Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 178  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:20 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
The US an UK media liked to brand Chávez as a dictator, but he was three times democratically elected...

US once backed/funded what would become Al Qaeda...

Did anyone care to watch, South of the Border (i did, yesterday, plese do it):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vBlV5TUI64

Saddam was elected more times than that. you cannot be serious

You really can't be serious comparing Saddam with Chávez. In his first election he didn't have the machine and won fair and square by the will of the absolute majority, that is called Democracy. Read the historical facts. What did he do to be so demonized by US media besides putting up against the US geopolitical ambitions?

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I'll miss Alvin Lee.I went to The Fillmore west in '70-'71 and was lucky to see Ten Years After about the time Goin' Home was playing on the FM channels alot.Buddy Rich was on before them and I dug Buddy in a different way,anyway when BR's set was over he said "Thanks you guys are great! Now I'll get outta your way for Ten Year Later!" Funny guy and Alvin was in top form.Exellent show! I've seen Alvin since but that first time really stuck out.Everyone was great that night.Bummer man. :cry:

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Well that was a mixed bag, but I agree and think we the us should help in venezuela if they want ,we buy plenty of oil from them, but sadly it looks like more dictatorship, you can not possibly endorse FARC. also lets let this thread stay with, just died, I 'm jammin some cricklewood green

Mr.G_G_ let's stay outta this thread,start our own leftist guerilla thread maybe? The Simon Bolivar thread! Viva la independence.I feel ya brother.Freedom/equality scares the shit outta the 1%. :wink:

Colonial imperialism has just died! (I wish)...

edyrukidng wrote:
NOW BACK TO THE ORIGINAL THREAD,,

Alvin Lee,, Ten Years After,,

Another great Italian? Bummer...

30% of the venezuelan population lives on 2 dollars a day, just Waite and see who is "elected" my guess is his vp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:15 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
30% of the venezuelan population lives on 2 dollars a day, just Waite and see who is "elected" my guess is his vp

...and what was the % before Hugo Chavez said no to our money/oil men? Much to the US's chagrin,life was getting better for the masses,not worse.So if he made his people happy,I suppose they would vote for who he wanted elected.The wealth was shared more than it's ever been shared before.The US didn't get any.We backed a coup against him,villafied(?) him in our media.Remember the oil crises of the '70's? The money pre-Chavez went to Miami.Not even a Reagan trickle down effect.He fucked the Koch brothers on they're pipeline and was almost was killed for just saying no to them.
As far as FARC goes,the US and the Columbians we supported pushed them back into Venezuela where there was no one to fight anymore.Go to Columbia.It's what the US would be like if these Tea Partyers were in control.An armed military man on every corner,just to feel safe! I'd rather be free in an open Venezuela than feeling trapped in Columbia with guns staring at me on every corner.
Coke ain't coming from Venazuala,it's still Columbia.We use they're product and point fingers,then kill people for supplying it to us.Ain't the war on Drugs wonderful? Stop the demand and leave the S.American/Afghan people out of it.Legalize all drugs,like they used to be.You know when our army was testing LSD on unsuspecting US soldiers.Remember or read about that?.Regulate drugs? Can't be done with a higher demand than supply,the US will always come up with what's exceptable and whats not.Guess who decides that.People like the Koch brothers,thats who.

Sorry about the wrong thread guys. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:26 pm 

Image > http://www.stompintom.com/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:13 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

...and what was the % before Hugo Chavez said no to our money/oil men? Much to the US's chagrin,life was getting better for the masses,not worse.So if he made his people happy,I suppose they would vote for who he wanted elected.The wealth was shared more than it's ever been shared before.The US didn't get any.We backed a coup against him,villafied(?) him in our media.Remember the oil crises of the '70's? The money pre-Chavez went to Miami.Not even a Reagan trickle down effect.He fucked the Koch brothers on they're pipeline and was almost was killed for just saying no to them.
As far as FARC goes,the US and the Columbians we supported pushed them back into Venezuela where there was no one to fight anymore.Go to Columbia.It's what the US would be like if these Tea Partyers were in control.An armed military man on every corner,just to feel safe! I'd rather be free in an open Venezuela than feeling trapped in Columbia with guns staring at me on every corner.
Coke ain't coming from Venazuala,it's still Columbia.We use they're product and point fingers,then kill people for supplying it to us.Ain't the war on Drugs wonderful? Stop the demand and leave the S.American/Afghan people out of it.Legalize all drugs,like they used to be.You know when our army was testing LSD on unsuspecting US soldiers.Remember or read about that?.Regulate drugs? Can't be done with a higher demand than supply,the US will always come up with what's exceptable and whats not.Guess who decides that.People like the Koch brothers,thats who.

Hey if you like a dictatorship move to venezuela, knock your self out but take it of the thread.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:52 am 

To commemorate the passing of Hugo Chavez, I have had his initials engraved on the taps at my house.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:10 am 

what kind of taps?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:43 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
what kind of taps?

Hot and Cold water taps.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:53 am 

just plain doug wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
what kind of taps?

Hot and Cold water taps.

You didn't see that coming and you believe the media hype too! I thought you were a smart cookie BS.
The US villafies every foriegn leader,if they don't play ball with the US.It's Them or US.No inbetween.
Don't rip me and say take it to another thread,unless you always have to have the last word.
I love you man! We differ on this supject,that's all.Viva la Frank Zappa!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:57 am 

wow just the opposite, you just keep the hippie mantra free drugs free money free everything going in your life, noe go dream up another story like the lydia pense horse hocky.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:40 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
wow just the opposite, you just keep the hippie mantra free drugs free money free everything going in your life, noe go dream up another story like the lydia pense horse hocky.

You don't believe I gave Lydia Pence a kiss on her birthday.I was there,I don't care if it's believable or not.Merely stateing a fact.The fact that I remember my tail bone hurting like crap for weeks.It was a very painful kiss in the long run.I'm not trying to pick a fight BS,but can't I at least believe in something you don't without being labeled anything? Aren't we all ZappaFreaks first? I have always gone out and had fun when there were all these great groups playing around the SF bay area.Wouldn't you? Guess not.I'm not responcible for the hippies nor do I consider myself one.I did grow up in a more tolerent time and place..Sorry you don't have any tales to tell.You must be the cautious kind.Never the first to jump in.You should never smoke in pojamas.......

I met FZ too.Do you want to come over and see his autograph or is that a story too! Check out the thread Kapt.Kirk Stars at Chico show,not started by me but by people who know me and some that saw me and they were there too.All hippie druggie free lunch liars? I like to have good clean fun.So?
I don't think Chavez was as bad as the US say's he is.I'll always question authority.So you try and discredit me! They trained you well I see.
Now let me go light some incence,do some yoga and get all this negativity outta me.Ommmm.
Fuck that,I'll put on some FZ!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:16 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Hey if you like a dictatorship move to venezuela, knock your self out but take it of the thread.

You don't know what a dictatorship really means, with people getting kidnapped, tortured, shot and being throw out of planes in high seas... That is not what the social climate in Venezuela is about.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:45 pm 

Kidnapped yes, I do know what a dictatorship is for christ sake. Lets just say life in the USA is freedom , Venezuela? not so much.

Post subject: Re: alvin lee just died
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 pm 

edyrukidng wrote:
Alvin Lee - Ten Years After

rest in peace.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:05 pm 

DC5 bassist Rick Huxley and Tony Sheridan lead singer that had The BeaTes as his back-up group in Hamburg.He sang "I'll Cry For A Shadow" a Lennon-Harrison composition.Pre-Ringo.
EDIT "Cry For A Shadow" is an instrumental.So he wouldn't have sung on it.

Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:10 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Thanks Kapt.kirk. Bravo, the only Central or South American government the US likes is one it can control. During my entire life, the US policy in the rest of the Americas south of us has been murder by proxy (see Allende, Salvador, 1972) or military adventure by proxy (see, North, Oliver funded by Coors, Adolph).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:50 pm 

tweezers wrote:
Thanks Kapt.kirk. Bravo, the only Central or South American government the US likes is one it can control. During my entire life, the US policy in the rest of the Americas south of us has been murder by proxy (see Allende, Salvador, 1972) or military adventure by proxy (see, North, Oliver funded by Coors, Adolph).

If people would just read our history books and compare them to the S,American history books they could see that not everyone has to have the latest in everything,a mall a vote and a gun.We're marketing ourselves outta believing people can be different.It's the old knee jerk reaction if you question American policy then you don't like the US and you get that "why don't you move there then!?" crap. No one even remembers the Contras or Daniel Ortega,a US university graduate,who was freely elected in El Salvador.We tried to vilify him too! Any S.American freely elected official that doesn't kowtow to the US becomes CIA propaganda fodder.
Your right on target Tweeze.Don't lose sight of the prize.Freedom/equality for all!
Wow,that sounds like something a man from Utopia would say. Ha! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:27 am 

Peter Banks, former YES-guitarist.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 am 

Shit!

R.I.P - Astral Traveller

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:39 pm 

Looks like the guitar player for the stooges died

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:42 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Shit!

R.I.P - Astral Traveller

Agreed....interestingly, I went to Yes's FB page, as well as their web page and they had nothing about this at all. Then I posted an RIP. A short while later, "Yes" announced it....it's almost (unbelievably) like they heard it from me....since it actually happened a couple of days ago.

Post subject: Re: alvin lee just died
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:41 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
edyrukidng wrote:
Alvin Lee - Ten Years After

rest in peace.

Wow rip Alvin Lee Way way back in the dusty days of the cassette, I hammered Recorded Live into the walkman...remember the walkman...It was in there full time for a couple of years........several years ago the CD's were rereleased, I replicated my record collection and got em all and fell in love all over again....I love that raw stuff....It was Rory Gallagher and Alvin Lee that drowned out the Beatles and ripped my ears open at an early age....FZ ripped my mind open... Rock In Perpetuity "lads"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:01 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

How'd you hear? Any details? Was he ill? Drowning? Skin cancer? Yeti attack?

Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:10 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Neglect?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:14 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Iggy hit him up side the head with an ashtray made out of a piston taken from an old british motorcycle once owned by Steve McQueen?

The same ashtray can be heard being bashed rhythmically by Iggy on David Bowies track Heros, from the album of the same name. Mr. Pop stole the ashtray from the German recording studio not knowing it would be used as a weapon several decades later, when an angry Lou Reed hospitilised a pet cat at the Savoy with it.

Last edited by Gray_Ghost on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:50 pm 

They're dropping like dead rock stars. :shock:

....and Keith Richards keeps on tickin' and TICKIN' and tickin,and ticken'. :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 178  Next