Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:14 am 

guitarmonky55 wrote:
I typed out a good length response raising non-confrontational logical points about what was wrong with the assertions made about the video and stating that nobody who was a christian would say 'burn in hell frank zappa'. I also discussed how zappa is now being considered an accomplished 20th century composer even in academic music circles. my post was deleted :evil:

Sorry for you, yeah they use censor ship when they are afraid or dont know what to answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:44 am 

Its beyond lame that they do that. I mean I have no trouble intelligently debating my beliefs with someone without getting upset and making digs and all that crap - but then again im not exactly a close minded SOB like those guys are.

Im new here by the way. hello!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:36 pm 

Sorry you wound up deleted in there.

That only shows what douches those half-wits over there really are.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:52 pm 

didn't look at this thread until today
looks like I missed the fun,

Brownback's a Senator from Kansas, where I live, and I haven't seen a single bill he voted on that I agreed with or could get behind. So you can say, politically, he doesn't represent me or my ilk. He says he wants to bring back decency and Christian virtue back to America. But that's a slogan aimed at the heartstrings that he knows are connected to the pursestrings. Not saying he doesn't BELIEVE in the flag and the pie and gideon's bibles and abortion protesters and the visiting-inmate-program and saturday night revivals. Of course he does, that's the slice of America he's most fond of. Fair enough.
But what he sees as the right road is based on the 'Should-Be' of how he and his church think we all (that is, the rest of us, too) should act, according to their belief of their God. That's where they start, 'the 'should-be' of 'thou shalt'; the should-be of new wine; the should-be of John Calvin, John Milton, Thomas a' Kempis, Martin Luther, Georg Hegel, Max Weber, Karl Barth and Billy Graham; the should-be implied in Matthew 7:15-27; or M't 5:22-26 or the should-be stated in 1 Corinthians 1:18-25;
. . . Here Jesus and Paul use the same word 'moron' (in the greek texts available . . .) to describe two kinds of fools and foolishness.
which one are you, gracious bloggerhost? someone who calls his brother a fool or someone who calls himself a fool for Christ? what does it mean to be a fool for Christ? "Whooooo could imagine?"

On the other hand, there is a growing pedigree of peoples who prefer to start out looking at things from a What-Is perspective, rather than always comparing to some 'should-be' that might not be so readily agreed upon, by everybody. The people who open their eyes and their ears and try to apprehend What-Is from What-Is-Not. It's been empirically documented somewhere that things can be built and accomplished with what-is and that knowledge of the what-is is more useful in the long-term than striving after a should-be that might not (re)materialise.
An interesting thought is that the Apollo missions to the moon, i.e. the moon landing, was accomplished thru a combination of both. Using science (a product of the What-Is standpoint) with a sense that we should-be able to put men on the moon.
The ancients had their go at this duality of ideas too. Plato was into apprehending the light itself, outside of the cave, not just the shadows on the wall : read: should-be enthusiast. Aristotle wasn't sure if anybody'd discovered that there WAS light outside of the cave, . . . the sources seemed to be suspect.

and so it goes.
some notable adherents to the What-Is:
Lenny Bruce, Frank Zappa, Albert Einstein, Teddy Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson

another notable should-be adherent: L Ron Hubbard and Pope John Paul II

the thing is, is to see that both the what-is and the should-be adherents NEED each other to survive, in order to get heard at all . . . while they kill each other off in the process

and THEN put a motor in Yourself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:16 am 

I couldn't resist. Post number 330 is from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:47 am 

In the blogroll of that site there's a link to the "littlegreenfootballs" blog.

In my eyes this is one of the worst right wing hate blogs, with paranoids and racists all over the place (e.g. "we are at war with Islam, i.e. with every single muslim, nuke them ..." etc.)

The thing that's especially annoying me: there's a segment on the front page called "Frank says", which randomly display a Zappa quote.

A shameless exploitation of Zappa's reputation for a dubious agenda, if you ask me.

M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:52 am 
Banned

Anyone can have a blog. But we do need to NUKE THEM!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:06 am 

zombie1210 wrote:
But we do need to NUKE THEM!

Did I miss the irony here?

Quote:
So verily we must choppeth them up
And stompeth them down
Or rent a nice french bomb
To poof them out of existance
While leaving their real estate just where we need it
To use again
For temples in which to praise our god
(cause he can really take care of business!)

It's called DUMB ALL OVER for a reason ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:56 pm 

Well that was kind of sickening to see. Left a reply for the the jackasses anyway, yeah they got my email, hopefully if they want to burn their Zappa albums they will send them to me instead!