Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: REN & STIMPY
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:44 pm 

Is the song title "Ask Dr. Stupid" a reference to R&S?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:06 am 

The second new episode was much better.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:04 pm 

R&S are great it's about time there back on the tube.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:47 pm 

I agree-the new R&S shows are funny but not as great as the originals--which is why I don't watch them and wait for the oldies but goodies. And I just could'nt stay awy from the button! The jolly, candy-like button!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:45 am 

Are Ren & Stimpy episodes available on DVD in the USA ?<br><br>If so, then maybe one of my uncles, who live in Texas and Minneapolis, and come to Holland each year, can take a few of those with them...<br><br>I taped almost every episode ever aired in Holland, but i have only one more of those tapes left, so i would love to have R & S on DVD.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:11 am 

Almost ALL cartoons (except for maybe Rainbow Brite and the Smurfs)  were developed for adults.  The content is generally beyond the grasp of children, who mainly get a thrill from the pretty colored characters.<br><br>I remember as a child that my grandpa would laugh his ass off at Rocky and Bullwinkle.  It was years later that I actually realized what was so funny about those 'toons.<br><br>My Favorites:<br><br>Warner Brothers (Looney Toons) -especially the old stuff;<br>Fleischer Brothers;<br>Rocky and Bullwinkle (including Fractured Fairy Tales and Sherman and Peabody);<br>Duckman!!!<br>The Simpsons<br>Ren and Stimpy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:05 pm 

FUCK!!!! I missed it again! damn it! <br><br>hehe, ever watch the old Ren and Stimpy shows in French and not understanding it?  Quite amusing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:29 am 

Just to be foolish and offtopic for a while but....<br><br>Image<br><br>"Button of destruction", yeah right!<br><br>Ok, let's get back to topic.<br><br>I saw Ren & stmpy when i was young, extremely, young. Somewhere between 2-3...maybe a bit older. Although I didn't remember anything from it, only something about one of them went crazy with a strange hat on his head. But, I can't watch it since I don't have the channel. <br><br>Booohooooo! :'(<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:09 pm 

<br> cant wait for the return of ren and stimpy.<br>  no cartoon has came close to them except for the simpsons.<br><br>   i might just have to get cable again after all... !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:09 am 

YESSSS.....<br><br><br>They're back in Holland !!!<br><br>Thanx Nickelodeon....<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:38 am 

[quote author=Thing-Fish2003 link=board=legends;num=1035209392;start=30#40 date=07/22/03 at 15:16:57]Nickelodeon sucks! They replaced Ren & Stimpy with CatDog - A show which was less funny than R&S, and then replaced CatDog with Spongebob Squarepants, which is totally unfunny![/quote]<br><br><br>I have to DISagree on the Spongebob Squarepants part there, ThingFish.<br><br>I saw it for the 1st time somewhere in the beginning of 2003 and i think it's real funny...<br><br>Especially Spongebobs pet Gary, a snail who says ''Meoowww...''<br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:00 pm 

;D ;D ;D ;D[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=legends;num=1035209392;start=30#41 date=07/23/03 at 06:38:15]<br><br><br>I have to DISagree on the Spongebob Squarepants part there, ThingFish.<br><br>I saw it for the 1st time somewhere in the beginning of 2003 and i think it's real funny...<br><br>Especially Spongebobs pet Gary, a snail who says ''Meoowww...''<br><br><br><br>[/quote]<br>..I totally agree with ya there, Abby, SpongeBob is a pisser!!!! ;D ;D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:42 am 

[quote author=zaigoat link=board=legends;num=1035209392;start=30#42 date=07/23/03 at 18:00:58] ;D ;D ;D ;D<br>..I totally agree with ya there, Abby, SpongeBob is a pisser!!!! ;D ;D[/quote]<br><br><br>[move]Touche !![/move]<br><br>Thanx...<br>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:55 am 

[quote author=Thing-Fish2003 link=board=legends;num=1035209392;start=30#44 date=07/24/03 at 15:26:37]OK, it's fine if you like the "spongebob" show, but I still think Nickelodeon sucks ...  ;D[/quote]<br><br>Why ???<br>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:01 am 

[quote author=Thing-Fish2003 link=board=legends;num=1035209392;start=45#46 date=07/29/03 at 22:25:16]Because Nick censored, and eventually, cancelled Ren & Stimpy![/quote]<br><br>I did not know that...<br><br>Why did they cancel Ren & Stimpy ?<br><br>Was it considered to ''filthy'' for TV ?<br><br>What reason could be good enough to cancel one of the best cartoons ever made ?<br><br>Please explain.<br>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:01 am 

[quote author=Thing-Fish2003 link=board=legends;num=1035209392;start=45#48 date=07/31/03 at 13:50:52] "The First Network for Men," (as we HAVE to call it, because of Spike Lee's stupid lawsuit. Wonder if he sued the makers of "Ace Ventura," because the monkey was named "Spike"?) and the rest was history.[/quote]<br><br>I believe Mr. Lee's case has been dismissed..<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:30 am 

[quote author=sir galoot link=board=legends;num=1035209392;start=45#49 date=07/31/03 at 14:01:24]<br><br>I believe Mr. Lee's case has been dismissed..<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>ASSOCIATED PRESS <br> <br>NEW YORK, July 7 — Spike TV won’t be getting spiked after all. Filmmaker Spike Lee and Viacom settled a dispute Monday that allows the media giant to rebrand its TNN network as Spike TV, ending a lawsuit that contended the new moniker was a deliberate attempt to hijack Lee’s image.<br>        LEE, DIRECTOR OF “Malcolm X” and “Do the Right Thing,” had obtained a temporary injunction in June that prevented the name change, but on Monday state Supreme Court Justice Walter Tolub lifted the order.<br>       The ruling means Viacom, which also owns CBS and MTV, can proceed immediately with plans to call the network Spike TV, the “first television network for men.” Details on the settlement were not disclosed.<br>       TNN shows reruns of “The A-Team,” “Baywatch” and “Miami Vice” and sports entertainment such as pro wrestling and “American Gladiators.” The network also carries an animated series featuring Pamela Anderson as the voice of Stan Lee’s “Stripperella,” an undercover agent who is also a stripper.<br>       Lee, whose real name is Shelton Jackson Lee, said he objected to being associated with low-brow programming.<br>       The judge initially ordered Lee to post a $500,000 bond on June 13 after he issued a temporary injunction against Viacom’s plan to rename TNN. But after a hearing two weeks ago, the judge raised the bond to $2.5 million and gave Lee until Monday to post it.<br>         The additional $2 million was never posted, and the judge vacated the injunction after both sides reached the agreement, said one of Lee’s lawyers, Terry Gross.<br>       “We have settled the case with Viacom,” Gross said. “It’s obviously good when parties settle.”<br>       During the hearing Monday, TNN vice president Kevin Kay said the network had lost millions of dollars since the injunction and stood to lose millions more if the bar continued.<br>       Viacom officials didn’t immediately return telephone calls seeking comment on the judge’s order.<br>       While the case was pending, Lee was in Los Angeles filming “Sucker-Free City” for Showtime, a cable network owned by Viacom.<br> <br>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:16 pm 

http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/covers/index.html<br><br><br>Image

Post subject: Re: REPLY!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:22 pm 

Image<br>BACKOFF MAN!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:02 am 

[quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=legends;num=1035209392;start=45#51 date=11/11/03 at 21:26:17]<br><br>Huh. Not even AbnucealEmukaah83 replied to this.[/quote]<br><br>I'm sorry...i was to busy listening to my new Dylan Bootlegs and visiting his concert this monday, which was great by the way !!!<br><br>I'm happy to know that Ren And Stimpy are indeed available on DVD, so that i can ask one of my uncle's who lives in the States to buy them 4 me and send them to me....<br><br>If it's an all region DVD that is, otherwise i still ain't got nothing to look at...<br><br>Thanx anyway 4 the tip... :-*<br>