Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 181  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:32 pm 

.. meh, never mind...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:04 am 

it's the anniversary of jim morrison's death, Jul 3, 1971 :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:25 am 

Studebaker wrote:
.. meh, never mind...

Just noticed your sig Stude, quality. Last Date is a wonderful record....I used that quote on the first album I recorded. Im guessing its the only quasi-Black Metal record with a Dolhpy quote on the liner notes.......!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:44 am 

Ann Coulter bugs the Hell out of me! (period)

However! Why is there such a double standard...I mean, all obnoxiously partisan people bug the Hell out of me....Why are Liberals like y'all not bothered by the likes of Nancy Pulosi?

Ann Coulter and Nancy Pulosi are the exact same person...just polar oppposites on the politcial spectrum.

Me: Ann Coulter and Nancy Pulosi are partisan hacks. I don't like either of them.

Many of you: Ann Coulter is Satan, Nancy Pulosi speaks for me.

No, both are obnoxious partisan hacks.

blah, blah, blah....BizarroHesh....blah, blah blah....

BatchainPartIV wrote:
Ann Coulter is just one more hideously ugly reminder that we all should have cared when the US began to develop the intellectual and educational vacuum years ago when triviality and insignificance were elevated in social stature by both so-called "liberals" and "conservatives", each of which was freely and busily engaged in borrowing and swapping the worst and stupidest ideas from either until we were left with the loss of any truly intelligent thinkers. That gap was filled in by charlatans and posers who sold themselves via emotionalism and visceral, gut-level appeal which has always been the easiest and most effective means to gaining credibility in any society.

The most decisive moments were in the mid-1960s for "liberalism" and about ten years later for "conservatives" once their was a re-ignited craving for nationalism and blind jingoism. It could not have been coincidence that the rise of religious fanaticism and fundementalism occurred at the same time and was co-opted by the new conservatives who knew that was a sure road to power. It was by that time that the new liberals had so little to offer that they adopted a pseudo-humanism that didn't amount to much more than a dogmatic, very illiberal crowning touch of Political Correctness that so many mistook for some bizarre form of "enlightenment" -- certainly nothing at all like what it was mistaken for, but it had no lack of broad appeal.
So what are we left with today? Ann Coulter and those of her ilk are one small piece of the mess and Hillary Clinton and her kindred are another small piece of it.
Why should anyone care about either? No one should be forced into such a choice but they typify what remains: two sides of a very bad penny.
We can all scream and squawk about which is the right one but we were brought to a state of Global Corporatism by the "modern conservatives" and "modern liberals" and we're all up for sale, courtesy of "neo-cons" and "neo-libs who sold us out to the highest bidders.
Ann Coulter disgusts but also sells. Who cares? She's a fad and her obnoxiousness will sell to both those who find her putrid and those who find her a delight but the primary significance regarding her is that she sells.
Could anyone have sold her to nation that didn't have such an intellectual vacuum? It's safe to hazard a guess and answer, "No."

--Batchain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:46 am 

jimmyzen wrote:

Great, when you wake up this morning, have yerself a beer! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:42 pm 

BizarroHesh wrote:
jimmyzen wrote:

Great, when you wake up this morning, have yerself a beer! :D

would having one a few hours before my 5 AM bedtime suffice? i don't see many mornings, working for a living evenings and all that. it's been decades since the morning light still found me consuming vast quantities. afraid it'd just give me heartburn these days. but, all is not lost! seeing as my job (and about 600 others) is being outsourced to China and/or Mexico sometime during the next 18 months you could also add the future's uncertain and the end is always near with more than a touch of irony. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:49 pm 

BatchainPartIV wrote:
Ann Coulter is just one more hideously ugly reminder that we all should have cared when the US began to develop the intellectual and educational vacuum years ago when triviality and insignificance were elevated in social stature by both so-called "liberals" and "conservatives", each of which was freely and busily engaged in borrowing and swapping the worst and stupidest ideas from either until we were left with the loss of any truly intelligent thinkers. That gap was filled in by charlatans and posers who sold themselves via emotionalism and visceral, gut-level appeal which has always been the easiest and most effective means to gaining credibility in any society.

The most decisive moments were in the mid-1960s for "liberalism" and about ten years later for "conservatives" once their was a re-ignited craving for nationalism and blind jingoism. It could not have been coincidence that the rise of religious fanaticism and fundementalism occurred at the same time and was co-opted by the new conservatives who knew that was a sure road to power. It was by that time that the new liberals had so little to offer that they adopted a pseudo-humanism that didn't amount to much more than a dogmatic, very illiberal crowning touch of Political Correctness that so many mistook for some bizarre form of "enlightenment" -- certainly nothing at all like what it was mistaken for, but it had no lack of broad appeal.
So what are we left with today? Ann Coulter and those of her ilk are one small piece of the mess and Hillary Clinton and her kindred are another small piece of it.
Why should anyone care about either? No one should be forced into such a choice but they typify what remains: two sides of a very bad penny.
We can all scream and squawk about which is the right one but we were brought to a state of Global Corporatism by the "modern conservatives" and "modern liberals" and we're all up for sale, courtesy of "neo-cons" and "neo-libs who sold us out to the highest bidders.
Ann Coulter disgusts but also sells. Who cares? She's a fad and her obnoxiousness will sell to both those who find her putrid and those who find her a delight but the primary significance regarding her is that she sells.
Could anyone have sold her to nation that didn't have such an intellectual vacuum? It's safe to hazard a guess and answer, "No."

--Batchain

Bat- I want to copy this, frame it and hang it on my freakin' wall. you will be credited. :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:58 pm 
Banned

BizarroHesh wrote:
Me: Ann Coulter and Nancy Pulosi are partisan hacks. I don't like either of them.

Many of you: Ann Coulter is Satan, Nancy Pulosi speaks for me.

No, both are obnoxious partisan hacks.

blah, blah, blah....BizarroHesh....blah, blah blah....

Wow, you sure do like talking to yourself, don't you? :roll:

Isaac

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:00 am 

Funny, 'cause I was reading it as well :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:03 am 
Banned

No, he's literally having an argument with himself. He's one of the few people on this forum that have devoted sections of post to imaginary conversations between himself and the other members of the board. :twisted:

Isaac

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:12 am 

I guess Flatulus does that from time to time also (like on the "guess" thread) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:10 pm 

jimmyzen wrote:
BatchainPartIV wrote:

--Batchain

Bat- I want to copy this, frame it and hang it on my freakin' wall. you will be credited. :D :D :D
It's yours for the taking, jimmyzen. (Unless the ZFT have something to say about it! :wink: )

--Bat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:56 am 

Kenneth Lay, convicted former CEO of Enron. This morning of a heart attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:36 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:

Don't tell me Hell is going bankrupt ! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:19 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:

Boy did that motherfucker get off easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:30 pm 

My beautiful kitty. She was only two.
Some bastard was driving too fast and killed her.
I hope Karma comes back and bites him on the arse when he/she least expects it. Fucking cunt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:52 pm 

My sincere condolences... What a pitty, poor kitty... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:54 pm 

Thanks Greeny. Appreciated mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:49 pm 

i'm so sorry, aspy! nothing worse than losing a dear pet, especially by someone's unfeeling actions. :cry: :| poor little kitty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:13 pm 

My sincere condolences for you pussy, I mean kitty, Aspy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:29 am 

Thanks guys, it's nice to know people care. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:53 am 

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
I hope Karma comes back and bites him on the arse when he/she least expects it. Fucking cunt.

Sorry about your loss Aspy. I just got a puppy a couple of weeks ago and I've already become very close to him. I'd feel terrible too if he died so suddenly. It always sucks when something like this happens. I wish I could put a positive spin on it, but my words would only get in the way....*so here's a cyber hug (((Aspy)))))

I signed on the line for seven long years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 am 

So sorry to hear that, Aspy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:01 am 

Milton Bradley wrote:
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:

Sorry about your loss Aspy. I just got a puppy a couple of weeks ago and I've already become very close to him. I'd feel terrible too if he died so suddenly. It always sucks when something like this happens. I wish I could put a positive spin on it, but my words would only get in the way....*so here's a cyber hug (((Aspy)))))

Thank you, I needed that milt. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:01 am 

BBP wrote:
So sorry to hear that, Aspy...

Thanks BBP, that pic is gorgeous!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 181  Next