Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:44 pm 

J.C.GreasyVII wrote:
Anybody else when they signed up to post on that website, did you guys really give these creeps your mailing address :?

Hell no. Anything works.....ie abc@hotmail.com or something similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:26 pm 
Banned

I reposted my story on the site with an added rant at the end. Stick that in you pipes and smoke it, fuckin' fascists. :roll: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:10 pm 

Personally, I found Jayp's comments to be the most insightful, thought provoking and fucking spot on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:22 pm 

The Black Page Part 2 wrote:
Personally, I found Jayp's comments to be the most insightful, thought provoking and fucking spot on.

Not to mention edited. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:29 pm 

GO love YOU MOTHERS CRUSTY bottom hole WITH A DULL KITCHEN KNIFE!!

JOHN LOFTON IS A lady parts BURGER!!!

LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:03 pm 

J.C.GreasyVII wrote:
Anybody else when they signed up to post on that website, did you guys really give these creeps your mailing address :?

Hell no, I used a fake one. :lol:

My Mum is a Jehovas Witness and we have had some intense discussions on the subject. I still believe they got her while she was vulnerable, just after her Mum died - had they started speaking to her any other time, I doubt she'd have been interested. Although I don't agree with their belief system, they are actually nice people, well the ones I have met anyway. Mum is cool though, she doesnt force her beliefs on me and is always willing to listen to other people. My Pa isn't religious in the slightest, he just occasionally worships at the altar of Wine and live music when he knocks off work. He does like a wee tipple. He can't understand why Mum believes like she does, but at the same time, accepts it as it doesn't encroach on their relationship at all. All the same, it was hard initially for us all when she was baptised as a Witness.
As for me, my daughter isnt christened and attends a non denominational school, which I was adamant about. She can make her own mind up when she's of an age to understand and make an informed choice. Not be brainwashed by a group of religious educators. :lol:

Here's an appropriate clip from one of the best BBC comedies around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dsEcHAoyb4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:27 pm 
Banned

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
J.C.GreasyVII wrote:

Hell no, I used a fake one. :lol:

My Mum is a Jehovas Witness and we have had some intense discussions on the subject. I still believe they got her while she was vulnerable, just after her Mum died - had they started speaking to her any other time, I doubt she'd have been interested. Although I don't agree with their belief system, they are actually nice people, well the ones I have met anyway. Mum is cool though, she doesnt force her beliefs on me and is always willing to listen to other people. My Pa isn't religious in the slightest, he just occasionally worships at the altar of Wine and live music when he knocks off work. He does like a wee tipple. He can't understand why Mum believes like she does, but at the same time, accepts it as it doesn't encroach on their relationship at all. All the same, it was hard initially for us all when she was baptised as a Witness.
As for me, my daughter isnt christened and attends a non denominational school, which I was adamant about. She can make her own mind up when she's of an age to understand and make an informed choice. Not be brainwashed by a group of religious educators. :lol:

Here's an appropriate clip from one of the best BBC comedies around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dsEcHAoyb4

Sounds like we have even more in common than I thought. Thanks for sharing your experiences,sweetie. :D You never cease to amaze me with your intelligence and wisdom,Aspy. Your Ma seems like a kind lady.And your Pa sounds like a fun guy.Funny clip,BTW, been meaning to get that series on DVD thanks for reminding me. :idea: :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:41 pm 

I added my 2 cents worth. Fuck Brownhole Brownback. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:47 pm 
Banned

Quote:
AN IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ZAPPA.COM FOLKS

It’s really precious that these Zappa fans finally discovered this post 3 weeks after it was posted. Now, because they read about it on a Frank Zappa forum, they felt it was their duty to rush over here and somehow help save dead Frank from these awful bullies that said some mean things about him.

There’s forums for everything these days. Outcasts of all kinds find each other and huddle together, safe in their idiosyncracies, on the Internet. If I were to make fun of diaper fetishists or perverted furries, a forum would link to us and the freaks would rush in to tell us how mean we are. It’s actually quite pathetic.

And the name of the post that these selfless evanglists for Frank are finding B4B from? Please take the defence for Frank on a blog!! Oh boy. C’mon guys, let’s go win this one for The Tripper!

Look guys. Let be honest about this. Zappa would laugh at you for this pointless lemming-like behavior and mindless obsession. If I understand the Zappa mythos, and I suspect I do, he was this great anti-establishment type who did things his own way and didn’t follow the herd. Or so the belief goes.

But what about his fans who rush hither and yon to vanquish those horrible people who don’t share their mindless hero worship? Frank Zappa would laugh at you, you ignorant herd. Most, if not all of you, are exactly the kind of people Frank Zappa would despise.

If you really think the guy is so wonderful and his ideas are so important, why not go fight for one of his causes, whatever they happen to be? And I don’t mean just clickety clacking away at your keyboard saying “Zappa rulz d00d!”

Get out of your echo chambers and off your computer and actually do something. But you won’t. That’s why you’re here and over at at www.zappa.com.

Zappa would disown you all, you useless conformists. You should be ashamed. So go away and buy that collectors box set with unreleased demos and live tracks and pretend that you’re some kind of rebel. You’re not.

Comment by Psycheout — August 4, 2007 @ 9:26 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:51 pm 

All I've got to say is:

Zappa rulz d00d

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:55 pm 
Banned

Religious zealots attacking FZ is like a blind man throwing darts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:51 pm 

J.C.GreasyVII wrote:

Sounds like we have even more in common than I thought. Thanks for sharing your experiences,sweetie. :D You never cease to amaze me with your intelligence and wisdom,Aspy. Your Ma seems like a kind lady.And your Pa sounds like a fun guy.Funny clip,BTW, been meaning to get that series on DVD thanks for reminding me. :idea: :mrgreen:

Yeah I thought that when I read your post. 8)
Awww kind words greasy....too kind. :lol:
Yeah my Ma is a goodun, so is my Pa, Im a lucky gal.
Get the League of Gents DVD, in fact get them all, you will not be dissapointed. I've got everythting they've done on DVD and there are also cassettes and CD's available and they never get boring. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:42 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
GO love YOU MOTHERS CRUSTY bottom hole WITH A DULL KITCHEN KNIFE!!

JOHN LOFTON IS A lady parts BURGER!!!

LOL

When I read that and the guys alteration I almost choked on my coffee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:57 pm 

dumb all over

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:18 pm 

jc.greasyvii wrote:

nope, gave them yours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:20 am 
Banned

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
jc.greasyvii wrote:

nope, gave them yours

You cheeky bastard,slime!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:28 am 

I just read that blog. The whole bull. The whole damn thing. Loved the jayp air raid, btw... LOL

I don't even know where to begin with those guys. No wait, I do. Be right back.

EDIT: There! I feel better now. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:15 am 

Deeee-lightful! ha ha ha ha. I feel no need to add my comments. Anything I could add would be superfulous. Don't let those religious bigots have it all their own way. :D I am exposed to this crap every day of my life!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:12 am 

someone send this to gail and have her fuck this guy up.

i love it when the guy edits your posts. but wtf is he talking about here?
Quote:

[Ed Note: Profanity is not allowed, you scum sucking treefrog.]

Comment by jaypfunk — August 6, 2007 @ 4:32 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:23 pm 

Well, y'all...I don't know if I done myself proud or not, or even helped defend our beloved FZ...but I hafta fess up to comments #152 and 153. Especially 152! hahahahaha!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:04 pm 

Zerofret wrote:
Well, y'all...I don't know if I done myself proud or not, or even helped defend our beloved FZ...but I hafta fess up to comments #152 and 153. Especially 152! hahahahaha!!!!

Good!

Nice avatar :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:15 am 

Sisyphus and Psycheout embody everything I loathe about Christian conservatives. Fucktard imbeciles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:01 pm 

I like how my comment included no cursing and actually addressed all of his arguments---and was completely ignored by Sisyphus and the Editor. :lol: I'm #148, by the way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:53 am 

Our christian friends seem very happy to condemn people to Hell. I guess it takes too long to wait for God to do the job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:21 am 

I typed out a good length response raising non-confrontational logical points about what was wrong with the assertions made about the video and stating that nobody who was a christian would say 'burn in hell frank zappa'. I also discussed how zappa is now being considered an accomplished 20th century composer even in academic music circles. my post was deleted :evil: