Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 171  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:17 am 

Yeah, apparently a nasty flesh eating virus... One morbid thinking that occurs to me is the likeness of his passing to their imagery and themes in the band...

I wonder what would Zappa say about the case of three young teen retards (no offence meant to mentally impaired persons of a more clinical nature) that drugged and cruelly killed a girl. Don't know the details but the girl's family sued Slayer (which was dismissed by the judge).

Even though I hate to kill animals for no reason, I killed a dangerous and big species of spider here in the premises the other day...

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:24 am 

What sort of spider is that and what does it take to kill them?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:38 am 

Yeah! Give us all the gory details!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:26 am 

Phoneutria sp.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_wandering_spider

In my case, all it took was a sweep handle and the unfortunate (for her) position which she put herself (right on the corner). This spider is popularly known as the "jumper", since it prepares itself on a characteristic attack position and is know to perform long jumps towards its target:

It was not threatened or threatening me at the moment, but since it could go unnoticed, it could have caused a serious accident. Its poison is not a toy at all:

On a good note its venon (the most powerful spider venon known) has a component many times stronger than v-i-a-g-a-r-a (anti spam spelling). Some men bitten suffer from prolonged erection!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:41 am 

The last sentence was almost too gory :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:55 am 

Apparently until their penis splits open... :!:

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:44 pm 

According to that Wiki page, such erections can last hours, are extremely painful and can lead to impotence. Not worth having a go.
In 2008 they found one of those in the north of The Netherlands, among the bananas in the supermarket. The critter was locked in a jar and sat on the counter for a day, then it was picked up by vets.
Who drowned him. I feel kinda bad for him.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:43 pm 

...anyway, that was not the spider who bit Hanneman. Apparently only the black widow happens in California:
http://nature.berkeley.edu/~callobius/cbcstuff/common_spiders/big_spi_quilt.html

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:09 pm 

schvanzbass wrote:
Jeff Hanneman....dead
Ronnie James Dio....dead
Peter Steele....dead
Brett Michaels...gets off with cancer.

WHAT THE FUCK.

DeeDee Ramone....dead
Joey Ramone....dead
Johnny Ramone....dead
Marky Ramone....hanging out with Micky Dolenz

WHAT THE FUCK?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:39 pm 

Even Mike Nesmith likes the Monkees now. Either that or he went broke. He is touring with the surviving members near here. All 3 of them together again. :shock: :lol:

I pity the poor Black Widow fool that comes across any S. American Jumper. (Wondering Brazilian Spider)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:31 pm 

Mickey Dolenz is the long lost brother of Terry Gilliam.

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:05 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
...anyway, that was not the spider who bit Hanneman. Apparently only the black widow happens in California:
http://nature.berkeley.edu/~callobius/cbcstuff/common_spiders/big_spi_quilt.html

Black widows are very common here, but we also have the kiss of death called the Brown Recluse, sometimes people don't know they were bit until its to late... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:52 pm 

Plook wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

Black widows are very common here, but we also have the kiss of death called the Brown Recluse, sometimes people don't know they were bit until its to late... :smoke:

The Brown Recluse, sounds just like a girl I once knew, though I did feel her bite on more than one occasion and still have the scars...

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:48 pm 

So you subsequently lasered her?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:00 am 

Caputh wrote:

hahaha no no, she was actually a very beautiful girl (a little out of my league) but her sudden mood swings could be frightening. She had a habit of throwing what ever was at hand in my general direction, cups, plates, saucepans, pot plants, on one occasion a 25 pound brass sitting buddha statue...When she was good she was very very good, but when she was bad she was accurate, hahaha kept me on my toes for about three years before we parted company...She was under the impression that if I was not within her line of sight, I was having an affair!!! which was completely untrue. A couple of years later we bumped into each other at a party, and much to my surprise the lady in question had developed a fondness for another lady, who was a mutual friend, I wished them both well and, as I took cover behind the sofa, asked If I, just for old times sake, could join in or even just watch. Luckily for me they both got the joke and didn't throw me through the window.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:52 am 

Now there's a cheerful little story. Beats the hell out of another death.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:18 am 

Plook wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

My favorite Black Widow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEmALYV72sc

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:10 am 

duchamp wrote:
Plook wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

My favorite Black Widow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEmALYV72sc

Excellent

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:30 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
Caputh wrote:

hahaha no no, she was actually a very beautiful girl (a little out of my league) but her sudden mood swings could be frightening. She had a habit of throwing what ever was at hand in my general direction, cups, plates, saucepans, pot plants, on one occasion a 25 pound brass sitting buddha statue...When she was good she was very very good, but when she was bad she was accurate, hahaha kept me on my toes for about three years before we parted company...She was under the impression that if I was not within her line of sight, I was having an affair!!! which was completely untrue. A couple of years later we bumped into each other at a party, and much to my surprise the lady in question had developed a fondness for another lady, who was a mutual friend, I wished them both well and, as I took cover behind the sofa, asked If I, just for old times sake, could join in or even just watch. Luckily for me they both got the joke and didn't throw me through the window.

Dollars to donuts and all joking aside, you would of joined in if asked? Nez pa'? :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:53 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
Caputh wrote:

Dollars to donuts and all joking aside, you would of joined in if asked? Nez pa'? :wink:

I'm broad minded (I've got broads on my mind) so that would be a yes!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:03 am 

Ray Harryhausen, Master Of Stop-Motion Animation

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:14 am 

His tricks weren't cheap and there never were visible nylon strings attached to the jaw of a giant spider...
He was such a legend, i didn't even know that he was still alive until i read the sad news this morning.
RIP

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:05 am 

Steve Martland (53), British composer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX2HH8xiXY4

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:11 pm 

^^
Some Zappaesque rhythms there... Another composer to depart early, RIP...

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:01 pm 

Dean Jeffries, who created some of the most fun and wild custom cars of the last half century, has died. He was 80.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 171  Next