Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: "I don't join s#*$"
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:32 pm 

This comes from the Ben Watson book, somewhere in the back pages; an interview with the author regarding joining an anti-Nazi movement in England (back in '92 I think.) And yes, it's my little quote on my forum profile too!<br><br>This FZ quote always appealed to me.  It says a lot about his overall attitude towards not only politics, but life.  Musically, he refused to let any category or label contain him.  Politically, he spoke out often but rarely echoed conventional wisdom (well... I welcome debate on this point.. from what I've read he was always pushing a highly personal and aromatic agenda!)<br><br>Of course this post is not meant to imply any anti-party attitudes.  I believe that political parties are a natural phenomenon and should be capable of producing good work in government (if only the smart people could get the backing dammit!)  I do however wish there were as many *successful* political parties in the U.S. as there are 'styles' of music!

Post subject: Re: "I don't join s#*$"
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:48 am 

I am replying to my own post so it doesn't look so lame with the big Goose Egg on the list page.<br><br>evidently, I fucked up.  My apologies to anyone who suffered through my boring-ass thread idea.  Still like that quote though...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:51 pm 

Sounds like Frank's attitude to me. I can't believe he's been gone for 9 years :'( :-[

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:46 pm 

:o Nine years! Well, my oldest child is nine and she arrived june 93. Well, thank goodness she's kept my mind off the fact that it's all over folks! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:24 am 

[quote author=FuckBush link=board=quotes;num=1034379152;start=0#4 date=12/11/02 at 00:46:08] :Well, thank goodness she's kept my mind off the fact that it's all over folks! ;)[/quote]<br>Did some fat lady sing?<br><br>Untill further notice: i'll continue enjoying the life&the works&the stuff-still-to-come-from-the-vault.<br>