Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:42 am
Posts: 342
Location: Michigan
cleon wrote:
i don't know :? they seem a bit basic but hay.maybe
Basic doesn't neccesarily mean bad. Frank loved doo-wop sincerly and it's a pretty basic music.

_________________
Centerville...it's a real nice place to raise yer kids up!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6945
Location: South wales
SonicDeath10 wrote:
cleon wrote:
What about boy george :oops:
on dhbim just before bobby brown song "do you really want to hurt me" 8)
i was just listening to zappa on radio one and he plays ZZ top :?
tried posting it of the link from earlier today but it is coming out weird.like when i preview it goes back to Post a reply page which turns blank :shock:
Frank probably liked ZZ Top...who knows? He was a big blues fan, and ZZ Top had some blues influences. IF the music was good, Frank was happy.
Sorry your correct he did like them says check another song out buy ZZ top.i never noticed before that they been together so long 60s :?

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:42 am
Posts: 342
Location: Michigan
cleon wrote:
SonicDeath10 wrote:
cleon wrote:
What about boy george :oops:
on dhbim just before bobby brown song "do you really want to hurt me" 8)
i was just listening to zappa on radio one and he plays ZZ top :?
tried posting it of the link from earlier today but it is coming out weird.like when i preview it goes back to Post a reply page which turns blank :shock:
Frank probably liked ZZ Top...who knows? He was a big blues fan, and ZZ Top had some blues influences. IF the music was good, Frank was happy.
Sorry your correct he did like them says check another song out buy ZZ top.i never noticed before that they been together so long 60s :?
Yeah most people just know their 80's stuff, as it was their most popular, but they'd been bluesing it up for decades.

_________________
Centerville...it's a real nice place to raise yer kids up!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6945
Location: South wales
SonicDeath10 wrote:
cleon wrote:
i don't know :? they seem a bit basic but hay.maybe
Basic doesn't neccesarily mean bad. Frank loved doo-wop sincerly and it's a pretty basic music.
ok i agree on the new dutch interview APIM George duke says Frank handed him some music and Duke says i can't plat that and frank said what your above it.and Duke said he was wrong he learned so much from zappa.

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:42 am
Posts: 342
Location: Michigan
cleon wrote:
SonicDeath10 wrote:
cleon wrote:
i don't know :? they seem a bit basic but hay.maybe
Basic doesn't neccesarily mean bad. Frank loved doo-wop sincerly and it's a pretty basic music.
ok i agree on the new dutch interview APIM George duke says Frank handed him some music and Duke says i can't plat that and frank said what your above it.and Duke said he was wrong he learned so much from zappa.
Yeah it wasn't the complexity of the music that was important to Frank, but the quality. He was pretty cool like that.

_________________
Centerville...it's a real nice place to raise yer kids up!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group