Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:32 pm 

yes - its official - following extensive research i am now pleased - very very pleased - to announce what i suspected all along - <br><br>FRANK WAS A COUNTRY ARTIST <br><br>tra da , gasp, shock, horror - holy shit.<br><br>dont believe me ? well check this out - its the paragraph - MOTHERS IN LA<br> <br>http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/misc/1965-69.html#Mothers <br> <br>and here are the words - from the great man himself -  <br> <br>FZ continues to tell the story of the members of the band in the article: <br> <br>We had added a girl to the group, Alice Stuart. She played guitar very well and sang well. 1 had an idea for combining certain modal influences into our basically country blues sound. We were playing a lot of Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf-type stuff. Alice played good finger-style guitar, but she-couldn't play "Louie, Louie," so I fired her. <br> <br><br>and -  her name was ALICE - a double victory ( make that a dubya vctory ). i rest my case. tonight - i am a happy guy ! see y'all. <br> <br>mungo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:07 pm 

Nah, he invented rap Image<br><br>http://www.zappa.com/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=rant;action=display;num=1050259501

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:23 pm 

• guacamole queen of my double wide trailer
  • i don't care about imaginary diseases, 'long as i got my plastic jesus <br>[tt]bobbin' on the dashboard of my chevy '39[/tt]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:10 pm 

FZ does<br><br>C&W...Harder than yer Husband<br>RAP...Dr. Poop<br>Blues...Rat Tomago<br>Jazz..Yo Cats<br>Opera..Teenage Prostitute<br>Ballet..Sinister Footwear<br>Trance...Night School<br>...argh..it goes on......

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:20 am 

Frank wasn't even near to country.<br><br>Rap? Nah, actually, The last poets, it is more reasonable that they did it 8)<br><br>http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDCASS80311211323360611&sql=Bp72vadokv8w2<br><br>No, no and no!<br><br>Look here at Frankie:<br><br>http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDCASS80311211323360611&sql=B4dzsa9lgb23u<br><br>Just to note: That site IS professional, really it is, they know their stuff.<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:55 am 

if you understand what it says, you will see he said "our country blues sound" and your dubya reference shows your 'fuzzy math' mentality.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:47 am 

ya dont say mr. monger ! well spotted - how could i have missed that - silly me - gimme a break man.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:46 am 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=legends;num=1069371131;start=0#8 date=11/21/03 at 12:47:02]ya dont say mr. monger ! well spotted - how could i have missed that - silly me - gimme a break man.<br><br>mungo[/quote]<br> ;D ;D ;D<br><br>I hopes ya continues pooting forth the theories, mungo.<br>It makes for fascinating reading.<br>Keep digging!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:19 am 

look swifty - you think im kidding, think ims just having a little laugh, think i dont really mean it or that ims indulging in idle speculative theorising for attention seeking purposes ?  - well think again and sod you mr.swiftsmartass - i mean it all right - ALL of it.<br><br>you cant just DEMAND this sort of stuff on tap - it takes time, careful research, intuition and a bit of genius mixed in - tell ya what - before i post the next one ( and ims workin on it right now as a matter of fact ) i will send you a PM so you can be first to read it - OK ?<br><br>i appreciate yer support <br><br>mungo<br><br>pooting am i? - pooting - whatyer mean pooting - pooting what exactly  - pooties yer cooties in there swifty.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:14 pm 

Dear Malice Alice,<br><br>Yow! Whaddaya mean cooties? No cooties on me! (And, for the record, my buns are always down; firmly planted in my big leather executive CEO type chair.)<br><br>Your decision to run yer poot through a professional service  for review first is a wise decision. Ims highly qualified for fancy fact checkin' myself, as yer can see from my own zappa/rap research, see.<br><br>Send the new stuff on over with a few American $$$$ (so I can pays someone to accurately translate it from mungo-ese to English and back) and I'll sees to it that yer fact pootin' stays legit there. <br><br>Regards,<br>Big Swifty & associates<br><br>bcc: Big Brother Watchful Eye Security Service; chick that plays violin in The Hot Club Of Cowtown; GZ; Tennessee; Texas<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:38 pm 

thats what i meant to say - i just couldnt get it together - anyway swifty, you seem to be the guy i need to orgainse the confused content of my head - ill hire ya though note - its brain janitor rates - not therapist rates. after all , its just shovellin shit, sorting the plastic from cardboard and spraying airfreashener round once a day.  <br><br>by posting below you accept these terms of employment<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:09 pm 

Hmmm...no can do. I got big leather CEO chair payments to make. I can only take the big jobs where I can slowly bleed ya dry. Ya know, start off slow like saying I only need a few $$$$ for a translator, then start padding the bill with all kinds of additional imaginary expenses performed by imaginary employees which allow me to funnel the dough directly into my pockets in a steady stream yet remain registered as a non-profit business. Tax exempt, too, ya know. It's hard to explain, but it all makes sense on paper. <br><br>Since I know ya ain't got the dough, I'm supposed to come up with a good lie to get out of this. Got any ideas? I'm thinkin' of sayin' Jesus told me he has a new plan for my life; that one gets used a lot to weasel out of things. Country music people use it A LOT. It even helps 'em sell more records. Repent and cha-ching! Cash in! That shit'll kill a rockers career, though. What were we talking about? Oh yeah...harumphhh..sniff sniff...cough...harumphh..."Mr. Alice! Good to see you! Please come in and have a seat...no, not in THAT chair...yes, the couch is fine...Well now, I have some good news and some bad news....it appears you may be better off on your own after all....it's as if it was a sign from God. You see, I was having this little conference with God today, and he told me......."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:17 am 

well, perhaps then i could temp you with a propor business deal 50/50 split, twin signatures reqiured on the chequing heavenly bank account and company cadillac repleat with steer horns on the bonnet ( you get the beefheart steeringwheel bear after 6 months).<br>what we going to call this outfit then ? in fact, whats the line of business ?<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:41 pm 

Tempting as the beefheart bear (wolfman?) is, I gotta do what Jesus told me...He says you gotta prove that whole country music/Zappa connection on yer own, my fact checkin' days are behind me. Praze Jeee-zus! I saw the light!<br><br>But as I pretend to quit my fictitious business, I leave you with this lead to possibly help you prove your case-- <br><br>Fact or Rumour-<br>Frank and John had a guitar royale?<br><br>[center]Image<br>Frankie and Johnny<br>play their big hit single<br>FUCK ALL OF YOU!<br>Available now on Warner Bros. Records[/center]<br><br>[center]Also, he once had an album cover that looked like this:<br>Image<br>That's right, you saw right...Frank as a Cow Boy! <br>Hey, ya can't make this stuff up![/center]<br><br>Anyway, hope this helps yer cause. Steady on!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:49 am 

oh yeah and jonny cash was supposed to join fz on stage but couldnt make it so they did a tune for him anyways - is that off broadwaythehardway ? - on of the live lps anyway. thanks for the hint / reminder. the case grows stronger and stronger.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:06 am 

;D ;D ;Dthats funny, boys ;D ;D ;D<br><br>thanks swifty for passing information bout this thing. <br>i always can rely on you, its been proved one more time.<br>theres nothing to be added to this so i wont.<br><br>short note to lord mungo:<br><br>mungie, my dear, i am not able to get back to the other thread (you know which one) even if i tried cuz i really cant remember. you dont need to eat your equipment or yourself up as an apology because life is hard enough and wintertime is coming. i got certain intention you might need the stuff for better use the soonest. <br>and i still love you, even (or maybe because) you are so silly. goddammit. keep up to that!<br>merry christmas,<br>wowie zowie!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:07 pm 

Frank wasn't a country artist. He never wrote a song about his pickup truck, his dog, his favorite bar, or fucking his sister. ;D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:58 pm 

[quote author=Billy link=board=legends;num=1069371131;start=15#18 date=11/24/03 at 21:07:37]Frank wasn't a country artist. He never wrote a song about his pickup truck, his dog, his favorite bar, or fucking his sister. ;D[/quote]<br>I thought it was "marrying your cousin and fucking the livestock"? ???<br><br>Eh...I'm a "Northern Girl"...what do I know?  ;D<br><br>Gypsy Moon Dream<br>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:28 pm 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=legends;num=1069371131;start=15#15 date=11/23/03 at 18:41:54]<br>[center]Also, he once had an album cover that looked like this:<br>Image<br>That's right, you saw right...Frank as a Cow Boy! <br>Hey, ya can't make this stuff up![/center]<br>[/quote]<br><br>Notice the kinda Italy looking black part on that creature.<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:36 am 

may be so billy, but he did write bout crusin for beefburgers, fuckin his dog babette and interfearing with the prosthetic relatives of his mate wild bill the manequin fucker - plenty of stuff bout whiskey a go go too - thats a bar, add to that his growing up amidst all em turkey farms etc..<br><br>yer can take the zappa outa the country, but yer cant take the country outa the zappa.<br><br>mungo<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:55 am 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=legends;num=1069371131;start=15#22 date=11/25/03 at 04:36:11]may be so billy, but he did write bout crusin for beefburgers, fuckin his dog babette and interfearing with the prosthetic relatives of his mate wild bill the manequin fucker - plenty of stuff bout whiskey a go go too - thats a bar, add to that his growing up amidst all em turkey farms etc..<br><br>yer can take the zappa outa the country, but yer cant take the country outa the zappa.<br><br>mungo<br><br>[/quote]<br>harder than your husband sounds like a good ole country favourite too

Shitface
Shitface Music Page