Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Zappa about children
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:02 am 

more?<br><br>"a child IS A PERSON"<br><br>"I name the kids, after that they ┬┤belong┬┤to Gail"<br><br>"It always amazes me that, when a government is formed, and they have these smart people around trying to figure out things to do, THEY ALWAYS forget the kids! ...They forget how much energy they have, they forget how much damage they can do!"<br><br>"When you forget the kids you are in danger! Because the kids can suddenly give you a big surprise."<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:41 pm 

[quote author=ZF link=board=quotes;num=1034093123;start=0#0 date=10/08/02 at 08:05:22]"People make a lot of fuss about my kids having such supposedly 'strange names', but the fact is that no matter what first names I might have given them, it is the last name that is going to get them in trouble."<br><br>"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can."<br><br>"Children are naive -- they trust everyone. School is bad enough, but, if you put a child anywhere in the vicinity of a church, you're asking for trouble."<br><br>"If your children ever find out how lame you really are, they're gonna murder you in your sleep...."<br><br>"Life is like highschool with money."<br><br>"If you want to get laid, go to college, but if you want an education, go to the library."<br><br>Don't do speed. Speed turns you into your parents.<br><br>[/quote] I couldn't agree more.<br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:25 pm 

;D if they come too close you become one of them

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:29 pm 

and you really enjoy it if you are not too groun up

Post subject: re: Zappa about children
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:47 pm 

FRANK on his KIDS:  "Well, my children certainly have decided not to grow up like me. They don't smoke. They don't eat hamburgers or bacon. They find their own way. I just want to keep them out of trouble and make sure that they can get to adulthood with some sort of marketable skill and a chance for a happy life on their own terms. I don't want them to be like me or like Gail. They should be like them. And they should be as well equipped to be themselves as possible. As parents we have to do everything to give them the equipment to be themselves, so that when they go out into the world they can maintain their identity and still survive."