Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: REN & STIMPY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:09 am 

Of course the most of us (by now) know that Frank did the voice of the Pope in an episode of this truly fantastic cartoon.<br>The thing I would like to know is this: what do YOU think of Ren And Stimpy ????<br>To me they are the best cartoon EVER....The Simpsons being second on my list.<br><br>Mr. Horse: ''No sir, i don't like it...''

Post subject: Re: REN & STIMPY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:49 am 

<br>[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=legends&num=1035209392&start=0#0 date=10/21/02 at 06:09:52]<br>Of course the most of us (by now) know that Frank did the voice of the Pope in an episode of this truly fantastic cartoon.<br>The thing I would like to know is this: what do YOU think of Ren And Stimpy ????<br>To me they are the best cartoon EVER....The Simpsons being second on my list.<br><br>Mr. Horse: ''No sir, i don't like it...''<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>I thought R&S were cool at first until the creator got booted off his own show by the genius's at Nickelodeon. He also provided the voice of Ren and the guy that replaced him was good but had none of the nuances and interesting inflections that the "Kric" had. Without him the show eventually lost it's appeal for me.  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:06 am 

Yeah, I liked the John K.-written episodes with those gross close-ups the best too. But the other episodes weren't too bad, they often still had me laughing. One of my favorite R&S-episodes is the one where Stimpy makes a 'happy helmet' for Ren and forces him to wear it so he'll never be sad again. Of course, this plan totally misfires and Ren really freaks out.. :)<br><br>Speaking of FZ-related animation series: I love 'Duckman' too, that's a truly great cartoon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:43 am 

The great John K and his Ren & Stimpy series pretty much opened the door for other (not so good :() cartoons and their creators.  Has anyone ever read the book "Pat the Stimpy"?  Also great.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:06 am 

I seen that show a few times,I thought it was pretty cool.Good for some laughs.<br><br>Sifl & Olly- is/was the one I liked best. More musically inclined.<br><br>http://www.sifl-n-olly.com/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:11 am 

Happy Happy Joy Joy.Oh yeah, I remember that CD. # 1 son used to sing those songs to me.<br><br>I remember I liked that Log Song. "It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood- something something log log"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:01 pm 

YAY! That's it... <br><br>I knew it was something about a log. <br><br>

Post subject: re: r & s
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:50 pm 

r & s creeps me out

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Thu May 03, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 4:53 am 

[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=legends;num=1035209392;start=0#0 date=10/21/02 at 06:09:52]Of course the most of us (by now) know that Frank did the voice of the Pope in an episode of this truly fantastic cartoon.<br>The thing I would like to know is this: what do YOU think of Ren And Stimpy ????<br>To me they are the best cartoon EVER....The Simpsons being second on my list.<br><br>Mr. Horse: ''No sir, i don't like it...''[/quote]<br>That was ....and still is one of my favorite cartoons....The Simpsons rank high on the list too tho' ;D ;D ;D ;D

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 5:24 am 

Mmmmmm, Gritty Kitty Litter, makes an excellent casserole!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 5:44 pm 

Thats Great News Whitey, I can't wait..........

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:45 am 

[quote author=white person link=board=legends;num=1035209392;start=0#12 date=05/25/03 at 08:47:43][font=arial]They're (almost) ba-aaack...<br><br>REN & STIMPY, UNCUT<br>Classic Cartoon Gets a New Life on TNN<br><br>By J. Max Robins<br><br><br>The Ren & Stimpy Show, the hit cartoon that helped put Nickelodeon on the map, is going back into production, according to industry sources. TNN has ordered new episodes of the adventures of Ren, a churlish Chihuahua, and Stimpy, his naive feline friend. In addition, TNN has obtained rights to 52 episodes of the show that ran from 1991 to 1995.<br><br>To create the new episodes, TNN is expected to bring back series creator John Kricfalusi, whose sophisticated animation broke new ground — and whose gross-out humor predates Comedy Central's South Park. Kricfalusi had an acrimonious split from Nickelodeon in 1992 after clashing with management about the cartoon's content. (The network kept the show because Kricfalusi had sold it the characters.) The episode that reportedly put Nickelodeon brass over the edge — they refused to run it — was entitled "Man's Best Friend." A cult classic in the animation underground, "Man's Best Friend" introduces the character George Liquor, who submits Ren and Stimpy to a sadistic training course, which ends when Ren beats George to a pulp.<br><br>"It's one of the most violent and hilarious things ever done," says Billy West, the voice of Stimpy as well as Ren for a time (Kricfalusi did the Chihuahua's voice before he left the show.) "Now that the show's on a channel not aimed at kids, it may finally be seen."<br><br>According to TNN sources, the network plans to run "Man's Best Friend" as well as restore deleted footage into other Ren & Stimpy originals. As for Kricfalusi, a TNN spokeswoman confirmed that the network "was in discussions" with him about doing new episodes but would not discuss any of the details. Kricfalusi declined comment.<br><br>TNN has chosen Ren & Stimpy as the anchor of a prime-time animation block slated to launch in early 2003. Among the other cartoons that are likely to join it: Gary the Rat, about a lawyer who is turned into a 6-foot rodent, and Stan Lee's Stripperella, whose title character is a stripper who becomes a superhero in the after-hours. Frasier's Kelsey Grammer will voice the rat. Pamela Anderson will bring the stripper to, um, life.<br><br>TNN's interest in animation is part of an evolution that began in 2000, when Viacom took control of the channel and changed its name from the Nashville Network, programming country-music videos and Hee Haw reruns, to the National Network, showing everything from Star Trek: The Next Generation reruns to the WWE.<br><br>"We're the network of the WWE," says a TNN insider. "So why not Stripperella and Ren & Stimpy uncensored?"[/font]<br>[/quote]<br><br>Let's hope this will be realised and that some Dutch TV network invests their money in broadcoasting it overhere...<br>

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 3:02 pm 

thems two remind me of F&E - enough said.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:38 am 

Hey I thought Frank did:<br><br>Mr. Horse: "No sir, I don't like it."<br><br>and <br><br>Powdered Toast Man: "Powdered - Toast -  Man!"<br><br>also????<br><br>Sure sounds like him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:43 am 

[quote author=Dirty_Love link=board=legends;num=1035209392;start=15#15 date=05/31/03 at 02:59:56]REN & STIMPY RULES !!! <br> <br>Image<br><br>Its one of the best cartoons I have ever seen... <br>Simpsons is good too but I like R & S a little bit more. <br>Its great for grown ups who havent realy grown up.<br><br> ;D ;D ;D[/quote]<br><br>Your right about that one, because it is definitley a adult cartoon, if you ask me...<br><br>The first time i saw it, i was 12 or 13 years old at the time, and i immediatley adored them and all the crazy characters on the show !!!<br><br>At the time, i really didn't noticed all the gross so-called ''adult'' material. like Stimpy's booger collection or his fur balls and stuff, but i just loved Ren and Stimpy, the way they interacted with eachother, their voices, the songs, the crazy adventures they had (Spacecadet Stimpy anyone...???).<br><br>And the other absolutely classic aspect about the cartoon is that all the other characters that kept showing up during their shows we're almost as cool and funny as Ren and Stimpy...<br><br>Remember Muddy Mudskipper, Victor The Neighbourhood Sadist, Mr. Horse, Kowalski (PULL DOWN THE PANTS !!!! ''Fake Dad'' episode), Tinker Galoot (''If u wish upon a side of beef, soon will come an end to all your grieve...but if u been mean or kinda bad, I will knock out all your teeth...''), that guy who doesn't wear pants, Wilbur Cobb and all those others ??????<br><br>I'm getting kinda sentimental when seeing this list...<br>If you will excuse me, i'm hoing to cry<br><br><br>[move] :'( sniff sniff :'([/move]<br>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:23 am 

Tonight will be Ren & Stimpy night for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:24 am 

..it's about fuckin' time!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:51 am 

It was good but not great. I kind of miss Billy West. Let's wait and see how nexrt week goes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:35 am 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooss!<br><br>So now they cuss and have blatant homosexual tendencies and eat a lot more snot and vomit.<br><br>Woopie.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:07 pm 

..I likeded it..I'm just happy they're still making them.. ;D ;D ;D ;D