Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:49 pm 

convince me zzyrch is not neurotic :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:22 pm 

googly moogly wrote:
convince me zzyrch is not neurotic
o.k. you can go to the sack with "Dr. Mono" see if I care...you can both misapprehend & misspell shite untill DOOMSDAY..............To quote out of context "Get Shorty": "You don't know me...you only think you know me"--Go back to your goddamn Freud-& if any perchance you care to quote him,try to spell right...In fact.you'd be better off just playing with your whammy.All night.Gimme a break.I never gave you "googly" a bad time on this forum >You're out to lunch-you know that?Give me some space.

Last edited by zzyrch on Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:33 pm 

muziko wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
personally, I find housewives taste in music to be a little bland, uninspired and boring. You wanna be their cheerleader, go right ahead.

Public music is often a nuisance, but it is made moreso when it is just product shoved at me. I realize that you have spent little to no time evaluating the current musical business structure so I'll make an obvious point a bit clearer. Stars sell a ton of product because their ad campaigns are prominent. Famous stars music become ever-present and kids (still big buyers) get songs stuck in their head or they notice what their freinds like and then they buy. So, sometimes, I don't have to listen to it. Oftentimes, I have no choice.

Really, its not so bold for me to evaluate their hollow compositions and performances. I don't find it difficult to do, say or prove, as most of what I've said is fairly obvious if thought about for a bit, imo.

I'm talking about a lack of content and character, Live and let live? Sure, that is a time-tested perspective that many many boring people have driven into the ground. Its polite, which is fine if I want to have dinner with the Dixie Chicks, but thats about it. I care about music, which has led to having opinions. You apparently think that is a bad thing. Too bad, cuz I don't.

here bat chain. He cares about music. Gosh darn country people are just no damn good. they should play like zappa or something. Would he say that to a country music lover's face? I'm thinkin not. how can you care about music while destroying another style you have no knowledge of or interest in. Because the industry is ruining his poor poor life. Get off it. he also evaluates many people as boring. i think he's bored but you you're just kind of a goofball. Brad paisley plays better than you too. he brings people some comfort. is that really a sin? Housewives have bad taste in music. isn't that a truthful thing to say? No it's sheer nonsense. if some of them happen to enjoy country music more power to them,. but he cares too much about music for it to fall to those depths because he is going to save us from all the bad music and bring us the good music like jesus. thanks for setting the record straight on good and bad. boy oh boy i've learned so much here. Thanks fellas.

yeah marilyn scabsuck was telling kids to commit suicide at his shows and said he was going to commit the act himself. he was on crack the whole time. i agree his music also sucks but that is not that important to me. but verbally encouraging kids to commit suicide an illegal act is breaking the law and not a good use of the platform music can provide. that's my opinion. he is a serious dickhead. but you support free speech like frank did. Well although i agree with some of that i think john lofton made him look stupid a few times on that debate video. i just don't think frank was thinking to good when he said people should be allowed to tell people to commit suicide.

swift kick I'm not even gonna engage with your undifferentiated mass of cells and dog doo you have as a brain. Now let the guy fight his own fight and speak for himself. Who the fuck are you captain fucking asswipe rush limbaugh of the forum interpreter like they can't think for themselves? tree cunt boy wow i'm wounded here somebody get me a band aid. Profanity is the first refuge of the inarticulate. speak intelligently and we will take you seriously. tree cunt boy that hurt. why do use this :twisted: that means you're stoopid right? there i engaged with your little baseball sized skull. tree cunt boy. That's gonna go far.

muziko wrote:
i just realise you guys are bored housewives yourselves with polyester housepants. i'm sorry to bother you. take care. You can diss the blues but you talk shit about country music boy that ain't too fucking smart. As long as it's from behind your computer then it's safe and brave too. but someday in some shotgun bar some redneck is gonna take offense. if anyone lacks content and character just look in the mirror. You should be so lucky to have dinner with the dixie chicks. Sounds fun to me.
muziko wrote:
here bat chain. He cares about music. Gosh darn country people are just no damn good. they should play like zappa or something. Would he say that to a country music lover's face? I'm thinkin not. how can you care about music while destroying another style you have no knowledge of or interest in. Because the industry is ruining his poor poor life. Get off it. he also evaluates many people as boring. i think he's bored but you you're just kind of a goofball. Brad paisley plays better than you too. he brings people some comfort. is that really a sin? Housewives have bad taste in music. isn't that a truthful thing to say? No it's sheer nonsense. if some of them happen to enjoy country music more power to them,. but he cares too much about music for it to fall to those depths because he is going to save us from all the bad music and bring us the good music like jesus. thanks for setting the record straight on good and bad. boy oh boy i've learned so much here. Thanks fellas.
Why of course! You're very, very, very much welcome. You've at least proved that witless idiots of all descriptions do have some slight degree of imagination, no matter how paltry. Why you've even dreamt up some vague knowledge of me, what I'm like, what I do, and how well or poorly I do it. That's commendible!
You've brought it to the attention of many that rather than not knowing shit you actually do know shit! Congratulations on your shit!
Hell, you even imagine knowing shit about swiftkicknow! That does say something further in favor of your ability to know shit.

Yes, you did just as I recommended, muziko: you kept on keeping on and even surprised me at how much shit an idiot really could know. (Well, to know in this instance does equate with to believe but here we are only dealing in imagination and how surprisingly well imbeciles are often capable of it.)

OK, so you were factually confused by the "Zappa/John Lofton" and "M. Manson concert" references but that's asking you to retain too much all at once, therefor asking you for too much accuracy wouldn't be fair at all to you or any imbecile.

--Batchain

Last edited by BatchainPartIV on Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:45 pm 

googly moogly wrote:
got Ritalin ?

Methylphenidate

methyl a-phenyl-2-piperidineacetate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:13 am 

sabrinaIII wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
Having said that, I'll also say I've lost most of my interest in blues...no matter what the color of the musicians are. I can only listen to a 12-bar form with a I-IV-V so many times before I have to say "enough." But there are players of every race that are great at it if you're into it...just as the case is with every other form of music.

If you were at the Blues fest today, you wouldn't be saying that.

Really?! Do you have a clue what "12-bar form with a I-IV-V" means?

Quote:
So many different kinds of blues of different flavors, all great. It was fantastic. And I don't care if Hoochie Cootchie Man or I Got My Mojo Working has been done a million times by a million people, it still good to hear it being done well. :lol:

Great. I'm glad YOU enjoyed it. Many people do. Personally, an entire day of blues bands (even when it's played well) is not my idea of a good time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:14 am 

BatchainPartIV wrote:

Hell, you even imagine knowing shit about swiftkicknow! That does say something further in favor of your ability to know shit.

Uhmm...thanks? heh. I'm not quite sure how that was meant, so I'll just assume it was in my favor.

Besides all of muzikos other obvious stuff, did you notice he/she/it couldn't figure out that "cunt-tree" was "country" and reversed it to "tree cunt"? What an attention whore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:21 am 

I think we should all sit nicely holding hands and listen to "Piano Man" by Billy Joel....we can sway as well if anyone wants to. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:26 am 

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
I think we should all sit nicely holding hands and listen to "Piano Man" by Billy Joel....we can sway as well if anyone wants to. :)

If I'm sitting and sway to the side, I'm probably about to fart on you :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:13 am 

zzyrch wrote:
googly moogly wrote:
o.k. you can go to the sack with "Dr. Mono" see if I care...you can both misapprehend & misspell shite untill DOOMSDAY..............To quote out of context "Get Shorty": "You don't know me...you only think you know me"--Go back to your goddamn Freud-& if any perchance you care to quote him,try to spell right...In fact.you'd be better off just playing with your whammy.All night.Gimme a break.I never gave you "googly" a bad time on this forum >You're out to lunch-you know that?Give me some space.

never thought neurotic was an insult,
i was joking, now i know you're really neurotic,
but don't worry, 90% of the world is neurotic,
me neurotic too, hahahahahahaha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:38 am 

googly moogly wrote:
zzyrch wrote:
googly moogly wrote:

never thought neurotic was an insult,
i was joking, now i know you're really neurotic,
but don't worry, 90% of the world is neurotic,
me neurotic too, hahahahahahaha
o.k. then-but I still think this "Dr. Mono" is....oh,it doesn't matter...Except to say that there is some good blues out there & that he (or whatever "Dr. Mono" is),has no place in putting that type of music down.Has he ever heard the best of John Lee Hooker? Is he some half-wit cracker that hates the blues 'cause it's too black?Convince me that the posts of "Dr. Mono" are not horseshit.But I guess that's his right -to heap horseshit on this forum-go look at all his posts-if you wanna waste the time- & tell me then that he's saying anything.Blues not be horseshit.Some honkymutherfucker be talkin' shit.And call me crazy for sayin' so.Doowah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:21 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:40 am 

It can hardly be horse manure when a sheep is doing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:30 am 

BatchainPartIV wrote:

Favor! Shoulda made that shit a little clearer! :mrgreen:
swiftkicknow wrote:
Besides all of muzikos other obvious stuff, did you notice he/she/it couldn't figure out that "cunt-tree" was "country" and reversed it to "tree cunt"? What an attention whore.
Maybe not. There's a better chance that he/she/it needs to "show (everyone) his/her/its thumb"! :wink:

--Bat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:51 pm 

swiftkicknow wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
Having said that, I'll also say I've lost most of my interest in blues...no matter what the color of the musicians are. I can only listen to a 12-bar form with a I-IV-V so many times before I have to say "enough." But there are players of every race that are great at it if you're into it...just as the case is with every other form of music.

If you were at the Blues fest today, you wouldn't be saying that.

Really?! Do you have a clue what "12-bar form with a I-IV-V" means?

Quote:
So many different kinds of blues of different flavors, all great. It was fantastic. And I don't care if Hoochie Cootchie Man or I Got My Mojo Working has been done a million times by a million people, it still good to hear it being done well. :lol:

Great. I'm glad YOU enjoyed it. Many people do. Personally, an entire day of blues bands (even when it's played well) is not my idea of a good time.

Can you ever respond to anyone's statements without insulting them?

Please do enlighten all of us, Mr Communications Major.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:02 pm 

sabrinaIII wrote:
Can you ever respond to anyone's statements without insulting them?

Sure I can, when they say something intelligent. But I found your quote of me followed by your response of "If you were at the Blues fest today, you wouldn't be saying that" to be insulting. I've played music most of my life. You think I didn't know what I meant in that bit where you quoted me? I meant exactly what I wrote.

Quote:
Please do enlighten all of us, Mr Communications Major.

Glad to help, Ms. Temp Worker Secretary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:35 pm 

swifty, i don't think that sabby meant her comment about being at the blues fest to be insulting at all. how did you get that? she's just saying,"hey, being surrounded by all this music and goodwill would make you feel different" if she seems a bit upset now, she may have cause to. and yes, i am standing up for my friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:07 pm 

dove_grey wrote:
swifty, i don't think that sabby meant her comment about being at the blues fest to be insulting at all. how did you get that?

Well, "insulting" was the word sabby brought into this, so that's where that came from.

Quote:
she's just saying,"hey, being surrounded by all this music and goodwill would make you feel different" if she seems a bit upset now, she may have cause to. and yes, i am standing up for my friend.

But that's not what she said. Why is your interpretation of what she didn't say more right than my interpretation of what she actually wrote? Plus, she's now escalating it by being a bigger smart ass with the labeling and trying to get personal. This is like the Jack Nicholson line from "As good as it gets" where he talks about women lacking reason and accountability. I'd take it a step further and say that women then tend to band together for support when they are being held accountable. Be a smart ass, sabby, and you just might get a response, regardless of your gender. I'd suggest you both drop it now and so will I. Or we can continue. Either way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:13 pm 

I'm not the biggest blues fan. However, any genre that allows me to listen to Johnny Winter is ok in my book. :)

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:21 pm 

Dr. Mono wrote:
Why should I think it is not horse shit...well lets scan over why i do first.

A) its all the same
B) they always wake up in the morning, probably because everyone who plays the blues is old and goes to bed late in the afternoon
C) every body wakes up...EVERY DAY! GET OVER IT!
D) it's fucking gay
E) they always lie: they talk about women like they are experienced in the subject but nobody likes smelly old guys that complain all the time and play a instrument that nobody can play well because it just sounds dumb...the harmonica.

Listen to robert johnson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:03 am 

"Sing us a song, you're the piano man, Sing us a song tonight
We're all in the mood for a melody, and you've got us feeling alright, la la didi daa la la didi daa daa dum...."

Please be fweinds....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:29 am 

i know, aspy. is'nt it sad when mommy and daddy fight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:55 am 

In the grand scheme of things nobody cares if you like blues or not. It is one of many musical forms and is not up for debate wether or not it is worthy..Like it or dont, there's your option. I just tipped to Debbie Davies and Tab Benoit, some of it was qute likeable..by my standards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:45 am 

That's me, dovey and frammis round the campfire now, who else is gonna join us??!! Come on! It's fun! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:04 am 

i got hellhound on my trail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:11 am 

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:

"Sing us a song, you're the piano man, Sing us a song tonight
We're all in the mood for a melody, and you've got us feeling alright, la la didi daa la la didi daa daa dum...."
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
That's me, dovey and frammis round the campfire now, who else is gonna join us??!! Come on! It's fun! 8)

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/saddle ... /beans.wav

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next