Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Where are we ???
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:28 am 

Hmm.. I can't remember.. what was the point of this thread again?  ??? ;)<br><br>MrBickford said it best: "This thread is like a Zappa composition that twists and turns itself in and out of absurdity...."<br><br>Anyway, If you'd like to read up on Jim Gordon, here is a very interesting article about his mental disorder.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:52 am 

<br>[quote author=Studebaker link=board=legends&num=1035215521&start=120#126 date=10/28/02 at 03:28:27]<br>Hmm.. I can't remember.. what was the point of this thread again?  ??? ;)<br><br>MrBickford said it best: "This thread is like a Zappa composition that twists and turns itself in and out of absurdity...."<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>The question was "where are we" and the answer was about to come out as "the Netherlands". Then somehow we ended up in some Kiss concert (or was it a briefing?). Things were Rushing in and out during a dialogue which I couldn't follow completely but can say that it was obviously hot. So, this is where we are.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:49 am 

Yeah, pretty heavy storm, eh? The apartment building next to mine had to call the fire-department to prevent a blown tree from crashing into their building...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:25 am 

::Stops head from spinning::<br><br>uhhh....<br><br><br>Did you know that DOZENS of people have DIED at DISNEYLAND?<br><br> ???

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:42 am 

<br>[quote author=VapoSlob link=board=legends&num=1035215521&start=120#130 date=10/28/02 at 05:25:08]<br>::Stops head from spinning::<br>[/quote] <br>Hmm.. sounds like a scene from 'The Exorcist'. Hey, did you check out those Zappa & Vai screen captures I made? <br><br>If you want to discuss that Count Grishnack character further, perhaps it's better to start a new thread on that and copy + paste all the relevant posts there. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:04 am 

<br>[quote author=Studebaker link=board=legends&num=1035215521&start=120#131 date=10/28/02 at 05:42:47]<br>Hey, did you check out those Zappa & Vai screen captures I made? [/quote]<br><br>YES! That was Ultra-Cool. Thanks! <br><br>[quote author=Studebaker link=board=legends&num=1035215521&start=120#131 date=10/28/02 at 05:42:47]<br>If you want to discuss that Count Grishnack character further, perhaps it's better to start a new thread on that and copy + paste all the relevant posts there. :)<br>[/quote]<br><br>I dunno if it is worth the effort of starting a new post, maybe if I thought there would be some interest. <br>I get pretty riled on that there subject. <br>Maybe I should cool down for a bit.<br> 8)<br><br>

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:13 am 

Where are we? <br>We´re on planet earth. If someday this planet should get destroyed someway, then does anything matter actually? My cd-collection will get destroyed and all my work as a music fan will be in vain! Uh oh, I hope this wasn´t too heavy. Don´t get depressed. :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:51 am 

<br>[quote author=josh link=board=legends&num=1035215521&start=45#48 date=10/26/02 at 14:13:52]<br><br><br>Hopefully Kiss will!!!!!!! :P<br>[/quote]<br><br>There's hope, because Gene Simmons isn't immortal although he may think otherwise....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:03 am 

We are all in this together, sitting on the edge of our seats awaiting the audio and video releases from the vaults.  I saw the last show in Chicago '88 and ever since I've been watching the skies for live performances from rocking teen combos like "Band from Utopia" and now "Project Object".  Ike & Napoleon are amazing!!!  The fans are showing up at the shows, the word is being spread and the meek shall inherit nothing!  I keep meeting new fans that were born after 1980.  It sounds like the floodgates are slowly opening and the goodies are on their way!  Stay positive and smile.  ;D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:21 am 

In what concerns me here in Brazil, I try to introduce FZ music to as much people as I can!<br>Arf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:58 pm 

As to the origin of this thread, I firmly believe that FZ's fandom has not shrunk, nor will it shrink moving forward.  My 4.5 year old daughter loves his music (well, I skip the naughty bits for now.)  There will certainly be peaks and valleys in the commercial success of his music, but I believe it will endure.<br><br>The 'dated' aspects will hopefully stir curiosity in future generations... shit, I'm 31 years old, and I had lot to learn about the '60s before I could understand a lot of the MOI material, but the music always floored me.<br><br>Hey josh (the rest of you are going to want to kill me, but I cannot resist...), I must respond to some of your more egregious statements:<br><br>1)  Your comment about Kiss' playing being "rudimentary" reveals you as what I call a "math-rock snob".  Do you say the same thing about John Lee Hooker?  He can't play like Alex Lifeless or Greedy Lee.  At least Kiss don't try to inject rock music with high-school level 'serious' poetry as found in "2112".<br><br>2)  The rest of the stuff about "real" or "fake" is ridiculous.  I was a die hard Rush fan for four years, bought all their albums, learned all Geddy's parts on the bass by staying up late every night listening repeatedly to them... and then I saw them on tour for that red album (don't recall the title).  They fucking played with SEQUENCERS and pre-recorded Aimee Mann vocals, and Neil did the same goddamn solo he's done for 20 years.  It sucked dude.  It just plain sucked. What a bunch of pretentious sellouts they became.<br><br>Kiss play rock 'n roll music in all its high-school dipshit glory, and they are far more meaningful to me now than Rush ever was... not for their music mind you, but for their integrity as entertainers:  We do not pretend to not want your money.  I tip my hat to the genius of KISS.<br><br>BF

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next