Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:47 am 

... and still many of FZs announcements made on his 50th birthday are actually true:<br><br>FZ: Well, I don&acute;t know whether struggling against American Society will guarantee that You get to be fifty, I mean there been other people who struggled against the US government in this country and wound up to be disappeared.<br><br>INTERVIEWERS: Concerning Your own statement about plastic people. Do we still need to "freak out" to become real human beings?<br><br>FZ: Well I don&acute;t know whether the word "freak out" is the proper one to use but I&acute;ll garantee that there is plastic people everywhere, and I wouldn&acute;t say it was just George Bush or just Dan Quayle or just James Baker the third or Dick Cheney or any of those other characters. I mean... just about every government You can find, has certain plastic person representatives talked the way in it... I think that... what is being lost during this tail-end of the twentieth century, is the will on the part of the especially the average American to be an individual. There are people that seem to be to willing to just conform and be moulded into some bland opedient nothingness and.. I think that&acute;s always better for an individual&acute;s mental health and for the society at large to have more individualism expressed. That doesn&acute;t means that individualism has to lead to a lack<br>of co-operation. Individuals can co-operate. But I advise for a happy and healthy life that You try and maintain Your individuality because each person has a worth as a<br>human being, and when You submerge that in order to just get along or to be an opedient member of some political party or organisation, You&acute;ll lose something and<br>ultimately it&acute;s going to have negative effects. It&acute;s more difficult to be an individual today in the Unites States becuse the laws are changing ,the social pressures are<br>changing, the types of retaliation that can be brought against a person who wishes to be an individual are more prevalent today. You know the... the economic risks You take if You open Your mouth and speak out about certain things. Most people won&acute;t take that risk because they are... they want the security that comes when keeping<br>Your mouth shut.<br><br>INTERVIEWERS: Has it become worse now than in the sixties?<br><br>FZ: Yes it&acute;s much worse in the US for freedom of speech. It&acute;s almost getting to the point where it&acute;s a charade for this country to brag other nations how free it is and how<br>democratic it is. But internally if You understand what&acute;s going on here, You&acute;ll see that the extreme right wing element of US government is clamping down on all possible means of free speeches. Not just the speech itself, but they are controlling the means by which You can speek, by placing labels on records, by making even more restrictions on films, by having restrictions on radio and television broadcasting.<br><br>to be continued....<br>(complete interview here: http://home.swipnet.se/bengt-jonsson/za ... m#Birthday<br>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:58 am 

Speaking about ''words of wisdom''...<br><br>I once saw an interview with Jim Morrison on the telly, i don't know exactly how old it was, but Jim had a beard and sunglasses on, so it must have been in the last year of his life i guess...<br><br>The interviewer asked Jim how he saw the future of music...<br><br>Jim's answer was that he forsaw the future of music to be one person surrounded by all sorts of electronic devices in order to create music.<br><br>And it seems Old Jim was right about that, wasn't he ?<br><br>Did someone say Underworld ???

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:55 pm 

[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=quotes;num=1060080432;start=0#1 date=08/05/03 at 03:58:32]Speaking about ''words of wisdom''...<br><br>I once saw an interview with Jim Morrison on the telly, i don't know exactly how old it was, but Jim had a beard and sunglasses on, so it must have been in the last year of his life i guess...<br><br>The interviewer asked Jim how he saw the future of music...<br><br>Jim's answer was that he forsaw the future of music to be one person surrounded by all sorts of electronic devices in order to create music.<br><br>And it seems Old Jim was right about that, wasn't he ?<br><br>Did someone say Underworld ???[/quote]<br>That was a 1969 appearance on public televison that you can buy on "The Soft Parade" video. The Doors also performed "The Soft Parade" and "Build Me A Woman", making Morrison the first person to utter the word "motherfucker" on public television.<br>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:44 am 

[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=quotes;num=1060080432;start=0#1 date=08/05/03 at 03:58:32]Jim's answer was that he forsaw the future of music to be one person surrounded by all sorts of electronic devices in order to create music.<br><br>And it seems Old Jim was right about that, wasn't he ?<br>[/quote]<br><br>Yes.<br><br>But make it two guys...<br>Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:53 pm 

[quote author=Homsar link=board=quotes;num=1060080432;start=0#3 date=08/06/03 at 14:44:10]<br><br>Yes.<br><br>But make it two guys...<br>Image[/quote]<br><br>You mean Aphex Twin...??<br><br>I love the video of the song ''Windowlicker'' =<br>2 guys cruising around looking for pussy and when finally coming across 2 pussy-owning persons, they are hit in the back by this never-ending limousine...<br><br><br>GREAT !!!<br>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:00 am 

[quote author=L. Jon Hubbub link=board=quotes;num=1060080432;start=0#2 date=08/05/03 at 15:55:53]<br>That was a 1969 appearance on public televison that you can buy on "The Soft Parade" video. The Doors also performed "The Soft Parade" and "Build Me A Woman", making Morrison the first person to utter the word "motherfucker" on public television.<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>The Mothers performed in the fall of 1967 at THE BITTER END.<br>They lip-syncd Suzy Creamcheese from Absolutely Freeee..<br><br>While the band would lip sync the words, Frank just constantly lipped the word "Motherfucker" over and over again.<br>Hilaraious!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:07 am 

[quote author=Homsar link=board=quotes;num=1060080432;start=0#3 date=08/06/03 at 14:44:10]<br><br>Yes.<br><br>But make it two guys...<br>Image[/quote]<br><br>One of the people in the music world that i adore....<br><br> Besides, it is just one person but I think you know that, right?<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:44 pm 

[font=Verdana]tbobst[/font]<br><br><br>[sub]total bunch of bullshit thread[/sub]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:33 am 

[quote author=trendm0nger link=board=quotes;num=1060080432;start=0#6 date=11/17/03 at 13:00:32]<br><br><br>While the band would lip sync the words, Frank just constantly lipped the word "Motherfucker" over and over again.<br>Hilaraious!!!![/quote]<br><br>I dunno if that really counts, but yeah, that's one of the greatest things I've ever seen on TV.<br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:12 am 

[quote author=r_a_Z_Z link=board=quotes;num=1060080432;start=0#9 date=03/29/04 at 04:33:44]<br><br>I dunno if that really counts, but yeah, that's one of the greatest things I've ever seen on TV.<br>[/quote]<br><br>The freakiest part is when Billy Mundi (the 2nd drummer at the time) stands up at the end. He just looks scary. :O

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:32 pm 

[quote author=dr_grogg link=board=quotes;num=1060080432;start=0#7 date=11/29/03 at 08:07:08]<br><br>One of the people in the music world that i adore....<br><br> Besides, it is just one person but I think you know that, right?<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Yeah, but I meant two guys as in RDJ being the hero who makes good music, and the other guy, who Jim Morrison referred to, is the villain who makes all the shitty pop music for all these faux-pas "artists" such as Britney Spears and the like.<br><br>[/late response]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:56 am 

[quote author=L. Jon Hubbub link=board=quotes;num=1060080432;start=0#2 date=08/05/03 at 15:55:53]<br>That was a 1969 appearance on public televison that you can buy on "The Soft Parade" video. The Doors also performed "The Soft Parade" and "Build Me A Woman", making Morrison the first person to utter the word "motherfucker" on public television.<br>[/quote]<br>   "Sunday trucker Christian motherfucker"<br>It's out on dvd, but I hear the quality is crappy.