Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 181  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:47 am
Posts: 3361
Location: Netherlands
.. meh, never mind...

_________________
"When you hear music, after it's over, it's gone in the air. You can never capture it again." -- Eric Dolphy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:42 am
Posts: 494
Location: columbus, indiana
it's the anniversary of jim morrison's death, Jul 3, 1971 :cry:

_________________
My new purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:35 am
Posts: 2378
Location: Ipswich UK
Studebaker wrote:
.. meh, never mind...


Just noticed your sig Stude, quality. Last Date is a wonderful record....I used that quote on the first album I recorded. Im guessing its the only quasi-Black Metal record with a Dolhpy quote on the liner notes.......!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:57 am
Posts: 862
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Ann Coulter bugs the Hell out of me! (period)

However! Why is there such a double standard...I mean, all obnoxiously partisan people bug the Hell out of me....Why are Liberals like y'all not bothered by the likes of Nancy Pulosi?

Ann Coulter and Nancy Pulosi are the exact same person...just polar oppposites on the politcial spectrum.

Me: Ann Coulter and Nancy Pulosi are partisan hacks. I don't like either of them.

Many of you: Ann Coulter is Satan, Nancy Pulosi speaks for me.

No, both are obnoxious partisan hacks.

blah, blah, blah....BizarroHesh....blah, blah blah....

BatchainPartIV wrote:
Ann Coulter is just one more hideously ugly reminder that we all should have cared when the US began to develop the intellectual and educational vacuum years ago when triviality and insignificance were elevated in social stature by both so-called "liberals" and "conservatives", each of which was freely and busily engaged in borrowing and swapping the worst and stupidest ideas from either until we were left with the loss of any truly intelligent thinkers. That gap was filled in by charlatans and posers who sold themselves via emotionalism and visceral, gut-level appeal which has always been the easiest and most effective means to gaining credibility in any society.

The most decisive moments were in the mid-1960s for "liberalism" and about ten years later for "conservatives" once their was a re-ignited craving for nationalism and blind jingoism. It could not have been coincidence that the rise of religious fanaticism and fundementalism occurred at the same time and was co-opted by the new conservatives who knew that was a sure road to power. It was by that time that the new liberals had so little to offer that they adopted a pseudo-humanism that didn't amount to much more than a dogmatic, very illiberal crowning touch of Political Correctness that so many mistook for some bizarre form of "enlightenment" -- certainly nothing at all like what it was mistaken for, but it had no lack of broad appeal.
So what are we left with today? Ann Coulter and those of her ilk are one small piece of the mess and Hillary Clinton and her kindred are another small piece of it.
Why should anyone care about either? No one should be forced into such a choice but they typify what remains: two sides of a very bad penny.
We can all scream and squawk about which is the right one but we were brought to a state of Global Corporatism by the "modern conservatives" and "modern liberals" and we're all up for sale, courtesy of "neo-cons" and "neo-libs who sold us out to the highest bidders.
Ann Coulter disgusts but also sells. Who cares? She's a fad and her obnoxiousness will sell to both those who find her putrid and those who find her a delight but the primary significance regarding her is that she sells.
Could anyone have sold her to nation that didn't have such an intellectual vacuum? It's safe to hazard a guess and answer, "No."

--Batchain

_________________
You have just destroyed one model XQJ-37 nuclear powered pansexual roto-plooker....and you're gonna have to pay for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:57 am
Posts: 862
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
jimmyzen wrote:
it's the anniversary of jim morrison's death, Jul 3, 1971 :cry:


Great, when you wake up this morning, have yerself a beer! :D

_________________
You have just destroyed one model XQJ-37 nuclear powered pansexual roto-plooker....and you're gonna have to pay for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:42 am
Posts: 494
Location: columbus, indiana
BizarroHesh wrote:
jimmyzen wrote:
it's the anniversary of jim morrison's death, Jul 3, 1971 :cry:


Great, when you wake up this morning, have yerself a beer! :D



would having one a few hours before my 5 AM bedtime suffice? i don't see many mornings, working for a living evenings and all that. it's been decades since the morning light still found me consuming vast quantities. afraid it'd just give me heartburn these days. but, all is not lost! seeing as my job (and about 600 others) is being outsourced to China and/or Mexico sometime during the next 18 months you could also add the future's uncertain and the end is always near with more than a touch of irony. 8)

_________________
My new purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:42 am
Posts: 494
Location: columbus, indiana
BatchainPartIV wrote:
Ann Coulter is just one more hideously ugly reminder that we all should have cared when the US began to develop the intellectual and educational vacuum years ago when triviality and insignificance were elevated in social stature by both so-called "liberals" and "conservatives", each of which was freely and busily engaged in borrowing and swapping the worst and stupidest ideas from either until we were left with the loss of any truly intelligent thinkers. That gap was filled in by charlatans and posers who sold themselves via emotionalism and visceral, gut-level appeal which has always been the easiest and most effective means to gaining credibility in any society.

The most decisive moments were in the mid-1960s for "liberalism" and about ten years later for "conservatives" once their was a re-ignited craving for nationalism and blind jingoism. It could not have been coincidence that the rise of religious fanaticism and fundementalism occurred at the same time and was co-opted by the new conservatives who knew that was a sure road to power. It was by that time that the new liberals had so little to offer that they adopted a pseudo-humanism that didn't amount to much more than a dogmatic, very illiberal crowning touch of Political Correctness that so many mistook for some bizarre form of "enlightenment" -- certainly nothing at all like what it was mistaken for, but it had no lack of broad appeal.
So what are we left with today? Ann Coulter and those of her ilk are one small piece of the mess and Hillary Clinton and her kindred are another small piece of it.
Why should anyone care about either? No one should be forced into such a choice but they typify what remains: two sides of a very bad penny.
We can all scream and squawk about which is the right one but we were brought to a state of Global Corporatism by the "modern conservatives" and "modern liberals" and we're all up for sale, courtesy of "neo-cons" and "neo-libs who sold us out to the highest bidders.
Ann Coulter disgusts but also sells. Who cares? She's a fad and her obnoxiousness will sell to both those who find her putrid and those who find her a delight but the primary significance regarding her is that she sells.
Could anyone have sold her to nation that didn't have such an intellectual vacuum? It's safe to hazard a guess and answer, "No."

--Batchain


Bat- I want to copy this, frame it and hang it on my freakin' wall. you will be credited. :D :D :D

_________________
My new purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:58 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7813
Location: Underneath Virginia
BizarroHesh wrote:
Me: Ann Coulter and Nancy Pulosi are partisan hacks. I don't like either of them.

Many of you: Ann Coulter is Satan, Nancy Pulosi speaks for me.

No, both are obnoxious partisan hacks.

blah, blah, blah....BizarroHesh....blah, blah blah....


Wow, you sure do like talking to yourself, don't you? :roll:

Isaac

_________________
I want dis little pussy
Baby wants some o' dis
And some o' dat
Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat


Jimmie D Fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13892
Location: From some place in this area...
Funny, 'cause I was reading it as well :roll:

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:03 am 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7813
Location: Underneath Virginia
No, he's literally having an argument with himself. He's one of the few people on this forum that have devoted sections of post to imaginary conversations between himself and the other members of the board. :twisted:

Isaac

_________________
I want dis little pussy
Baby wants some o' dis
And some o' dat
Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat


Jimmie D Fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13892
Location: From some place in this area...
I guess Flatulus does that from time to time also (like on the "guess" thread) :mrgreen:

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 814
Location: Boston, mASSHOLEchusetts, USA
jimmyzen wrote:
BatchainPartIV wrote:
Ann Coulter is just one more hideously ugly reminder that we all should have cared when the US began to develop the intellectual and educational vacuum years ago when triviality and insignificance were elevated in social stature by both so-called "liberals" and "conservatives", each of which was freely and busily engaged in borrowing and swapping the worst and stupidest ideas from either until we were left with the loss of any truly intelligent thinkers. That gap was filled in by charlatans and posers who sold themselves via emotionalism and visceral, gut-level appeal which has always been the easiest and most effective means to gaining credibility in any society.

The most decisive moments were in the mid-1960s for "liberalism" and about ten years later for "conservatives" once their was a re-ignited craving for nationalism and blind jingoism. It could not have been coincidence that the rise of religious fanaticism and fundementalism occurred at the same time and was co-opted by the new conservatives who knew that was a sure road to power. It was by that time that the new liberals had so little to offer that they adopted a pseudo-humanism that didn't amount to much more than a dogmatic, very illiberal crowning touch of Political Correctness that so many mistook for some bizarre form of "enlightenment" -- certainly nothing at all like what it was mistaken for, but it had no lack of broad appeal.
So what are we left with today? Ann Coulter and those of her ilk are one small piece of the mess and Hillary Clinton and her kindred are another small piece of it.
Why should anyone care about either? No one should be forced into such a choice but they typify what remains: two sides of a very bad penny.
We can all scream and squawk about which is the right one but we were brought to a state of Global Corporatism by the "modern conservatives" and "modern liberals" and we're all up for sale, courtesy of "neo-cons" and "neo-libs who sold us out to the highest bidders.
Ann Coulter disgusts but also sells. Who cares? She's a fad and her obnoxiousness will sell to both those who find her putrid and those who find her a delight but the primary significance regarding her is that she sells.
Could anyone have sold her to nation that didn't have such an intellectual vacuum? It's safe to hazard a guess and answer, "No."

--Batchain


Bat- I want to copy this, frame it and hang it on my freakin' wall. you will be credited. :D :D :D
It's yours for the taking, jimmyzen. (Unless the ZFT have something to say about it! :wink: )

--Bat

_________________
Image<--Photo ArtWerk by Debutante Daisy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15112
Kenneth Lay, convicted former CEO of Enron. This morning of a heart attack.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 3417
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
calvin2hikers wrote:
Kenneth Lay, convicted former CEO of Enron. This morning of a heart attack.

Don't tell me Hell is going bankrupt ! 8)

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 am
Posts: 2997
Location: Topsham, Maine
calvin2hikers wrote:
Kenneth Lay, convicted former CEO of Enron. This morning of a heart attack.


Boy did that motherfucker get off easy.

_________________
Wanna Buy A Grunt With A Third Party Check
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:54 am
Posts: 4295
Location: En-Ger-Land
My beautiful kitty. She was only two.
Some bastard was driving too fast and killed her.
I hope Karma comes back and bites him on the arse when he/she least expects it. Fucking cunt.

_________________
"Listen to that noise! It's like Barry White eating wasps."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13892
Location: From some place in this area...
My sincere condolences... What a pitty, poor kitty... :cry:

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:54 am
Posts: 4295
Location: En-Ger-Land
Thanks Greeny. Appreciated mate.

_________________
"Listen to that noise! It's like Barry White eating wasps."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 4:25 am
Posts: 3471
Location: SANTA MARIA,CA USA
i'm so sorry, aspy! nothing worse than losing a dear pet, especially by someone's unfeeling actions. :cry: :| poor little kitty.

_________________
One two, buckle my shoe!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 797
Location: France (hell ?)
My sincere condolences for you pussy, I mean kitty, Aspy.

_________________
condamné pour l'eternité
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:54 am
Posts: 4295
Location: En-Ger-Land
Thanks guys, it's nice to know people care. 8)

_________________
"Listen to that noise! It's like Barry White eating wasps."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5530
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
My beautiful kitty. She was only two.
Some bastard was driving too fast and killed her.
I hope Karma comes back and bites him on the arse when he/she least expects it. Fucking cunt.


Sorry about your loss Aspy. I just got a puppy a couple of weeks ago and I've already become very close to him. I'd feel terrible too if he died so suddenly. It always sucks when something like this happens. I wish I could put a positive spin on it, but my words would only get in the way....*so here's a cyber hug (((Aspy)))))

_________________
*********************************************************************



I signed on the line for seven long years.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9787
Location: EINDHOVEN
So sorry to hear that, Aspy...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:54 am
Posts: 4295
Location: En-Ger-Land
Milton Bradley wrote:
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
My beautiful kitty. She was only two.
Some bastard was driving too fast and killed her.
I hope Karma comes back and bites him on the arse when he/she least expects it. Fucking cunt.


Sorry about your loss Aspy. I just got a puppy a couple of weeks ago and I've already become very close to him. I'd feel terrible too if he died so suddenly. It always sucks when something like this happens. I wish I could put a positive spin on it, but my words would only get in the way....*so here's a cyber hug (((Aspy)))))


Thank you, I needed that milt. 8)

_________________
"Listen to that noise! It's like Barry White eating wasps."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:54 am
Posts: 4295
Location: En-Ger-Land
BBP wrote:
So sorry to hear that, Aspy...
Image

Thanks BBP, that pic is gorgeous!

_________________
"Listen to that noise! It's like Barry White eating wasps."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 181  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AGuyWithAWrench and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group