Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:42 pm 

I used to play "Obscenity is a legal term..." track 5 from Kill Ugly Radio at the beginning of my radio show in college. Now I can't find that track anywhere, it was basically just like an interview excerpt about obscenity. Does anyone know what the quote is from that track? Seems like a shame to have such a great quote and not be able to find it anywhere :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:00 pm 

in mother people #5, fz [on obscenity] wrote:
you shouldn't use the word obscenity as applied to the stuff that i do because there is no obscene content; i use beautiful, efficient english language words that get the point across in a hurry, i talk about things that other people ignore and sometimes that scares people, but it's not dirty, nor is there such a thing as a dirty word, and i believe this and i stress this all the time

there is no word that you can say, nor is there any noise that will come out of your mouth that is so powerful that it is gonna send the listener to the lake of fire as soon as they hear it; that kinda stuff is total baloney, and the myth of obscenity is a myth that is perpetuated in order to keep a censorship mechanism in place, because as long as there can be censorship for one thing or another, as long as they can convince somebody that you need to have a watchdog to keep the dirty words off the air, then some watchdog agency will be able to keep political ideas that are undesirable or any other kind of social ideas that are undesirable off the airwaves and that's the real basis for perpetuating myths of obscenity and all that kind of stuff and i try to attack it as often as i can

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:50 pm 

tyty :)