Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: TIME TRAVEL
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:42 pm 

I lost my avatar. The guy who was annoncing bands on his site decided to stop. So, I lost my spot too. No big deal cause I decided that my band was over.<br><br>Nevertheless, I had to 'shop' to replace it and I didn't know with what. Then I remembered that I always had a crush on anything inspired by time traveling. I found out this one about gears of time rolling by.<br><br>Does some of you feel something special when 'time travel' is mentioned in a book, or in a film ?

Post subject: Re: TIME TRAVEL
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:50 pm 

This is just what we been talkin bout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:52 pm 

This is just what we been talkin bout

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:53 pm 

[move] [glow=red,2,300]JUPITER AND BEYOND THE INFINITE[/glow][/move]<br><br><br><br>[center]2001:  A Space Odyssey[/center]

>You don't.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:58 am 

first up mij - that  "avatar " aint you   - its just not you man - christ, get jimmid or somebody to sort it out or something - the idea of mij as an inside of a clock aint right.<br>second up - why the band had to stop ? we never even got to hear it - <br>come on mij - its an I.T. solution - get it solved man<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:20 pm 

i always dreamed of going back in tme with a modern weapon that would change the course of history - but i was afraid they would execute me for - witchcraft<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:48 pm 

[quote author=mungo link=board=legends;num=1044513758;start=0#7 date=02/07/03 at 17:20:51]i always dreamed of going back in tme with a modern weapon that would change the course of history - but i was afraid they would execute me for - witchcraft<br><br>mungo[/quote]<br><br>They would indeed...they'd say "that Mungo must be praketing richcraft" ::)

>You don't.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:05 pm 

[quote author=Mij link=board=legends;num=1044513758;start=0#0 date=02/05/03 at 22:42:38]I lost my avatar. The guy who was annoncing bands on his site decided to stop. So, I lost my spot too. No big deal cause I decided that my band was over.<br><br>Nevertheless, I had to 'shop' to replace it and I didn't know with what. Then I remembered that I always had a crush on anything inspired by time traveling. I found out this one about gears of time rolling by.<br><br>Does some of you feel something special when 'time travel' is mentioned in a book, or in a film ?[/quote]<br>I mourn for the lost of your avarar.<br>I love things about time travel. <br>I vaguely remember a Star Trek-The Next Generation having an episode about time travel were a few of the crew experienced time changes within the shuttle they were in. From room to room as they passed through space.<br>(No wait, that's MY HOUSE)<br>It was a good one.<br><br>Nice avatar.<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:41 pm 

[quote author=mungo link=board=legends;num=1044513758;start=0#5 date=02/07/03 at 13:58:31]first up mij - that  "avatar " aint you   - its just not you man - christ, get jimmid or somebody to sort it out or something - the idea of mij as an inside of a clock aint right.<br>second up - why the band had to stop ? we never even got to hear it - <br>come on mij - its an I.T. solution - get it solved man<br>mungo[/quote]<br><br>Sure, Mungo, it ain't me ! I was searching for something to replace it. I thought about a nice 'universe' avatar first but ended up thinking about time machine, and I found this one on a time travel site (I have to read it when I get the chance). I always dig films about time traveling !<br><br>The band had to stop because we only get 1 or 2 gigs in a year. It's too long to explain, all the troubles that I get during its course. Let's say that a local promoter did us a lot of bad things. So, we weren't even able to play in our own town. And, I never wanted my band to be clone #4647 of Stevie Ray Vaughan, so the song list included some Jazzy things, and some of my own stuff.<br><br>Musicians being as they are, they agreed to practice my things at 9h45 PM when the pratice was to end at 10PM. So, I get frustrated for not being able to play my own stuff correctly. As much as I like what we were doing, I wanted us to have our own, but the guys felt it was too much work to rehearse something they don't know and which is not 'easy' (3 chords ? I have more than that in the intro alone). And my drummer bummed me when he phoned me saying he didn't want to play some tunes. He had the tape for 10 days and tell me the day before the rehearsal ? And I spent all this time learning lyrics and my own stuff on the guitar. He didn't realise all the work involved in that. It was enough to fight outside sources of the band. Now, I had to fight inside ones ? I asked myself what satisfaction did I get from it. Almost none. So, I split the band. And I'll do my stuff alone at home (on PC) when I get the money.<br><br>Last, excuse my english, what's an I.T. ? For me, it's about Information Technology, but I guess it ain't right ?<br><br>And, this is my 500th post. You can call me LORD BIG DEAL ! <br>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:40 am 

ok mij - it is info tech - i cant even quote posts so i know all bout it. its a pitty regarding the band - all the guys i knew who had em had similar probs , which is the norm i guess. yer need to get your pic into a bit of web space - i dont know but i actually have some with my connection package - i dont know where it is - if you ever come accross mungos web space on your cybertime journetys  - let me know you found it<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:23 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=legends;num=1044513758;start=0#13 date=02/09/03 at 21:26:07]Time travel can be such a bother. Once I went back in time to the age of the dinosaurs, but while I was there I stepped on a butterfly. So when I got back to the present time, I found that I didn't exist.<br><br>So I just went back in time again to a minute before the last time I went back in time. When I appeared the second time (which was really the first time even though it happened after the second time), I just told myself to watch out for the butterfly. But then, because I didn't step on the butterfly the first time, I still existed when I went back to the present; so I didn't go back the second time and tell myself not to step on the butterfly....<br><br>So now, I'm not sure if I exist or not. Ever get that feeling?[/quote]<br>I simply love these things about time travel !!!   ;D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:46 am 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=legends;num=1044513758;start=15#15 date=02/09/03 at 23:50:31]<br>Yeah. People think "Wow: it would be so cool to be a teenager again!" But when you actually do it, it's like:<br>
  • You got zits
  • You're horny ALL THE TIME
  • You live with your parents
  • You work for minimum wage at the fucking pizza parlor
  • And you go to High School
<br>[glow=Yellow,5,300]AAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!![/glow][/quote]<br><br>Despite all our differences and arguing, I must say that the thing I cherish the most from this forum and its members is <br><br>[shadow=blue,left,300]OUR HIGHLY DEVELOPPED SENSE OF HUMOR[/shadow]<br><br>It is sure to kill some blues !        ;D<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:23 am 

"Helooo, MacFly, hellooo...! Anybody Home?"<br><br>Love Time Travel a lot, too!<br>At some times I would go back and kick myself in the ass. And I would definitely got to see FRank a lot more and BTW tell him: man, go see a doctor to check your prostate!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:03 am 

[quote author=zliq link=board=legends;num=1044513758;start=15#17 date=02/13/03 at 06:23:34]"Helooo, MacFly, hellooo...! Anybody Home?"<br><br>Love Time Travel a lot, too!<br>At some times I would go back and kick myself in the ass. And I would definitely got to see FRank a lot more and BTW tell him: man, go see a doctor to check your prostate![/quote]<br><br>Thinking the same thing there, i would have just liked to have seen Frank in concert and not some grainy bootleg video from Winmx.  To follow him from the birth of the mothers through to the Roxy performances would be what I would do.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:02 pm 

I just have to say BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: re: time travel
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:00 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:48 pm 

for me it´d be a roman orgy vs. the garden of eden. before the apple question and without the guy. and without the romans. french fries without the french. hey, what was this ´would you french my fry´thing, i read this in here. whatever. anyways, most romans were gay. next question, please. <br>love, wowie creeping zowie!