Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:31 pm 

http://blogs4brownback.wordpress.com/20 ... ment-13302

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:01 pm 

It's hardly worth it when dealing with folks like that.....but hell yeah, I wrote a response to that stupid blog.

lets swamp that place with posts of Zappa's defence!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:49 pm 

Thanks good words :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:58 pm 

Done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:05 am 

Let's make this guy wish he have never touched that wasp nest! Dee Ann Aye (aka MGG) have had his say... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:23 am 

That dumb asshole stirred up the hive, Comment #20 from yours truly!

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:41 am 

I was going to put a comment, but hell, I can't find anything wrong with his argument.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:00 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
I was going to put a comment, but hell, I can't find anything wrong with his argument.

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:23 pm 

Unspeakable perverse filth is how I'd describe that blog. Bleecch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:04 pm 

Done and done, though I dont know why I bother, as reading peoples comments there just winds me up. How can they be so narrow minded to believe everything thats written in the damn bible? One rule for them and another for everyone else. Damn hypocrites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:01 pm 

what a douche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:51 pm 

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
Done and done, though I dont know why I bother, as reading peoples comments there just winds me up. How can they be so narrow minded to believe everything thats written in the damn bible? One rule for them and another for everyone else. Damn hypocrites.

Commandment Number 1 in the Calvin2hikers bible: Aspy is the shiznit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:54 pm 

Any one else notice this? Example:

A religious freak spews words about FZ, somebody comments with the cold facts revealing how wrong the religious freak is and includes that FZ "was a true hero."

This would be fair enough with any other sane person out there, but the religious freak instead uses that statement as a scapegoat.

"A 'true hero?' Okay, how many terrorists did he kill? Haven’t you heard the one about not putting any false idols before the Lord thy G-d? Ring any bells?"

He'll reply with his same righteous attitude because he's found a way to avoid your point.

It's a broken argument :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:35 pm 

That guy is a Christian??? He wants Frank to burn in hell? To exhume his body and burn it in a dumpster??

Mmmmm. Not sure he's going to end up where he thinks he will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:13 pm 

we should stop posting on his blog, beceause we put oil on fire and he will love it to see his blog comin popular.

so i wont post on it any more 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:24 pm 

couldn't resist...jerry fucking garcia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:58 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:

Commandment Number 1 in the Calvin2hikers bible: Aspy is the shiznit.

Why thank you sir calvin of hikers. You are too good to me kind sir. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:14 pm 

OH LORD! i was gonna post in his defense, but it a waste of time, and would actually just end up attacking those poor souls ideas.

show's about
To begin...

www.hyperfunkalicious.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:28 pm 
Banned

Way to fight the good fight people! I kinda agree with some others that it's not worth even posting because these people are so gone and delusional. I deal with asshats like this everyday in the real world. I like to push people's buttons right to their face. Alot more satisfying to stir them up in person. :twisted: Anyone here ever get in an actual conversation face-to-face with any of these unimaginative tools?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:12 am 

I agree that it is a waste of time if the objective is to actually convince these people of anything. It is more that when a random person, not familiar with Zappa, searches the internet and stumbles over this page, then the fact that some strong and sensible counterarguments are there will convince that person that Zappa was not some child molestor. So therefore I put in some shots.

But you can't, I guess by definition, convince a true believer - or even have a fruitful discussion. I have never really discussed with fundamentalists as they, luckily, are few in Denmark. Most religous people there are willing to discuss religion in a sensible and non-preaching way. The closest thing to a fundamentalist I have ever encountered live, was in a church where the priest during a baptism started off by praising the coming ceremony by explaining how children who were not baptisted were eternally lost in empty space with no help to get from god (that was more or less his exact words). I was sitting there (due to family reasons) with my two non-baptised sons (who at the time were old enough to understand), and was about to leave the church that same instant. I chickened out though, so as to not cause a stir with the family at this, to some, important occasion.

But I wish I would have told that priest that he was a complete Jerk. And that he should leave my kids alone with his stupid horror stories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:35 am 

Funny, I thought the Mohamed cartoons row was a pretty non-religious fundamentalist move...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:45 am 
Banned

Well, the thing with me is my Dad is a born-again but we still have a strong relationship. I get into theological discussions all the time. Back in late 96', in my senior year in high school, I was forced to move out of my Dad's house because he and his new girlfriend(who later became his wife), had different viewpoints than myself on spirituality. I remember vividly him dragging me to this thing at his church called, "Heavens Gates, Hell's Fire". This event is designed to brainwash people(mostly children) that the only way, good or bad, to make it to heaven was to give your life to Jesus Christ. They used sick,sad examples like a father/son, both good people, but the father never became christian. So they both die in car accident. They go to the pearly gates and god only let's the son in. Sick brainwashing bullshit. At the end of this thing, they are asking all these people to come up and give they're lives to Christ. My Dad and my family kept looking at me. That was kinda the moment I drew a line in the sand as far as my individuality. I never stepped forward. It disgusted me. It broke my Dad's heart, but I had to stand up for what I believed in. At this time I'd only heard a little bit of FZ's music and wasn't aware of his views on the subject. To this day my Dad tries to convert me, and I try to prove him why blind faith doesn't make any sense. But he is a true christian and doesn't bad-mouth and belittle people who don't believe what he believes.
He isn't about lip-service, and I can respect that. He subscribes to the theory that if you don't agree with someone's non-christian views, the christian thing to do is... to forgive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:50 am 

J.C.GreasyVII wrote:
Well, the thing with me is my Dad is a born-again but we still have a strong relationship. I get into theological discussions all the time. Back in late 96', in my senior year in high school, I was forced to move out of my Dad's house because he and his new girlfriend(who later became his wife), had different viewpoints than myself on spirituality. I remember vividly him dragging me to this thing at his church called, "Heavens Gates, Hell's Fire". This event is designed to brainwash people(mostly children) that the only way, good or bad, to make it to heaven was to give your life to Jesus Christ. They used sick,sad examples like a father/son, both good people, but the father never became christian. So they both die in car accident. They go to the pearly gates and god only let's the son in. Sick brainwashing bullshit. At the end of this thing, they are asking all these people to come up and give they're lives to Christ. My Dad and my family kept looking at me. That was kinda the moment I drew a line in the sand as far as my individuality. I never stepped forward. It disgusted me. It broke my Dad's heart, but I had to stand up for what I believed in. At this time I'd only heard a little bit of FZ's music and wasn't aware of his views on the subject. To this day my Dad tries to convert me, and I try to prove him why blind faith doesn't make any sense. But he is a true christian and doesn't bad-mouth and belittle people who don't believe what he believes.
He isn't about lip-service, and I can respect that. He subscribes to the theory that if you don't agree with someone's non-christian views, the christian thing to do is... to forgive.

Touching story, JC... thanks for sharing. Sounds like you and your dad have a healthy relationship, serving as a good reminder that born-again Christians can be reasonable tolerant people too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:50 am 
Banned

Anybody else when they signed up to post on that website, did you guys really give these creeps your mailing address :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:00 am 
Banned

feetlightup wrote:
J.C.GreasyVII wrote:

Touching story, JC... thanks for sharing. Sounds like you and your dad have a healthy relationship, serving as a good reminder that born-again Christians can be reasonable tolerant people too.

Thanks, Feets. :D Yeah, my Dad is like a cool version of Ned Flanders. I still get him to laugh at stuff he shouldn't(I'm kinda his devil's advocate :twisted: )!