Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:36 pm 

'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~ Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:16 pm 

People often begrudge others what they cannot enjoy themselves. - Aesop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:19 pm 

As for color, it's two blacks for the office, a burgundy or ox-blood for one of the semi-casuals, and a honey or cognac for the other one. "Stay away from brown, which is just not versatile," adds Solomon, echoing Frank Zappa's classic admonishment: brown shoes don't make it. "Otherwise, if you have great belts to go with your shoes in all these colors, you've increased your wardrobe multifold."

Found this in on the Forbes.com whilst reading an article on picking stylish quality footwear.

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:13 am 

Follow your bliss - Joseph Campbell

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:33 am 

If I had a nickel for every time I did that, I'd be making money in a very strange way. - Mitch Hedberg

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:57 am 

CarvinAbuser wrote:
"You are what you is" - Frank Zappa

does it means that black and outsiders in general will never get the same rights than white people?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:38 am 

Dampkring wrote:
CarvinAbuser wrote:
"You are what you is" - Frank Zappa

does it means that black and outsiders in general will never get the same rights than white people?

It means that you are who you is.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:18 am 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people".

and shitty people write crap... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:24 pm 

Plook wrote:
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people".

Doesn't this: "and shitty people write crap... " automatically put you in this category: "small minds discuss people." :?

Or am I way off, and the truth of the matter actually is that this:

"I'm outstanding in my field...out back of my house...lol...but when it comes to my profession I am one of the top people in the country and possible in the world for what I do, no brag just fact. The down side to this was when I became unemployed I had trouble in some companies because the people who were deciding whether or not to hire me, knew I could do their job better than them and that was a problem. The job I got last January I just let them know my qualifications for the position I was applying for (QA), when they were looking at using me for other stuff and found out how much I knew the potential for a full time position dwindled. I like my situation except it is not permanent (is anything anymore?), they send a list I go audit, no one is micromanaging me and I have a good time on the road since I’m a one man party. My daughter says I can have a party with a piece of thread and a ball of lint, so you can do the math."[*]

OBVIOUSLY puts you right in here: "Great minds discuss ideas..."

[*] Plook on Plook

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:12 pm 

phydeaux3 wrote:
Plook wrote:

Doesn't this: "and shitty people write crap... " automatically put you in this category: "small minds discuss people." :?

Or am I way off, and the truth of the matter actually is that this:

"I'm outstanding in my field...out back of my house...lol...but when it comes to my profession I am one of the top people in the country and possible in the world for what I do, no brag just fact. The down side to this was when I became unemployed I had trouble in some companies because the people who were deciding whether or not to hire me, knew I could do their job better than them and that was a problem. The job I got last January I just let them know my qualifications for the position I was applying for (QA), when they were looking at using me for other stuff and found out how much I knew the potential for a full time position dwindled. I like my situation except it is not permanent (is anything anymore?), they send a list I go audit, no one is micromanaging me and I have a good time on the road since I’m a one man party. My daughter says I can have a party with a piece of thread and a ball of lint, so you can do the math."[*]

OBVIOUSLY puts you right in here: "Great minds discuss ideas..."

[*] Plook on Plook

Your putting way to much thought into it, life is ment to be fun, relax and have a good beer you'll feel better...BTW thanks for the complement even if it was ment o be sarcastic, it sounded good to me.

And when you drink beer my friend, drink XX... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:54 pm 

Plook wrote:
Your putting way to much thought into it, life is ment to be fun, relax and have a good beer you'll feel better...BTW thanks for the complement even if it was ment o be sarcastic, it sounded good to me.

Well that's a flabby reply...you haven't got kirk filling in have ya'?...
Or are you just full 'o beer and too busy crackin' onto yourself again?? :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:04 am 

phydeaux3 wrote:
Plook wrote:

I was exhausted last night, I have been on the road pretty much all summer and I had to get some stuff done around the Plook Fortress, I had been getting started slow due to general travel lag. Then yesterday I had one of those epic days that people write stories about that included but not limited to: general repairs in house, washed cars (2), fixed gate, trimmed trees (this was huge), picked peachs and handed them out (got ride of at least 400 or 500), did lawn front and back (I have a large yard), serviced pool (need to close it in a few weeks), and the biggy...painted the mail box Mrs.Plook has been wanting done for some time now.

And when I had a beer my friend...it was a XX... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:49 am 

Location: Magicians' Quarters on the Counterweight Continent, wawawa.lspace....org
In 1996, 2,599 Americans were taken to hospital with injuries caused by room deodorizers and air fresheners.

What would this country be, without this great land of ours? RONALD REAGAN

HyFlyRadio alongside chap

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:24 am 

Plook wrote:
phydeaux3 wrote:
Plook wrote:

I was exhausted last night, I have been on the road pretty much all summer and I had to get some stuff done around the Plook Fortress, I had been getting started slow due to general travel lag. Then yesterday I had one of those epic days that people write stories about that included but not limited to: general repairs in house, washed cars (2), fixed gate, trimmed trees (this was huge), picked peachs and handed them out (got ride of at least 400 or 500), did lawn front and back (I have a large yard), serviced pool (need to close it in a few weeks), and the biggy...painted the mail box Mrs.Plook has been wanting done for some time now.

And when I had a beer my friend...it was a XX... :mrgreen:

And after all that!!!!...You still promised not to cum in her mouth! :wink:
See... thats the kind of slacker responce phydeaux3 expects from me.Few words make calvin2hiker,jpd,sabbs ect.just fine.Not me,phydeaux3 requires the earth unit KIRK to write a damn sillique on everything! Sometimes duh means duh,it's not deep,'nor should it be. :roll: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:21 pm 

Its in the mail. :wink:
I have a headache. :P
I promise not to come in your mouth. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:38 pm 

Plook wrote:

I believe.....that if you get people with average minds to discuss an event.Great minds will make money. Nyuk,nyuk,nyuk. Its called the FOX Network.
Hey Plook where did you see the foxyest women on your last trip? Besides home. :P :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:26 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

I believe.....that if you get people with average minds to discuss an event.Great minds will make money. Nyuk,nyuk,nyuk. Its called the FOX Network.
Hey Plook where did you see the foxyest women on your last trip? Besides home. :P :wink: :mrgreen:

Denver without a doubt has some very handsome women, it's a city full of 7-10 women, but the men fall behind considerably. If I was available I would be doing well in that town... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:42 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jedediahbila You have just gots to check out my new friend....Jedediah Bila

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:01 pm 

"Anyone with an IQ above 90 and an internet connection knows that 911 could not have happened the way the world was told..."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:11 pm 

Location: Magicians' Quarters on the Counterweight Continent, wawawa.lspace....org
problem is, the world is buying it.

A very fantastic slogan, Giggy, really.

ow, wow, how many ...no, have an IQ above common uTubsters?-)

Last edited by Sir Ius Rincewind on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:14 pm 

"He's crazier than a soup sandwich" - Patton Oswalt on Wesley Snipes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:17 pm 

the police is coming, quick, the joints into the loo.

Then Sting and the boys stepped in. --Keeph Richards i phink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:53 am 

'When you hear music, after it's over, it's gone, in the air. You can never capture it again.' - Eric Dolphy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:36 am 

"To whom does this belong?"
(My Dad, after discovering something in the dining room that shouldn't have been in the dining room - much parodied by family members up to the present day)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:37 pm 

Caputh wrote:
"To whom does this belong?"
(My Dad, after discovering something in the dining room that shouldn't have been in the dining room - much parodied by family members up to the present day)

Well,what was it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next