Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:20 pm 

;D  I met "Joey Psychotic" last week in Cleveland!  Quite a cool person!  Everyone must remember him!!  Now HE is a dedicated FZ fan (32 years +)!  I thought I was a big FZ fan (17 years +) but next to Joey, I felt like a beginner!  HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!  ;D    

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:09 pm 

[quote author=Dr.Including link=board=legends;num=1036104291;start=0#3 date=10/31/02 at 17:11:36]<br>Gosh! I just hate people disturbing others in their enjoyment of listening by making noises, singing, talking and whistling...yes and one of the worst: start clapping[/quote]<br>YEP !!!  That's why I stopped going to concert in big places ! The last one was in 83 or 84, Genesis. People cheered 30 seconds at the beginning of the song and 30 seconds before the end of the song. So, 1 minute lost on every song, multiply by 15 songs (average) = 15 minutes on a 90 minutes show.<br>Considering the price of the tickets these day ! And nothing seemed to have changed from comments I receive from friends who do attend concerts now.<br>Blessed the days when people were too stoned and sat down to LISTEN !  ::) <br>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:11 pm 

A friend of mine always compares rock concerts to the movie 'Fight Club': "Rule number one, there are no rules".<br><br>I must admit, audience participation can be cool but I also dislike people clapping behind the beat, drunken fools and people who need to show everyone that they know all the lyrics by whining along off-key.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:30 pm 

Hey Sebastiaan,cool. I have been wondering this same thing.<br>~<br><br>And why do they throw stuff ?-  At Ozzfest we were hit by water bottles, chunks of dirt, and a shoe.<br><br>At Black Mountian, my son was hit by a frog.... Somebody threw a frog!!! <br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:39 am 

Well, since there are some tunes on Yellow Shark from the third day that were released on the CD, one of the clapping hands could be mine (I am NOT the one saying "yes or no" during Welcome to the US!) <br>And, since the Dupree version on MAJNH is from Mannheim 88, I could be one of the folks applauding, too (I was not alone in there ;)). I was stnding way in the back, for reasons already mentioned above....<br>I also quit going to big halls. It is not a "picknique". >:(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 3:49 am 

He's not exactly an audience member, but at least he can claim there's a song written about him...<br>Yes, i am talking about Micheal Kenyon a.k.a.: The Illinois Enema Bandit.<br>Does anyone know anything about him ???<br>Is he still alive and is he aware of the fact that he is a somewhat famous person now (at least among Zappafans ???) or maybe Micheal is an actual forum member, although that would be HIGHLY unlikeable.<br><br>''You've heard about Richard Nixon,<br>  but this guy is better...''

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:36 am 

[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=legends;num=1036104291;start=15#18 date=11/07/02 at 05:49:32]He's not exactly an audience member, but at least he can claim there's a song written about him...<br>Yes, i am talking about Micheal Kenyon a.k.a.: The Illinois Enema Bandit.<br>Does anyone know anything about him ???<br>Is he still alive and is he aware of the fact that he is a somewhat famous person now (at least among Zappafans ???) or maybe Micheal is an actual forum member, although that would be HIGHLY unlikeable.<br><br>''You've heard about Richard Nixon,<br>  but this guy is better...''[/quote]<br><br>"... one of the great americans of our time!" ;D<br><br>Whre was the "uniform incident" recorded? Berlin or London. I remember the Mothers had some problem with students in both places. Mothers Of Reaction, remember... rediculous. Those were the days...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:51 am 

[quote author=zliq link=board=legends;num=1036104291;start=15#19 date=11/07/02 at 07:36:13]<br><br>"... one of the great americans of our time!" ;D<br><br>Whre was the "uniform incident" recorded? Berlin or London. I remember the Mothers had some problem with students in both places. Mothers Of Reaction, remember... rediculous. Those were the days...[/quote]<br><br>I know that Frank gave all of the M.O.I. members some sort of ''Surviving Berlin''-medal after the riot there...<br>