On My Leg
Not right
suppose to beg
(repeat)
Take me to the fillin' station
Underwater navigation

Post subject: Re: Best Lyrics Ever?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:43 pm 

I believe there is another great song in the same vein, by David Peel and the Lower East Side.

"Up Against the Wall Mother Fucker"
repeat

"Whose foot is to be the measure to which ours are all to be cut or stretched? Is a priest to be our inquisitor, or shall a layman, simple as ourselves, set up his reason as the rule for what we are to read and what we must believe?" T.J.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:18 pm 

You are no good
You are a fucking asshole
You are a real jerk
You are a miserable creep

Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey

You are full of shit
You are a no-good rotten bum
You are a good-for-nothing scalawag
You bring me damaging disharmony in my life by cussing at me for no reason at all

Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey

You are full of dog shit
You are a stupid mother fucker
You are a low down schmuck
So suck a camel's ass, you mother fucker!

Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
You are no good
You are a real jerk

Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey

You are full of shit
You bring me damaging disharmony in my life by cussing at me for no reason at all

Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey

You are full of dog shit

Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey

Where did that line come from?

Post subject: re: best lyrics ever?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:35 pm 

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall
98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 97 bottles of beer on the wall
97 bottles of beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 96 bottles of beer on the wall
96 bottles of beer on the wall, 96 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 95 bottles of beer on the wall
95 bottles of beer on the wall, 95 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 94 bottles of beer on the wall
94 bottles of beer on the wall, 94 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 93 bottles of beer on the wall
93 bottles of beer on the wall, 93 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 92 bottles of beer on the wall
92 bottles of beer on the wall, 92 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 91 bottles of beer on the wall
91 bottles of beer on the wall, 91 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 90 bottles of beer on the wall
90 bottles of beer on the wall, 90 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 89 bottles of beer on the wall
89 bottles of beer on the wall, 89 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 88 bottles of beer on the wall
88 bottles of beer on the wall, 88 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 87 bottles of beer on the wall
87 bottles of beer on the wall, 87 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 86 bottles of beer on the wall
86 bottles of beer on the wall, 86 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 85 bottles of beer on the wall
85 bottles of beer on the wall, 85 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 84 bottles of beer on the wall
84 bottles of beer on the wall, 84 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 83 bottles of beer on the wall
83 bottles of beer on the wall, 83 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 82 bottles of beer on the wall
82 bottles of beer on the wall, 82 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 81 bottles of beer on the wall
81 bottles of beer on the wall, 81 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 80 bottles of beer on the wall
80 bottles of beer on the wall, 80 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 79 bottles of beer on the wall
79 bottles of beer on the wall, 79 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 78 bottles of beer on the wall
78 bottles of beer on the wall, 78 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 77 bottles of beer on the wall
77 bottles of beer on the wall, 77 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 76 bottles of beer on the wall
76 bottles of beer on the wall, 76 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 75 bottles of beer on the wall
75 bottles of beer on the wall, 75 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 74 bottles of beer on the wall
74 bottles of beer on the wall, 74 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 73 bottles of beer on the wall
73 bottles of beer on the wall, 73 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 72 bottles of beer on the wall
72 bottles of beer on the wall, 72 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 71 bottles of beer on the wall
71 bottles of beer on the wall, 71 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 70 bottles of beer on the wall
70 bottles of beer on the wall, 70 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 69 bottles of beer on the wall
69 bottles of beer on the wall, 69 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 68 bottles of beer on the wall
68 bottles of beer on the wall, 68 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 67 bottles of beer on the wall
67 bottles of beer on the wall, 67 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 66 bottles of beer on the wall
65 bottles of beer on the wall, 65 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 64 bottles of beer on the wall
64 bottles of beer on the wall, 64 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 63 bottles of beer on the wall
63 bottles of beer on the wall, 63 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 62 bottles of beer on the wall
62 bottles of beer on the wall, 62 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 61 bottles of beer on the wall
61 bottles of beer on the wall, 61 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 60 bottles of beer on the wall
60 bottles of beer on the wall, 60 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 59 bottles of beer on the wall
59 bottles of beer on the wall, 59 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 58 bottles of beer on the wall
58 bottles of beer on the wall, 58 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 57 bottles of beer on the wall
57 bottles of beer on the wall, 57 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 56 bottles of beer on the wall
56 bottles of beer on the wall, 56 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 55 bottles of beer on the wall
55 bottles of beer on the wall, 55 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 54 bottles of beer on the wall
54 bottles of beer on the wall, 54 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 53 bottles of beer on the wall
53 bottles of beer on the wall, 53 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 52 bottles of beer on the wall
52 bottles of beer on the wall, 52 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 51 bottles of beer on the wall
51 bottles of beer on the wall, 51 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 50 bottles of beer on the wall
50 bottles of beer on the wall, 50 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 49 bottles of beer on the wall
49 bottles of beer on the wall, 49 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 48 bottles of beer on the wall
48 bottles of beer on the wall, 48 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 47 bottles of beer on the wall
47 bottles of beer on the wall, 47 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 46 bottles of beer on the wall
46 bottles of beer on the wall, 46 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 45 bottles of beer on the wall
45 bottles of beer on the wall, 45 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 44 bottles of beer on the wall
44 bottles of beer on the wall, 44 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 43 bottles of beer on the wall
43 bottles of beer on the wall, 43 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 42 bottles of beer on the wall
42 bottles of beer on the wall, 42 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 41 bottles of beer on the wall
41 bottles of beer on the wall, 41 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 40 bottles of beer on the wall
40 bottles of beer on the wall, 40 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 39 bottles of beer on the wall
39 bottles of beer on the wall, 39 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 38 bottles of beer on the wall
38 bottles of beer on the wall, 38 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 37 bottles of beer on the wall
37 bottles of beer on the wall, 37 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 36 bottles of beer on the wall
36 bottles of beer on the wall, 36 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 35 bottles of beer on the wall
35 bottles of beer on the wall, 35 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 34 bottles of beer on the wall
34 bottles of beer on the wall, 34 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 33 bottles of beer on the wall
32 bottles of beer on the wall, 32 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 31 bottles of beer on the wall
31 bottles of beer on the wall, 31 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 30 bottles of beer on the wall
30 bottles of beer on the wall, 30 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 29 bottles of beer on the wall
29 bottles of beer on the wall, 29 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 28 bottles of beer on the wall
28 bottles of beer on the wall, 28 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 27 bottles of beer on the wall
27 bottles of beer on the wall, 27 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 26 bottles of beer on the wall
26 bottles of beer on the wall, 26 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 25 bottles of beer on the wall
25 bottles of beer on the wall, 25 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 24 bottles of beer on the wall
24 bottles of beer on the wall, 24 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 23 bottles of beer on the wall
22 bottles of beer on the wall, 22 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 21 bottles of beer on the wall
21 bottles of beer on the wall, 21 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 20 bottles of beer on the wall
20 bottles of beer on the wall, 20 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 19 bottles of beer on the wall
19 bottles of beer on the wall, 19 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 18 bottles of beer on the wall
18 bottles of beer on the wall, 18 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 17 bottles of beer on the wall
17 bottles of beer on the wall, 17 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 16 bottles of beer on the wall
16 bottles of beer on the wall, 16 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 15 bottles of beer on the wall
15 bottles of beer on the wall, 15 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 14 bottles of beer on the wall
14 bottles of beer on the wall, 14 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 13 bottles of beer on the wall
12 bottles of beer on the wall, 12 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 11 bottles of beer on the wall
11 bottles of beer on the wall, 11 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 10 bottles of beer on the wall
10 bottles of beer on the wall, 10 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 9 bottles of beer on the wall
9 bottles of beer on the wall, 9 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 8 bottles of beer on the wall
8 bottles of beer on the wall, 8 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 7 bottles of beer on the wall
7 bottles of beer on the wall, 7 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 6 bottles of beer on the wall
6 bottles of beer on the wall, 6 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 5 bottles of beer on the wall
5 bottles of beer on the wall, 5 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 4 bottles of beer on the wall
4 bottles of beer on the wall, 4 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 3 bottles of beer on the wall
3 bottles of beer on the wall, 3 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 2 bottles of beer on the wall
2 bottles of beer on the wall, 2 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 1 bottle of beer on the wall
1 bottle of beer on the wall, 1 bottle of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 0 bottles of beer on the wall
0 bottles of beer on the wall, 0 bottles of beer, go to the store, buy some more, 99 bottles of beer on the wall

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:37 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
You are no good
You are a real jerk

Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey

You are full of shit

Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey

You are full of dog shit

Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey
Kill Whitey

Where did that line come from?

I first heard it on an episode of "The John Larroquette Show" (not all the lyrics, of course) and found myself singing the chorus at odd moments. In answer to your question it is a song by...

Wesley Lawrence Willis (May 31, 1963 – August 21, 2003) was a busker, musician and artist from Chicago. A diagnosed chronic schizophrenic, he gained a sizeable cult following in the 1990s after releasing several hundred songs of simple but unique music, with emphasis on his humorous, bizarre, and frequently obscene lyrics. In addition to his large body of solo musical work, Willis fronted the punk rock band the Wesley Willis Fiasco. He also produced hundreds of unusual colored ink-pen drawings, most of them of Chicagoland and streetscapes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:03 am 

Louie Louie, oh no
We gotta go
Aye-yi-yi-yi
Louie Louie, oh baby
We gotta go

A Fine little girl awaits for me
She's just a trip across the sea
Me sail that all alone
Me never know how I make it home

CHORUS

Three nights and days I sail the sea
I think of girl, 0' constantly
On that ship, I dream she there
I smell that rose hangin' in her hair.

CHORUS

Okay, let's give it to 'em, right now!

GUITAR SOLO

Me see Jamaica, the moon above
It won't be long, me see my little love
I take her in my arms again
I tell her I'll never leave again

CHORUS

Let's take it on outa here now
Let's go!!

(no no no...I don't think these are great lyrics...I'm just giving the people what they want!)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:29 pm 

Padded with power here they come
International loan sharks backed by the guns
Of market hungry military profiteers
Whose word is a swamp and whose brow is smeared
With the blood of the poor

Who rob life of its quality
Who render rage a necessity
By turning countries into labour camps
Modern slavers in drag as champions of freedom

Sinister cynical instrument
Who makes the gun into a sacrament --
The only response to the deification
Of tyranny by so-called "developed" nations'
Idolatry of ideology

North South East West
Kill the best and buy the rest
It's just spend a buck to make a buck
You don't really give a flying fuck
About the people in misery

IMF dirty MF
Takes away everything it can get
Always making certain that there's one thing left
Keep them on the hook with insupportable debt

See the paid-off local bottom feeders
Passing themselves off as leaders
Kiss the ladies shake hands with the fellows
Open for business like a cheap bordello

And they call it democracy

See the loaded eyes of the children too
Trying to make the best of it the way kids do
One day you're going to rise from your habitual feast
To find yourself staring down the throat of the beast
They call the revolution

IMF dirty MF
Takes away everything it can get
Always making certain that there's one thing left
Keep them on the hook with insupportable debt

Call It Democracy
by Bruce Cockburn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:55 pm 

HIKKY BURR

Ooh Lord
Hikky-burr
Hikky-burr burr

Ooh lord
I'll have some smack
Gulp
Ah, ha ha
Yeah
Ooh Lord
Woooh
Ah ha ha
Swallow a lot a stuff
Ha ha
Wooh
Haaa
Wo wo
Go get some, uh, you know em' uh, you get a half a
pound of a small ribs?And a cup full of reazinrizin
And a throw em' on the ground and roll em' up
And then ya get some radish

Eat em' up
All around your face

Hikky-burr

Hikky hikky-burr, burr
Ooh lord

I tell you
You get some uh, have you ever had any rozinrizin.
That's good, rozinrizin

And uh get a bottle of spalsi
And you in there
Look and yourself and say

Ooh lord

Hikky-burr, hikky-burr, hikky-burr, hikky-burr, hikky-burr, hikky-burr burr

Ooh Lord
Ah ha ha
Wooh Let me tell you
Wooh
Yeah I know

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:49 am 

JENNIFER JONES Wild Man Fisher

Miss Jennifer Jones is lying dead on my porch, doont doo-doo doo-ooon!

Miss Jennifer Jones!

The story of this song starts out in Nebraska. I had a farm, a cow, a penguin and a Negro slave.

Miss Jennifer Jones!

The very next day a kid around three foot five came around my house - started throwin' avocados at my cow! carrots at my penguin! he threw a rotten tomato at my penguin! it was terrible so I killed him. Blood was coming out of his nose, it was coming out of everywhere, oh it was terrible!!

Ah Miss Jennifer Jones!

So the very next day the grandfather came, the grandmother came, the grandchildren came - oh they tried to kill me so I started shootin' 'em - kssh kssh kssh kssh! Oh, they were just lying dead all over the place! So I told my slave to put 'em in the garage.

Ah Miss Jennifer Jones!
[coughs] (Excuse me) Doont doo-doo doo-ooon...
Ah Miss Jennifer Jones!

Oh it was becoming a terrible thing, the sheriff was coming around and all his deputies... I was killing everybody! Oh my garage, it looked like Hitler's Nazi camp, it was terrible!! I killed everybody in the territory!!

Ah Miss Jennifer Jones!

So let's get to the other half of this story... We talk about Jennifer Jones. (Doont doo-doo doo-ooon...) She lived in Massachusetts... (Doont doo-doo doo-ooon...) And she, uh, she used to be, uh, a small-time hooker, she only charged like, uh, twenty-five dollars a throw - SO ONE DAY SOMEBODY WOULDN'T PAY HER! SO SHE KILLED HIM!! Oh, it was all bad, blood comin' out of everywhere... she had to run from the scene!

Ah Miss Jennifer Jones! Doont doo-doo doo -

Everybodyandtheycameafterhershekilled - oh, she just hated men! She went, oh she'd go to bars and she'd look in the bars and she'd go, "Me-en!!"... and she'd start shootin' 'em - kssh kssh kssh kssh! Ears would fall off - oh it was terrible! SHE WAS THE MOST WANTED WOMAN IN MASSACHUSETTS!!!

Ah Miss Jennifer Jones!

So Miss Jennifer Jones bein' so wanted an' everything started comin' t'wards MY way! (Doont doo-doo doo-ooon...) Coming closer! (Doont doo-doo doo-ooon...) And closer, heh heh! (Doont doo-doo doo) Finally she got around to my territory - she went around, she went lookin' for people - SHE COULDN'T FIND NOBODY!! "Where is everybody, ooh this is terrible!"

Ah Miss Jennifer Jones!

So finally she kept looking and looking and looking - she finally got to my house and she said, "How come there's nobody around here?" So I told her, I said, "Go look in my garage!" So she went over to my garage and she goes, "Oh... ohhh!!..." And she came back to me and she said "Who killed all those people in your garage, did y'ever see it?!!" "It's my garage, I've seen it."

Ah Miss Jennifer Jones!

So she got all uptight an' screamed an' everythin' an' she said, "You're mean! You're a terrible person!! I'm gonna KILL YOU!!!" KSSSH!! ...and there she was - dead on my porch!!!

I say Jennifer Jones! Doont doo-doo doo-ooon...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:19 pm 

stride wrote:
HIKKY BURR

Ooh Lord
Hikky-burr
Hikky-burr burr

Ooh lord
I'll have some smack
Gulp
Ah, ha ha
Yeah
Ooh Lord
Woooh
Ah ha ha
Swallow a lot a stuff
Ha ha
Wooh
Haaa
Wo wo
Go get some, uh, you know em' uh, you get a half a
pound of a small ribs?And a cup full of reazinrizin
And a throw em' on the ground and roll em' up
And then ya get some radish

Eat em' up
All around your face

Hikky-burr

Hikky hikky-burr, burr
Ooh lord

I tell you
You get some uh, have you ever had any rozinrizin.
That's good, rozinrizin

And uh get a bottle of spalsi
And you in there
Look and yourself and say

Ooh lord

Hikky-burr, hikky-burr, hikky-burr, hikky-burr, hikky-burr, hikky-burr burr

Ooh Lord
Ah ha ha
Wooh Let me tell you
Wooh
Yeah I know

Is there anything Bill Cosby can't do?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:33 pm 

Since this thread is just kidding, I would like to nominate:

Fuck yourself with a rubber hose
Stick it in your mouth and down your throat
Up your nose and in your heinie hole
I don't care where it goes
And it don't matter if you're straight or gay
You should fuck yourself anyway
Now, you don't have to listen to a word I say
But I know you, you'll be humpin' away
Fuck yourself with your neighbor's nose
If you can't use that, use a 10-foot pole
Stick it up your ass and go for a stroll
Everyone will know you've been to this show

If you can't take, eat my stool
Masturbate with some crazy glue
I don't care what you do
Fock yourself with a garden tool
Fuck yourself with politics
Ahh they're full of fuckin' fuckin' shit
I mean you know we've been lied to ever since we were born
It's amazing that we've been getting fucked that
long
Fuck yourself with the world wide web
Man you could ride that sucker right from your bed
You may even meet a Tom, Dick, Jane or Billy
Then grab onto your modem and fuck yourself silly

Fuck yourself with your heart and soul
Give it everything you got, hey I'm talkin' to you
If you can't even fuck yourself,
How ya gonna fuck somebody else?
Fuck yourself with my microphone
I'll give it to you later when we're all alone
We can turn it up loud
And see if you come, but
Don't get your jizz on my microphone
Fuck yourself with organized religion
Now that is some seriously sinnin' business
If the Lord sees their pathetic crimes
He'll be fuckin' them 'til the end of time

And can someone explain to me this racist crap
I know it isn't white, but it isn't black
And to all you people who only see things your way
Well, you can suck my dick and take all day
Fuck your nose with a pound of blow
Watch your money get up and go
but when you burnt your brain and you say
I don't know!
I hate to tell you but I told you so
Fuck yourself with this grunge rock noise
I mean, stuff those albums in your groin
They come down on me because I know how to play -
Hey... fuck you!
Fuck yourself with a copy of Rolling Stone
Or are they too holy for your holiest of holes
Now those people think they're holier than Moses
But aren't they just a bunch of fuckin' posers
Fuck yourself with your mother's jewelry
I won't tell, I ain't a stooly
If you pounce hard enough you'll cough up a ruby
Your blood will be rich and so will your doodie
Fuck yourself with the latest fashion
With your spikes and your hair and those cute
little buttons
And if you happen to have some leather and lace
Fuck yourself 'til you're blue in the face
Fuck yourself with your income tax
They're fucking you and that's a fact
Before you know it your money's all spent
And you've just been fucked by the government
Fuck yourself with your lawyer friend
You're the only one that's getting fucked in the end
I have been so fucked by legal bills
that my asshole is the size of Beverly Hills
Fuck yourself with your full-length sweater
With your minks and your diamonds and your Irish Setter
With your cash and your trash and your sinks and your drinks
Just fuck yourself 'til you can't even think

Those of you who enjoy this song
thank you thank you, I love you
Let's get it on
But for those of you who are totally outraged
Fuck yourself with your face

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:19 pm 

Is this from skipper Franken-Steering? wasn't aware he got so many problems with legal bills, did you? Hey, dunno why, but one can find this awfully awesome songtext with just
copy, paste and no more waste. May i add and now vamped some charming chorus?

Over seven bridges one has to traverse,
weather phroo these 7everal sombre yearows,
7everely knowing no nuffin, in all of your seven lives before,
though one time you will be the very bright light.

A Hindoo Nursery Rhyme i'd say. .. the Great High Wheel comes slowly but sure off the coach and four.

Fancy a swig at the Prancing Pony? ..just thought of asking a silly question. To be the lord of the beehive or to behave...
..like an english gentleman at the tube-station waiting for the rain to stop. ... i sincerely hope the next train is an U-Boat on times. Next live we better become fish .and a ship along wiv.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:01 am 

Pink Floyd -- "Animals"

Dogs (RogerWaters, David Gilmour) 17:06

You gotta be crazy, you gotta have a real need.
You gotta sleep on your toes, and when you're on the street,
You gotta be able to pick out the easy meat with your eyes closed.
And then moving in silently, down wind and out of sight,
You gotta strike when the moment is right without thinking.

And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.

You gotta keep one eye looking over your shoulder.
You know it's going to get harder, and harder, and harder as you
get older.
And in the end you'll pack up and fly down south,
Hide your head in the sand,
Just another sad old man,
All alone and dying of cancer.

And when you lose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown.
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone.
And it's too late to lose the weight you used to need to throw
around.
So have a good drown, as you go down, all alone,
Dragged down by the stone.

I gotta admit that I'm a little bit confused.
Sometimes it seems to me as if I'm just being used.
Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise.
If I don't stand my own ground, how can I find my way out of this
maze?

Deaf, dumb, and blind, you just keep on pretending
That everyone's expendable and no-one has a real friend.
And it seems to you the thing to do would be to isolate the winner
And everything's done under the sun,
And you believe at heart everyone's a killer.

Who was born in a house full of pain?
Who was trained not to spit in the fan?
Who was told what to do by the man?
Who was broken by trained personnel?
Who was fitted with collar and chain?
Who was given a pat on the back?
Who was breaking away from the pack?
Who was only a stranger at home?
Who was ground down in the end?
Who was found dead on the phone?
Who was dragged down by the stone?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is Roger Waters in his Floyd years at one of his most lyrical high points.

--Batchain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:00 am 

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily merrily merrily
Life is but a dream

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:10 am 

We're having horse manure
We found it in the sewer
Horse manure is fun to eat
You'll puke your guts all over the street
Hooray, for horse manure!

--Batchain :mrgreen:

P.S. Figgers, eh? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:58 pm 

hendrix vs frank very hard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:41 pm 

OH WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT
NO, WE AIN'T GONNA TAKE IT
OH WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE

WE'VE GOT THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE AND
THERE AIN'T NO WAY WE'LL LOSE IT
THIS IS OUR LIFE, THIS IS OUR SONG
WE'LL FIGHT THE POWERS THAT BE JUST
DON'T PICK OUR DESTINY 'CAUSE
YOU DON'T KNOW US, YOU DON'T BELONG

OH YOU'RE SO CONDESCENDING
YOUR GALL IS NEVER ENDING
WE DON'T WANT NOTHIN', NOT A THING FROM YOU
YOUR LIFE IS TRITE AND JADED
BORING AND CONFISCATED
IF THAT'S YOUR BEST, YOUR BEST WON'T DO

OH.....................
OH.....................
WE'RE RIGHT/YEAH
WE'RE FREE/YEAH
WE'LL FIGHT/YEAH
YOU'LL SEE/YEAH

NO WAY!

OH.....................
OH.....................
WE'RE RIGHT/YEAH
WE'RE FREE/YEAH
WE'LL FIGHT/YEAH
YOU'LL SEE/YEAH

WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT
WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE

WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT, NO!

JUST YOU TRY AND MAKE US
WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT
COME ON
YOU'RE ALL WORTHLESS AND WEAK
NOW DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY
WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT
A PLEDGE PIN
OH YOU ON YOUR UNIFORM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:55 pm 

La Cucaracha, La Cucaracha
Ya no puede caminar
Porque no tiene, porque la falta
Marijuana que fumar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:21 am 

In reference to the above Wesley Willis lyrics...

I used to know Wesley a bit. He was a great person. I won't go into his mental troubles, but as a guy I knew from working in the same studio that he often recorded in, he was a blast. I have several discs that I bought directly from him, and seriously no haggling allowed! But, I'd see him at shows and parties and everyone always loved hanging out with Wesley.
Anyway, I was riding the Halsted bus one night and Wesley gets on the bus. I say hello and we start talking, and Wesley does NOT talk quietly, which is how he always talks/yells. So, he says to me, "I wrote a new song! Its called 'Kill Whitey'!". At the front of the bus is about 6 tiny Polish old ladies and they all turn and their eyes are WIDE OPEN. They were very scared that this giant black guy who just wrote a song called 'Kill Whitey' is gonna do something. He didn't of course, cuz he was a gentle guy when it came down to it. Gentle as someone can be who regularly told quiet-loving bus drivers to suck a camel's ass. :)
R.I.P. Wesley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:51 am 

T. Rex - Ride A White Swan

(note: currently running in ourSpace-Player; hear "wear a spiritual hat")

Ride it on out like a bird in the sky ways
Ride it on out like you were a bird
Fly it all out like an eagle in a sunbeam
Ride it on out like you were a bird

Wear a tall hat like a druid in the old days
Wear a tall hat and a tatooed gown
Ride a white swan like the people of the Beltane
Wear your hair long, babe you can't go wrong

Catch a bright star and a place it on your fore-head
Say a few spells and baby, there you go
Take a black cat and sit it on your shoulder
And in the morning you'll know all you know, oh

Wear a tall hat like a druid in the old days
Wear a tall hat and a tatooed gown
Ride a white swan like the people of the Beltane
Wear your hair long, babe you can't go wrong

Da-da-da-di-di-da, da-da-da-di-di-da ....

See You tomorrow :wink: , do-eeh.

Encore some more: UFO - Prince Kajuku (who are the geezers adding their com'e't?)

Apostroph, here's a warning for all the other nice neighbours:
Amplifier - UFOs

What is one to say? me is a burning little blue flame, a-phiewming. Have a dreamendous day and i'll catch ya whensday.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:09 pm 

Sabretoophairy wrote:
T. Rex - Ride A White Swan
yeah. great song.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:29 pm 

"Peter, Paul, and Mary" - Butterscott

(this is the only song I have by Butterscott; I don't know anything else about the band)

ba ba ba ba...
I make love to Satan, each and every day
I have sex with 12-year-olds and sell them all cocaine
I strangle baby kittens, every chance I get
I fondle Hitler's picture till my pants are soaking wet

ba ba ba ba...
I drink the blood of virgins, and tie them up with chains
and just for fun I think I'll drink my dog's just for a change
All my friends and neighbors, wonder what I'm on
when I burn a 10-foot wooden cross upon my lawn

ba ba ba ba...
You useless fucking bastards, you horny little whores
Follow me and worship me and call me overlord
Smother me with butter, eat me in my den
Beat me with a 2x4 and beat me once again

ba ba ba ba...
The end

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:35 pm 

With this song no-one will be lured from behind the oven, i daresay. (several reasons, think of it. 1. they are too afraid; 2. will not know about it; 3. do not really care; 4. do not understand; 5. are even worse; et?C!) I find that Amplifier approach more drastic: ... a Ufo will destroy us all, o-oh. Yo, lol.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:53 am 

Six foot two and rude as hell
I gotta get him in the ground before he starts to smell