the next room. Since then I've heard alot of other people complain and some really bad experiences with him. He'd look things up in books while you were standing there. ::)<br>One note,this guy called me at home and asked me to a movie!! How odd is that. Real professional.<br><br>Also, when I was in nursing school, some of the girls that passed were UTTER ASSHOLES. 2 of them almost killed two patients. And we (the students) got to see alot of Dr. fuck ups that people wouldn't ordinarily see.<br>It's scary and I hope I NEVER get sick. I'd rather just drop dead!!! ;D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:53 pm 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=legends;num=1045781091;start=45#54 date=03/01/03 at 14:27:35]<br>This reminds me of a similar but more pithy vet story. I lived in Baton Rouge for a while. My cat had a litter and one of the kits was sick, so I took him to a "recommended" vet. This guy was an old coon-ass (local jargon for cajun) who worked out of a store front. From the waiting room, which was crowded, you could see him working on the animals. I watched him "put down" a dog, and throw it's dead body ON THE FLOOR behind him. Thinking, well, vets do have to kill animals sometimes, I stayed. The woman before me came out with no animal, crying. When I went in, he took one quick look at my cat and said, " This cat's gonna die, lemme put it out of it's misery." Presuming a possible dialog could ensue (silly me), I asked him why the cat was going to die. He said, "I'm just telling you, this cat is sick and is going to die. Don't talk back to me, I know what I'm talking about." He started to fill the syringe to stick my cat, and I grabbed my cat and left, calling him a fucking quack and a crazy sadistic asshole (yes, I believe those were my exact words.... I done good). The worst thing, is that I looked over my shoulder on the way out and saw 2 or 3 dogs and several cats dead on the floor behind him, where he's killed them and tossed the bodies. Chilly, very chilly. I addressed the people in the waiting room on the way out, and NOT A SINGLE person heeded my advice to leave while their animal was still alive. :o :o :o<br><br>Unfortunately, he was ultimately right, the sorry ass. The entire litter died over the course of the next few weeks.  :'([/quote]<br> <br>There was a vet here like that too. He was frightened of dogs and his cure-all was euthanasia.<br>Sorry if this story isn't "pithy".<br>Also, when I was 16 I went for my drivers license physical exam and the doctor had his "office" in a store front. He was drugged or hung over and SO BORED with the test towards the end his eye exam was, "See these 2 fingers? How many fingers am I holding up?". All the while he'd step on crawling insects that were walking around.<br>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:54 am 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=legends;num=1045781091;start=45#56 date=03/01/03 at 19:29:41]<br>Was my little story really pithy? I really don't even know exactly what it means. It just sounded good. <br><br>You had to get a physical for your driver's license?? How weird. I bet hearing the crunch of ex-insects really boosted your confidence in this fine medical professional.<br>[/quote]<br>Yeah, do some states not require a physical for drivers license?<br>No. No R's N's, your story really wasn't pithy. Please try, in the future, to be pithy. Think of the children!!!<br>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:26 pm 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=legends;num=1045781091;start=45#58 date=03/02/03 at 20:12:03]<br>Can you think of anything worse than a physical by a Dept. of Motor Vehicles employee? "Where is your form? I won't touch you without a form. Stop asking questions! Stop smiling. Hey, if you don't stop talking to me I'll send you to the END OF THE LINE. Now, I see by your medical history you have chronic weeping lesions, as well as crying warts in your.... oh my god, I can't touch you. You pass. Next?"<br><br>Actually, Illinois, in apparently its one sensible act, does not require a physical. So there, Ms. Puke. <br><br>As for pithy, I still don't know what it means. Something about children?[/quote]<br>How far we've come. From FZ's beard to weeping leisons. Oh what a tangled web we weave.<br>

Post subject: re: fz with a beard ?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:40 pm 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=legends;num=1045781091;start=45#48 date=02/28/03 at 17:39:28]....I thought I was following the train of thought...[/quote]<br>Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:02 am 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=legends;num=1045781091;start=45#57 date=03/02/03 at 20:12:03]<br>As for pithy, I still don't know what it means. Something about children?[/quote]<br><br>It means "precisely meaningful" or "forceful and brief". <br>