Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:20 pm
Posts: 599
OK.
Yes ,a lot of new blues IS Horseshit. A lot of whiney white guys re-hashing something that was pure and good long ago.

BUT,there are some players that are great too. Plus ,you are speaking with a view-point of the modern day. Raw blues is the basis for many of the best rock music around,
...and (if like someone said here)you are a Rap fan,then take it like this,...Rap was originally a music made by African Americans with no money for instruments (using old turntables and their voices)while living in down trodden areas so they could vent their ideas and troubles(and maybe elevate themselves out of a bad living situation). But the music industry saw this new music and here come the Jewish kids fighting for their right to PARTAY! (Rap was a bit "scary" ,and too good to leave alone. So they cut it's balls off and sold it out,of course!) NOW Rap is made for white kids looking to feel cool and low-down with the streets (They're so "GHETTO" ,MAN!). It went from a new,wild art-form made "by the people for the people" to a commercialized ,homoginized easily-saleable product for kids driving "hot cars". I never liked it,but when it was first out I sure thought it was cool that someone had developed a new form of music and I wondered what might develop from it.

SO,in the same way the BLUES were a raw (scary to "whitey")art form. It took longer for the "business" to homoginize stuff back then ,but after a few years(when the older folks knew rock and the blues weren't gonna fade away)they found ways to steal and mellow it's radical ideas. Now most of what you hear is some bastardization of the raw form of blues.

What you've gotta look at is that without the blues we'd still be listening to friggin' "torch songs"& ballads, and "greats" like Sinatra,et al(who makes me wretch)would be considered the best of the best!

So,even if you think it's "horseshit" ,you might respect it for what it spawned? :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3117
Location: Between the Badges
muziko wrote:
I remember hearing him on austin city limits or some show and being impressed with him. he can actually play the guitar and sing pretty well. he's a decent songwriter doing his thing. Why does that bother you? there is nothing wrong with a guy playing music for a living. You don't have to like it. You can claim he is a product and there may be some truth to that. Whatever. you sound very bitter. it's just music don't listen to it if you don't like it. but the guy can play guitar and write some decent songs. i can't say i listen to him. but there are alot of very talented people in the country music business. And music is a business for some people. it's how they make a living. True they sell ford trucks and shit like that and I don't like that. but that doesn't mean the guy didn't have something in the way of talent first. maybe he got ruined by the business. And maybe it helped him to become a better player in some ways.

What the hell are you doing to help make the world a better place that you should dis people who are doing what they want to do??

marilyn manson yeah he's a better role model and a fucking intelligent asshole. i'm sick of all these crack smokin assholes making millions and thinking they have the right to tell kids to commit suicide. That fuckingpunk said he'd even do it on stage and backed out. cause he's a big fucking pussy. he had a hard childhood shit he had it so fucking soft compared to most of the world. Why would anyone support a fucking insane asshole like that. the same people who support bush and his scumbags.

the big business music machine creates asswipes like marilyn manson. brad paisley was way more talented then that creepy scumbag before he ever got any attention. You're pulling shit out your ass here. You think it's all a big scam and someone is pulling the wool over the public's eyes all the time. in reality they are providing music for people who might like that sort of thing. What the fuck are you doing?

You are intolerant of an honest songwriter and would back up a piece of shit like marilyn fagson. Why would you tolerate a piece of shit? Love peace and put shit on your plate and tolerate it . it's cool man. at least brad paisley has some fucking class.

So i also happen to think the dixie chicks are good musicians. Does that bug you? they should also probably not be allowed to be heard in your perfect world we would only listen to frank Zappa and marilyn manson. You don't like it don't fucking listen to it.


Bitter? Me? Maybe? Who cares? Sure, I'll admit I've got some bitterness correctly resulting from a crappy popular music environment. You, on the other hand, sound not only bitter that I have an opposing view, but complacent about an environment that teaches us that style and substance are useless and bothersome when so many hot stars are to be found. You've actually swallowed the Kool-Aid and believe that people buy Paisley's stuff because he's such a compelling artist. Its hilarious... and sad. My other post already admitted that he is an entertainer and thousands of slobs line up to hear (see) him. But, he's a fucking designer drug and you've swallowed him whole. I suppose you just love studio cats too. You really seem to love product. Sure the Dixie Chicks can play, but how in the world can you enjoy it? Honestly, I have no idea. I assume all of them have some physical facility on their instruments, but they have absolutely nothing musical to say. The Dixie Chicks, Brad Paisley and many of their ilk have a hollow insincerity in their voices and instruments that I find sick and cloying. What they do is much closer to Acting than Musical Performance. They are musical wallpaper. Its music for housewives playing bridge on the weekend. No balls, no technical ecstasy, no intriguing compositions, no creative writing, no honest inspiration, no personal exposition, just scooping out the spinach. Eat up.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:12 pm
Posts: 429
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Quote:

Bitter? Me? Maybe? Who cares? Sure, I'll admit I've got some bitterness correctly resulting from a crappy popular music environment. You, on the other hand, sound not only bitter that I have an opposing view, but complacent about an environment that teaches us that style and substance are useless and bothersome when so many hot stars are to be found. You've actually swallowed the Kool-Aid and believe that people buy Paisley's stuff because he's such a compelling artist. Its hilarious... and sad. My other post already admitted that he is an entertainer and thousands of slobs line up to hear (see) him. But, he's a fucking designer drug and you've swallowed him whole. I suppose you just love studio cats too. You really seem to love product. Sure the Dixie Chicks can play, but how in the world can you enjoy it? Honestly, I have no idea. I assume all of them have some physical facility on their instruments, but they have absolutely nothing musical to say. The Dixie Chicks, Brad Paisley and many of their ilk have a hollow insincerity in their voices and instruments that I find sick and cloying. What they do is much closer to Acting than Musical Performance. They are musical wallpaper. Its music for housewives playing bridge on the weekend. No balls, no technical ecstasy, no intriguing compositions, no creative writing, no honest inspiration, no personal exposition, just scooping out the spinach. Eat up.


Just out of curiosity, what physical facility do you have on your instrument? Is there a way we can hear your music? You seem as though you are musician and not merely a record collector, and that's why I ask. You make some good points, so I am interested in hearing your original music.
Of course, even if you are not a musician, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, for what it's worth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3117
Location: Between the Badges
QOQUAQ wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Quote:

Bitter? Me? Maybe? Who cares? Sure, I'll admit I've got some bitterness correctly resulting from a crappy popular music environment. You, on the other hand, sound not only bitter that I have an opposing view, but complacent about an environment that teaches us that style and substance are useless and bothersome when so many hot stars are to be found. You've actually swallowed the Kool-Aid and believe that people buy Paisley's stuff because he's such a compelling artist. Its hilarious... and sad. My other post already admitted that he is an entertainer and thousands of slobs line up to hear (see) him. But, he's a fucking designer drug and you've swallowed him whole. I suppose you just love studio cats too. You really seem to love product. Sure the Dixie Chicks can play, but how in the world can you enjoy it? Honestly, I have no idea. I assume all of them have some physical facility on their instruments, but they have absolutely nothing musical to say. The Dixie Chicks, Brad Paisley and many of their ilk have a hollow insincerity in their voices and instruments that I find sick and cloying. What they do is much closer to Acting than Musical Performance. They are musical wallpaper. Its music for housewives playing bridge on the weekend. No balls, no technical ecstasy, no intriguing compositions, no creative writing, no honest inspiration, no personal exposition, just scooping out the spinach. Eat up.


Just out of curiosity, what physical facility do you have on your instrument? Is there a way we can hear your music? You seem as though you are musician and not merely a record collector, and that's why I ask. You make some good points, so I am interested in hearing your original music.
Of course, even if you are not a musician, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, for what it's worth.


Well, first I'd say that its not a case of:
"I'm great and the world needs to be as great as me".
I am a fan of Isaac Asimov who, as a critic, was often accused of criticizing others in things that he himself could not do. He concluded that there is no reason to believe that he required some sort of resume to analyze any given situation, it was a matter of applying thought to the issue at hand. Proof and opinion would supply the rest.

Having said that, here's a selected resume:
I started out playing sax in school. Then jazz guitar and bass. Then I added classical guitar. I went to college for Music Education, but quit after a few years and went to recording school. I apprenticed, seconded, then became a full-time Recordist for studio and live applications. In studying recording, I learned editing (old school on various tape formats) and have come to mostly identify myself musically as an Audio Editor (I think it is a way I can create...). I like many recording/composing styles and still play guitar, mostly electric.

I suppose a recording that you should hear is The Unmoderated, a Xenochrony-based cd created with our very own Forum Members! :)

Image

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 296
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
[ You don't like it don't fucking listen to it.



And housewives playing bridge have no right to listen to their favorite wallpaper. isn't that what you're really saying. that is very revealing.

brad paisley is doing alright for himself as he started out as a singer songwriter like everyone else in that business. no one says you have to listen to him. there is no honest inspiration in any of these people. wow. how bold of you to make that assessment. who the fuck died and made you god?

You're wrong. I approach these artists the same way you do. Except you need to make them conform to sounding like the mahavishnu orchestra.

You are fully full of shit.

I don't listen to country music on any regular basis. but to say these people are insincere is ridiculous. I'm sure any of the dixie chicks could probably and quite possibly play circles around your over educated ass. Absolutely nothing to say. why that is pretty cold when you don't know shit about them personally . Just because they don't play the kind of music you prefer (schizophrenic progressive jazzrock fusion that jumps meters every other bar) they are musical wallpaper.

grow up knucklehead.

come on man hit the midol and ighten the fuck up.

why not live and let live? are they really cutting into your piece of the pie? You're pissed off when people are successful and that is all.

_________________
Stop Plate Techtonics!!
http://www.myspace.com/originalfacelift
http://www.balkanmusic.org/
http://thesurfonics.com/index.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 3860
Location: Attempt the absurd to achieve the impossible
penguini wrote:
OK.
Yes ,a lot of new blues IS Horseshit. A lot of whiney white guys re-hashing something that was pure and good long ago.


That's just more of the same tired racist bullshit. First of all, there is no shortage of recordings of whiney black guys rehashing. Next, white musicians are what keep blues alive as an art form. Most black musicians turned their backs on it. If you think you need to be black to be "authentic," you're full of shit. I'm so burned out on that fucking stereotype that black is cool and real but white is dorky and fake. FUCK OFF. Racial pedigrees don't mean shit, the sounds are what matter.

Having said that, I'll also say I've lost most of my interest in blues...no matter what the color of the musicians are. I can only listen to a 12-bar form with a I-IV-V so many times before I have to say "enough." But there are players of every race that are great at it if you're into it...just as the case is with every other form of music.

_________________
“The person who stands up and says, 'This is stupid,' either is asked to behave or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful 'Yes, we know! Isn't it terrific!" -Frank Zappa


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:12 pm
Posts: 429
How can I get that "The Unmoderated" CD? And what does "Xenochrony" mean? And will I still want the CD after I find out what it means?

Seriously, that's a good resume Arkay. Did you write any of the music for the CD?

I try to avoid criticizing people who do what I can't do. But it's hard to maintain that philosophy. I think the fact that you're a great musician gives you credibility on the subject of music. I hope I can get that CD.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3117
Location: Between the Badges
Quote:
And housewives playing bridge have no right to listen to their favorite wallpaper. isn't that what you're really saying. that is very revealing.

brad paisley is doing alright for himself as he started out as a singer songwriter like everyone else in that business. no one says you have to listen to him. there is no honest inspiration in any of these people. wow. how bold of you to make that assessment. who the fuck died and made you god?

You're wrong. I approach these artists the same way you do. Except you need to make them conform to sounding like the mahavishnu orchestra.

You are fully full of shit.

I don't listen to country music on any regular basis. but to say these people are insincere is ridiculous. I'm sure any of the dixie chicks could probably and quite possibly play circles around your over educated ass. Absolutely nothing to say. why that is pretty cold when you don't know shit about them personally . Just because they don't play the kind of music you prefer (schizophrenic progressive jazzrock fusion that jumps meters every other bar) they are musical wallpaper.

grow up knucklehead.

come on man hit the midol and ighten the fuck up.

why not live and let live? are they really cutting into your piece of the pie? You're pissed off when people are successful and that is all.


Hahahahaha, man yer hilarious! :)

Lessee, where to start in yer mess...

OK, housewives can listen to whatever they want. There I admitted it! Hahahahahaha... fuckin' hilarious... Sure, they can, but me, personally, I find housewives taste in music to be a little bland, uninspired and boring. You wanna be their cheerleader, go right ahead.

Yes, Brad Paisley is making alot of money. Congratulations on picking a winner. It is true that I don't have to listen to him... when I pick the music. But, often I can't, whether its in the elevator, the grocery store or as background for movies and tv commercials. Public music is often a nuisance, but it is made moreso when it is just product shoved at me. I realize that you have spent little to no time evaluating the current musical business structure so I'll make an obvious point a bit clearer. Stars sell a ton of product because their ad campaigns are prominent. Famous stars music become ever-present and kids (still big buyers) get songs stuck in their head or they notice what their freinds like and then they buy. So, sometimes, I don't have to listen to it. Oftentimes, I have no choice.

Hmmm... you applied the label "god" for my analysis of their musical integrity. Well, thanx! Hahahaha, I guess its a bit difficult for me not to believe in me though, hmm? Really, its not so bold for me to evaluate their hollow compositions and performances. I don't find it difficult to do, say or prove, as most of what I've said is fairly obvious if thought about for a bit, imo. I'd be much more interested in hearing your responses to whatever honest performances you have percieved from these shills. I noticed that you still haven't provided any examples of their positive attributes.

Mahavishnu... they have a few albums that I like. I think Goodman is a bit boring though.

Could Dixie Chicks play circles around me? Well, I'm not a banjo or mandolin player, but I think I could at least hang with the guitarist. Who the hell cares though? I'm not talking about a pissing contest, I'm talking about a lack of content and character, neither of which you have touched upon. Your posts are getting very bitter, imo, hahahaha.

Live and let live? Sure, that is a time-tested perspective that many many boring people have driven into the ground. Its polite, which is fine if I want to have dinner with the Dixie Chicks, but thats about it. I care about music, which has led to having opinions. You apparently think that is a bad thing. Too bad, cuz I don't.

If you really think this is jealousy for their success, lessee what I can do about that...
OK, they make more money than me... I admit it!
OK, they are more famous than me... I admit it!
Hmmm... I don't feel worse... what else ya got?

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3117
Location: Between the Badges
QOQUAQ wrote:
How can I get that "The Unmoderated" CD? And what does "Xenochrony" mean? And will I still want the CD after I find out what it means?

Seriously, that's a good resume Arkay. Did you write any of the music for the CD?

I try to avoid criticizing people who do what I can't do. But it's hard to maintain that philosophy. I think the fact that you're a great musician gives you credibility on the subject of music. I hope I can get that CD.


I'll send you a pm.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 296
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
[ personally, I find housewives taste in music to be a little bland, uninspired and boring. You wanna be their cheerleader, go right ahead.

Yes, Brad Paisley is making alot of money. Congratulations on picking a winner. It is true that I don't have to listen to him... when I pick the music. But, often I can't, whether its in the elevator, the grocery store or as background for movies and tv commercials. Public music is often a nuisance, but it is made moreso when it is just product shoved at me. I realize that you have spent little to no time evaluating the current musical business structure so I'll make an obvious point a bit clearer. Stars sell a ton of product because their ad campaigns are prominent. Famous stars music become ever-present and kids (still big buyers) get songs stuck in their head or they notice what their freinds like and then they buy. So, sometimes, I don't have to listen to it. Oftentimes, I have no choice.

I'd be much more interested in hearing your responses to whatever honest performances you have percieved from these shills. I noticed that you still haven't provided any examples of their positive attributes.

Mahavishnu... they have a few albums that I like. I think Goodman is a bit boring though.

Could Dixie Chicks play circles around me? Well, I'm not a banjo or mandolin player, but I think I could at least hang with the guitarist. Who the hell cares though? I'm not talking about a pissing contest, I'm talking about a lack of content and character, neither of which you have touched upon.

Live and let live? Sure, that is a time-tested perspective that many many boring people have driven into the ground. Its polite, which is fine if I want to have dinner with the Dixie Chicks, but thats about it. I care about music, which has led to having opinions. You apparently think that is a bad thing. Too bad, cuz I don't.



Brad paisley used to play acoustic guitar and sing very well. That's all i know. i saw him play pretty damn good on a telecaster.

What makes you such an expert on a style of music you obviously have so much contempt for that you can't think straight and know zero about? But it's shoved down my throat by a corperation!!! WaW!!

get over it crybaby.

i don't really listen to that kind of music and i'm a musician but i'm not so full of myself that i would so quickly dismiss it. it may be a commercial style. doesn't that have a place in the world? or must it all be "underground" played by smelly dirtbags wearing berets.

Why don't you bring earplugs with you so welding goggles you won't have to see or hear anything you don't want to. better yet why not market your cd so people might enjoy it rather than diss other people who are doing so?

Why don't you move to iran where you can freely oppress and beat housewives for listening to country music?

You are intolerant of music that's like being racist. No more like just some loser. I listened to your cd i thought it sucked and not very well at that. Does that feel good ?there was no honest inspiration it was alot of bullshit made up by some dirtbag who hates country music and money to boot. if you are against capitalism go live in a cave you can set up your recording studio in there and run it on biodeisel and solar and wind power!

You could learn something from the production values in country music compared to the shit you put out. I listened to that shit and i felt like i was being scammed by some left wing radical hippie piece a shit.
Brad paisley makes you look sick!!!!!!!!you washed up dirtbag. how can you say anything about anyone's music with the shit you peddle??

_________________
Stop Plate Techtonics!!
http://www.myspace.com/originalfacelift
http://www.balkanmusic.org/
http://thesurfonics.com/index.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:01 am
Posts: 1267
Location: Bordeaux, France
JEFF BECK BRUSH WITH THE BLUES....
Nothing to do with Horseshit. Just awesome improvising....

_________________
"You can fly like a Penguin when you're dealing with Turkeys."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:34 am
Posts: 41
And on the skin texture level: they don't make 'm much whiter than Johnny Winter...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 814
Location: Boston, mASSHOLEchusetts, USA
muziko wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
[ personally, I find housewives taste in music to be a little bland, uninspired and boring. You wanna be their cheerleader, go right ahead.

Yes, Brad Paisley is making alot of money. Congratulations on picking a winner. It is true that I don't have to listen to him... when I pick the music. But, often I can't, whether its in the elevator, the grocery store or as background for movies and tv commercials. Public music is often a nuisance, but it is made moreso when it is just product shoved at me. I realize that you have spent little to no time evaluating the current musical business structure so I'll make an obvious point a bit clearer. Stars sell a ton of product because their ad campaigns are prominent. Famous stars music become ever-present and kids (still big buyers) get songs stuck in their head or they notice what their freinds like and then they buy. So, sometimes, I don't have to listen to it. Oftentimes, I have no choice.

I'd be much more interested in hearing your responses to whatever honest performances you have percieved from these shills. I noticed that you still haven't provided any examples of their positive attributes.

Mahavishnu... they have a few albums that I like. I think Goodman is a bit boring though.

Could Dixie Chicks play circles around me? Well, I'm not a banjo or mandolin player, but I think I could at least hang with the guitarist. Who the hell cares though? I'm not talking about a pissing contest, I'm talking about a lack of content and character, neither of which you have touched upon.

Live and let live? Sure, that is a time-tested perspective that many many boring people have driven into the ground. Its polite, which is fine if I want to have dinner with the Dixie Chicks, but thats about it. I care about music, which has led to having opinions. You apparently think that is a bad thing. Too bad, cuz I don't.



Brad paisley used to play acoustic guitar and sing very well. That's all i know. i saw him play pretty damn good on a telecaster.

What makes you such an expert on a style of music you obviously have so much contempt for that you can't think straight and know zero about? But it's shoved down my throat by a corperation!!! WaW!!

get over it crybaby.

i don't really listen to that kind of music and i'm a musician but i'm not so full of myself that i would so quickly dismiss it. it may be a commercial style. doesn't that have a place in the world? or must it all be "underground" played by smelly dirtbags wearing berets.

Why don't you bring earplugs with you so welding goggles you won't have to see or hear anything you don't want to. better yet why not market your cd so people might enjoy it rather than diss other people who are doing so?

Why don't you move to iran where you can freely oppress and beat housewives for listening to country music?

You are intolerant of music that's like being racist. No more like just some loser. I listened to your cd i thought it sucked and not very well at that. Does that feel good ?there was no honest inspiration it was alot of bullshit made up by some dirtbag who hates country music and money to boot. if you are against capitalism go live in a cave you can set up your recording studio in there and run it on biodeisel and solar and wind power!

You could learn something from the production values in country music compared to the shit you put out. I listened to that shit and i felt like i was being scammed by some left wing radical hippie piece a shit.
Brad paisley makes you look sick!!!!!!!!you washed up dirtbag. how can you say anything about anyone's music with the shit you peddle??
Just what the fuck are you trying to say or do you even know? If there's some point or coherent idea attached to this rambling shit I'd like to know what the hell that might be or if you're just bipolar and experiencing a severe manic shift and letting part of it out here. You've gone so far off in so many different directions at once that it's dizzying. Shit!

--Batchain

_________________
Image<--Photo ArtWerk by Debutante Daisy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 3860
Location: Attempt the absurd to achieve the impossible
BatchainPartIV wrote:
Just what the fuck are you trying to say or do you even know?


I think I can decode it, Bat. First, we break down the elements of what it's made of.

:arrow: Fierce defending of country music and Brad Paisley (who I had to do a google search for because I've never heard of him...he appears to be one of those typical Bareback Mountin' guys)

:arrow: then the references to berets, Iran, a cave (etc.)

:arrow: then the negative references to solar and wind power

:arrow: plus the overall ridiculous faulty logic and the angry blathering nature of it all

Conclusion:
what we have here, batchain my man, is a GENUINE HARD-CORE RIGHT WINGER! How he found his way in here I don't know, but one does wander in once in a while. This should be fun. Whether they come from the right or left, I LOVE extremists! :twisted:

_________________
“The person who stands up and says, 'This is stupid,' either is asked to behave or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful 'Yes, we know! Isn't it terrific!" -Frank Zappa


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 296
swiftkicknow wrote:
BatchainPartIV wrote:
Just what the fuck are you trying to say or do you even know?


I think I can decode it, Bat. First, we break down the elements of what it's made of.

:arrow: Fierce defending of country music and Brad Paisley (who I had to do a google search for because I've never heard of him...he appears to be one of those typical Bareback Mountin' guys)

:arrow: then the references to berets, Iran, a cave (etc.)

:arrow: then the negative references to solar and wind power

:arrow: plus the overall ridiculous faulty logic and the angry blathering nature of it all



Yes i'm defending the people who devote themselves to creating country music.

i can't reference berets, iran and caves. is this a nazi concentration camp.

I didn't reference solar and wind power negatively at all. I offered an alternative to someone to can get on with themself and stop blaming country music for the ills of the world. that is what is so hysterical about this whole thing. That's faulty blathering in a nutshell. Blame the world of country hicks for your own imbecilic lack of success in your own field.

hey swift dick and toilet chain puller why don't you let this dude fight his own battle and speak for himself? he isn't getting any help from you.

i happen to like all kinds of music including alot of zappa's work. For you ignorant analwads' information the dixie chicks donate one million dollars per tour to worthy causes. they've been outspoken about the recording industry and against the current administration and have received death threats for it.

All i'm saying is if you have a need to blame country music stars for the current musical climate then maybe you need to look at that. i don't care for it all that much but that doesn't mean it doesn't have some redeeming qualities. it's all different and there is alot of diversity within it. so be it. You can make blanketing accusations about an entire style of music. That is extremism.

that is the beauty of this country and music in general we are free to do whatever we want within legal limits. like asswipe marylin manscum telling kids to commit suicide. he's an asshole and there is no getting around that. it's a fact of life. That any industry would feel obliged to promote him shows a problem with the nature of some people not the system itself. It's irresponsible and makes me sick.

get out there and get your music heard and stop whining about the corperations ruining it for you. it's just not true. it's ignorant and shows little self worth.

I really don't mean any harm. Sorry to be offensive but that's life.
Get off your high horses and quit using heroin while your down there.

_________________
Stop Plate Techtonics!!
http://www.myspace.com/originalfacelift
http://www.balkanmusic.org/
http://thesurfonics.com/index.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 3860
Location: Attempt the absurd to achieve the impossible
muziko wrote:
i can't reference berets, iran and caves. is this a nazi concentration camp.


Typical of this species, when you bust them for their content, they try to reframe it and change the context. It makes them feel clever, but it really only impresses themselves and their like-minded ultra-right-wing talk-radio-fan cronies.

Another give-away is the lack of a "?" at the end of a sentence that's a question, etc. Fancy book learnin' an' such, y'all.

Carry on, cunt-tree boy. :twisted:

_________________
“The person who stands up and says, 'This is stupid,' either is asked to behave or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful 'Yes, we know! Isn't it terrific!" -Frank Zappa


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 814
Location: Boston, mASSHOLEchusetts, USA
muziko wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
BatchainPartIV wrote:
Just what the fuck are you trying to say or do you even know?


I think I can decode it, Bat. First, we break down the elements of what it's made of.

:arrow: Fierce defending of country music and Brad Paisley (who I had to do a google search for because I've never heard of him...he appears to be one of those typical Bareback Mountin' guys)

:arrow: then the references to berets, Iran, a cave (etc.)

:arrow: then the negative references to solar and wind power

:arrow: plus the overall ridiculous faulty logic and the angry blathering nature of it all



Yes i'm defending the people who devote themselves to creating country music.

i can't reference berets, iran and caves. is this a nazi concentration camp.

I didn't reference solar and wind power negatively at all. I offered an alternative to someone to can get on with themself and stop blaming country music for the ills of the world. that is what is so hysterical about this whole thing. That's faulty blathering in a nutshell. Blame the world of country hicks for your own imbecilic lack of success in your own field.

hey swift dick and toilet chain puller why don't you let this dude fight his own battle and speak for himself? he isn't getting any help from you.

i happen to like all kinds of music including alot of zappa's work. For you ignorant analwads' information the dixie chicks donate one million dollars per tour to worthy causes. they've been outspoken about the recording industry and against the current administration and have received death threats for it.

All i'm saying is if you have a need to blame country music stars for the current musical climate then maybe you need to look at that. i don't care for it all that much but that doesn't mean it doesn't have some redeeming qualities. it's all different and there is alot of diversity within it. so be it. You can make blanketing accusations about an entire style of music. That is extremism.

that is the beauty of this country and music in general we are free to do whatever we want within legal limits. like asswipe marylin manscum telling kids to commit suicide. he's an asshole and there is no getting around that. it's a fact of life. That any industry would feel obliged to promote him shows a problem with the nature of some people not the system itself. It's irresponsible and makes me sick.

get out there and get your music heard and stop whining about the corperations ruining it for you. it's just not true. it's ignorant and shows little self worth.

I really don't mean any harm. Sorry to be offensive but that's life.
Get off your high horses and quit using heroin while your down there.
1) I don't use heroin. 2) I don't give a fuck if you love, detest or are indifferent to Marilyn Manson. Be as sick as you care to be that he puts out recordings and that he somehow, somewhere "tells kids to commit suicide" -- no one has ever commited suicide because somebody sang about it. (You never anywhere cited one as much as one lyric supporting that assertion at all. I'm not a devotee of Marilyn Manson but just maybe you've dilligently researched Mr. Manson extensively and I just haven't bothered to -- although I feel very safe in doubting that you have. Well, why would you fail to include such a reference in your tirade? You seem to specialize in constructing senseless non-arguments.) Sorry once again, but in your drivelings you've barfed up yet another laughable assertion that Mr. Manson is an "asshole" and "there's no getting around that" as it somehow qualifies as a "fact of life". You're just too fucking much!
Quote:
I didn't reference solar and wind power negatively at all. I offered an alternative to someone to can get on with themself and stop blaming country music for the ills of the world. that is what is so hysterical about this whole thing. That's faulty blathering in a nutshell. Blame the world of country hicks for your own imbecilic lack of success in your own field.
"...blaming country music for the ills of the world"? Who the fuck ever said anything like that? "...blame the world of country hicks for [my] own imbecilic lack of success in [my] own field"? Where the fucking hell are you trying to go with that pile of shit? Before you post you'd do well to learn to read if that's within your abilities.
Well, the more you post the better you get at sounding like a total fucking brain-dead idiot. So just keep on keepin' on until you've pulled your head just far enough out of your ass that you hang yourself!

As if you need further proof:
Quote:
hey swift dick and toilet chain puller why don't you let this dude fight his own battle and speak for himself? he isn't getting any help from you.
Not with the kind of help you're giving him! Hah!

--Batchain

_________________
Image<--Photo ArtWerk by Debutante Daisy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 296
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
personally, I find housewives taste in music to be a little bland, uninspired and boring. You wanna be their cheerleader, go right ahead.

Public music is often a nuisance, but it is made moreso when it is just product shoved at me. I realize that you have spent little to no time evaluating the current musical business structure so I'll make an obvious point a bit clearer. Stars sell a ton of product because their ad campaigns are prominent. Famous stars music become ever-present and kids (still big buyers) get songs stuck in their head or they notice what their freinds like and then they buy. So, sometimes, I don't have to listen to it. Oftentimes, I have no choice.

Really, its not so bold for me to evaluate their hollow compositions and performances. I don't find it difficult to do, say or prove, as most of what I've said is fairly obvious if thought about for a bit, imo.

I'm talking about a lack of content and character, Live and let live? Sure, that is a time-tested perspective that many many boring people have driven into the ground. Its polite, which is fine if I want to have dinner with the Dixie Chicks, but thats about it. I care about music, which has led to having opinions. You apparently think that is a bad thing. Too bad, cuz I don't.



here bat chain. He cares about music. Gosh darn country people are just no damn good. they should play like zappa or something. Would he say that to a country music lover's face? I'm thinkin not. how can you care about music while destroying another style you have no knowledge of or interest in. Because the industry is ruining his poor poor life. Get off it. he also evaluates many people as boring. i think he's bored but you you're just kind of a goofball. Brad paisley plays better than you too. he brings people some comfort. is that really a sin? Housewives have bad taste in music. isn't that a truthful thing to say? No it's sheer nonsense. if some of them happen to enjoy country music more power to them,. but he cares too much about music for it to fall to those depths because he is going to save us from all the bad music and bring us the good music like jesus. thanks for setting the record straight on good and bad. boy oh boy i've learned so much here. Thanks fellas.

yeah marilyn scabsuck was telling kids to commit suicide at his shows and said he was going to commit the act himself. he was on crack the whole time. i agree his music also sucks but that is not that important to me. but verbally encouraging kids to commit suicide an illegal act is breaking the law and not a good use of the platform music can provide. that's my opinion. he is a serious dickhead. but you support free speech like frank did. Well although i agree with some of that i think john lofton made him look stupid a few times on that debate video. i just don't think frank was thinking to good when he said people should be allowed to tell people to commit suicide.

swift kick I'm not even gonna engage with your undifferentiated mass of cells and dog doo you have as a brain. Now let the guy fight his own fight and speak for himself. Who the fuck are you captain fucking asswipe rush limbaugh of the forum interpreter like they can't think for themselves? tree cunt boy wow i'm wounded here somebody get me a band aid. Profanity is the first refuge of the inarticulate. speak intelligently and we will take you seriously. tree cunt boy that hurt. why do use this :twisted: that means you're stoopid right? there i engaged with your little baseball sized skull. tree cunt boy. That's gonna go far.

i just realise you guys are bored housewives yourselves with polyester housepants. i'm sorry to bother you. take care. You can diss the blues but you talk shit about country music boy that ain't too fucking smart. As long as it's from behind your computer then it's safe and brave too. but someday in some shotgun bar some redneck is gonna take offense. if anyone lacks content and character just look in the mirror. You should be so lucky to have dinner with the dixie chicks. Sounds fun to me.

_________________
Stop Plate Techtonics!!
http://www.myspace.com/originalfacelift
http://www.balkanmusic.org/
http://thesurfonics.com/index.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 10:56 pm
Posts: 3302
Location: Aotearoa NZ
Blues ?

befor I wake ?

_________________
image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:56 pm
Posts: 4716
googly moogly wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Alright, convince me modern country is not shit. Then when my wife puts on that crapfest I can enjoy it.



try to imagine kenny rogers singing inca roads


Lucile don't take your Gums to town.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:40 am
Posts: 3493
Location: The Blue Light
swiftkicknow wrote:
Having said that, I'll also say I've lost most of my interest in blues...no matter what the color of the musicians are. I can only listen to a 12-bar form with a I-IV-V so many times before I have to say "enough." But there are players of every race that are great at it if you're into it...just as the case is with every other form of music.


If you were at the Blues fest today, you wouldn't be saying that. So many different kinds of blues of different flavors, all great. It was fantastic. And I don't care if Hoochie Cootchie Man or I Got My Mojo Working has been done a million times by a million people, it still good to hear it being done well. :lol:

_________________
Country music + Black music = Rock and Roll


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:20 pm
Posts: 599
swiftkicknow wrote:
penguini wrote:
OK.
Yes ,a lot of new blues IS Horseshit. A lot of whiney white guys re-hashing something that was pure and good long ago.


That's just more of the same tired racist bullshit. First of all, there is no shortage of recordings of whiney black guys rehashing. Next, white musicians are what keep blues alive as an art form. Most black musicians turned their backs on it. If you think you need to be black to be "authentic," you're full of shit. I'm so burned out on that fucking stereotype that black is cool and real but white is dorky and fake. FUCK OFF. Racial pedigrees don't mean shit, the sounds are what matter.

Having said that, I'll also say I've lost most of my interest in blues...no matter what the color of the musicians are. I can only listen to a 12-bar form with a I-IV-V so many times before I have to say "enough." But there are players of every race that are great at it if you're into it...just as the case is with every other form of music.


Ha! You just wanna fight.

I think it's really funny that you yell at me for my "racial pedigree"(your description) comment,and then you say you turned your back on it like "most black musicians". Then I think it's funny you say you are sick of the "stereotype" about "black" being "cool" ,and "white" being "dorky and fake",..... because also, in the blues ,you seem to forget that black folks were the originals,...so "white" IS dorky and fake in the realm of the blues ,ultimately! Although there are some good new players of all races.

I think you really miss my point anyway. I like all sorts of blues,...and only on the merit of "is it spirited enough"(for my liking),not if a "black or white" musician played the music. I was just pointing out to the original "poster" here that the "blues" was only original in the beginning(just like "rap"),and also I said "a lot of new blues is horseshit"....NOT all new blues. You seem to agree with me that a lot of it is uninspired,and the reason "most black musicians" turned their backs on the blues was just the reason you did......it's boring, 12 bar( I IV V ),"old folks music" to most of them.

In the end of my little rant I said something to the effect that the original poster here should thank the blues for changing the musical world(or something to that effect),....so would you disagree with that reason to like "the blues"?

I personally like all types of blues from all racial backgrounds of players ,if they are good. So relax.....please. HA!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:01 pm
Posts: 1332
Location: the other twilight zone
convince me that elevator music doesn't sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14920
googly moogly wrote:
convince me that elevator music doesn't sucks


It's so uplifting!

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:04 am
Posts: 1134
Location: santa rosa,CA
Dr. Mono wrote:
Why should I think it is not horse shit...well lets scan over why i do first.

A) its all the same
B) they always wake up in the morning, probably because everyone who plays the blues is old and goes to bed late in the afternoon
C) every body wakes up...EVERY DAY! GET OVER IT!
D) it's fucking gay
E) they always lie: they talk about women like they are experienced in the subject but nobody likes smelly old guys that complain all the time and play a instrument that nobody can play well because it just sounds dumb...the harmonica.
you know,you sound like one condescending asshole-have you ever listened to Albert Collins.Johnny Winter,or Stevie Ray Vaughan?I don't think you have.And what's up with this 'Dr. Mono' shit? -This 'get a doctor" shit? WHY DON'T YOU GET A MUTHERFUCKIN' LIFE? "I woke up this mornin'...only to see asswipe posters ev'rywhere..."

_________________
http://home.earthlink.net/~zurch/ http://www.tunecore.com/music/zzyrch
http://soundclick.com/darrelfranzzzyrchclark
http://music.download.com/darrelfranzzzyrchclark


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group