Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Maiden Fans About Zappa
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:36 am 

For those of you who are still interested in the Zappa-Maiden link, you remember ???<br><br>Iron Maiden play Zappa in the tourbus...<br>Iron Maiden wear Dental Floss-t-shirts....<br><br>Well, yesterday, i visited the Iron Maiden-site, went to the bulletin-board and posted that all-important question:  Is it true that Maiden likes Zappa ?<br><br>And what do you know, i went back there today and found out that i had 28 reply's from Maiden-fans and their thoughts on Zappa...<br><br>For those of you who are curious about these thoughts, you can read them here:<br><br>http://www.earboards.com/showtread.php?s=threadid=71500<br><br><br>See ya...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:52 pm 

Try this one instead. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:16 am 

[quote author=Papagajas link=board=legends;num=1036420579;start=0#5 date=11/04/02 at 16:39:48]Right on abnu83!!![/quote]<br><br>Thank u....<br>You like me, you really,really like me.........<br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:26 am 

Just for the record, the majority of people who post at the Maiden BB tend to be a bit on the "stupid" side.  I've been a Maiden fan for almost 20 years and most of them make me ashamed to be a Maiden fan.<br><br>The folks over at the Bruce Dickinson BB on the other hand are great.  http://www.screamforme.com<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:19 am 

I just read a thread from Iron Maiden Forum where some guy had discovered a video from the net where a soldier is being executed. I didn't care to see the video but judging from the comments it must be quite awful.<br>It's just shocking what kind of stuff is to be found from the net. All the perversions of human kind one click away.<br>Well, anyway this was off-topic. Sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:31 am 

Steve Harris ia a major Zappa freak! Has also worn the Titties N Beer shirt on stage for a long time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:14 pm 

[quote author=Man from Utopia link=board=legends;num=1036420579;start=0#4 date=11/04/02 at 16:11:38]but it just did not work. Just like Dickinson's solo stuff. <br>[/quote]<br>Right on. The title of his debut solo album was (hang on to something...) : 'Balls to Picasso'.<br>If Zappa had invented it, everyone probably would've liked it.  But Bruce... why didn't he die trying? All those Wasted Years.<br>Nevertheless: Maiden = A okay.<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:24 pm 

[quote author=justHerb link=board=legends;num=1036420579;start=0#8 date=11/06/02 at 11:26:54]Just for the record, the majority of people who post at the Maiden BB tend to be a bit on the "stupid" side.  [/quote]<br>it was amusing and disturbing at the same time. damn, the world is a complicated place.<br><br>ps. anyone know how to make that metal-hand sing as a sort of smiley? thought that was cool.<br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 4:17 pm 

[quote author=_bb_ link=board=legends;num=1036420579;start=0#11 date=11/06/02 at 16:14:57]<br>Right on. The title of his debut solo album was (hang on to something...) : 'Balls to Picasso'.[/quote]<br><br>i hereby wager all of my major organs that Bruce Dickinson's debut solo album was entitled "Tattooed Millionaire", and that "Balls To Picasso" was in fact his second solo album.<br><br>_bb_, see if anyone at the Maiden board can correctly identify the source of this IM lyric:<br><br>[move]"Deliver!  That counts!"[/move]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 3:55 am 

[quote author=dopplegangerjosh link=board=legends;num=1036420579;start=0#13 date=11/06/02 at 18:17:57]<br><br>i hereby wager all of my major organs that Bruce Dickinson's debut solo album was entitled "Tattooed Millionaire", and that "Balls To Picasso" was in fact his second solo album.[/quote]<br>didn't know that. both titles still are hilarious.<br>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:54 pm 

yes they are<br>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:56 am 

I'm somewhat of a Maiden fan.  They're amazing musicians and Bruce Dickinson can really hit some stratospheric notes.  If you like metal, Powerslave (the album) is a must have.  My only criticism is that most of their music has the same type of rhythm, which gets old and repetitive.   <br>

They never won't

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:19 am 

[quote author=justHerb link=board=legends;num=1036420579;start=0#7 date=11/06/02 at 11:26:54]Just for the record, the majority of people who post at the Maiden BB tend to be a bit on the "stupid" side. [/quote]<br><br><br> ;D ;D ;D  LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D<br>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:10 am 

Whoa.<br><br>The first forum I ever visited and really got to know (as nerdy as that sounds) was the Iron Maiden BB, back in the good old days, when there weren't so many stupid people (whoever said they're stupid now is 100% correct).<br><br>So I'm saying WHOA because I just registered here 5 minutes ago and this thread was the first one I saw.<br><br>A sign?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:20 am 

Quote:
A sign?
<br><br>I do believe it must be! Welcome!!!  8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:42 pm 

I was a huge Maiden fan back in the earlie to late 80's. Paul Dianno is my favor over Bruce, but loved the work he did w\ IM. Without a dought EDDIE has got to be the coolest fuckin band mascot in the history of rock and roll. Derick Riggs is the shit!!! My opinion everything after SOMEWHERE IN TIME blows.... got to rock opera'ish for me.!!!! SCREAM FOR ME LONGBEACH!!!!    \m/>:(\m/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:55 pm 

[center]Image<br><br>Image[/center]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:26 pm 

I have a Maiden tour program from '83 World Piece Tour - Dave and Steve are standing next each other with t shirts<br>We're not rock musicians on one<br>We're dental floss salesmen from Montana on the other.<br><br><br>Dickinson's newer solo stuff - Accident of Birth, and Chemical Wedding are great releases.  Better than anything Maiden put out after Powerslave.  He has a new release out in May 'Tyranny of Souls’  Should be another good one.<br><br>*edit* The Black Pope got the pic in there.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:19 am 

Maiden rule. I love Maiden, Bruce era best of all...Favourite albums ( despite what others think ) are Somewhere In Time, Powersalve, Seventh Son.... and Piece Of Mind....actually, any classic era Bruce. Dianno albums have their moments, but sometimes dont hit the mark....Was intersted to see these IM boards, but neither link works ........