Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:13 pm 

In Joe's Garage, you hear:<br>[center][glow=red,2,300]"Information is not knowledge"[/glow][/center]<br><br>Click this link to know more:<br><br>http://www.howtoknow.com/content.html<br><br>Long and very interesting  8)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:19 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=quotes;num=1061961233;start=0#1 date=11/09/03 at 23:30:29]<br><br>Next topic: knowledge is not truth....[/quote]<br><br><br>Knowledge is wisdom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:36 am 

[quote author=stride link=board=quotes;num=1061961233;start=0#2 date=03/11/04 at 21:19:55]<br><br><br>Knowledge is wisdom[/quote]<br><br><br>No its not knowledge is an accumulation of facts & figures.Wisdom is knowing when, or when not, to use them

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:39 pm 

[quote author=roachey link=board=quotes;num=1061961233;start=0#3 date=03/12/04 at 04:36:32]<br><br><br>No its not knowledge is an accumulation of facts & figures.Wisdom is knowing when, or when not, to use them [/quote]<br>I stand corrected:<br>[sub]bob marshall innerview,..[/sub]<br><br><br>Marshall: What is "Information" <br><br>Zappa: Any data that comes in. Somebody presents you with something. Like, I walk up to you and say, "Two and two is eleven". That's some information. It's bad information, but it's information. O.K. Now, if somebody comes up to you and says "Two and two is eleven", and they have the Presidential Seal on their coat, and they got bunting waving in the background, and balloons go up, you might consider it for a minute. So, that's information. Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is the point at which you know something, O.K. Now, wisdom is the idea that you have a bank of facts. To behave wisely, you have to deploy those facts in some way. You can deploy them stupidly or you can deploy them wisely. So, information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. You can take all the sorted pieces of information which gives you a knowledge base. You can act in what you believe is a wise procedure, but that is not necessarily any ultimate truth. And just because something is an ultimate truth doesn't mean it's beautiful. And just because something is beautiful certainly doesn't mean you have to love it. Because there's lots of ugly stuff that you could love, too. I mean, I love my dog. Not a particularly attractive dog, but that's a wonderful dog. <br><br>Marshall: How did it continue after Beauty? What are the rest of the lines? <br><br>Zappa: Oh, well, it's: "Information is not knowledge, Knowledge is not wisdom, Wisdom is not truth, Truth is not beauty, Beauty is not love, and Love is not music. Music is THE BEST" <br><br>Marshall: If "Love is not music", what is "Love"? <br><br>Zappa: It's chemical, merely chemical. <br><br>Marshall: And it can be... <br><br>Zappa: Chocolate induced  ,..<br> ..............cont.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:09 pm 

[quote author=roachey link=board=quotes;num=1061961233;start=0#3 date=03/12/04 at 04:36:32]<br><br><br>No its not knowledge is an accumulation of facts & figures.Wisdom is knowing when, or when not, to use them [/quote]<br><br>Knowledge is a collective rememberance of life conditioning. Wisdom is similiar, yet not collective, rather an induvidualistic way of believing that you are right.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:07 pm 

[quote author=Gonzo link=board=quotes;num=1061961233;start=0#6 date=04/02/04 at 19:09:03]<br><br>Knowledge is a collective rememberance of life conditioning. Wisdom is similiar, yet not collective, rather an induvidualistic way of believing that you are right. [/quote]<br><br>No one is with me on this one?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:27 pm 

[center]Image<br>[sup]Image<br>open link & right clik anywhere on window [/sup]Image<br><br><br><br><br>              [sub]  ©[/sub]<br>Image.     .   <br>[img width=12 height=22]http://www.suzugamine.ac.jp/icons/first.gif[/img]<br>[sup]my fav  [/sup][/center]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:32 pm 

That is a great site, Slimey.  Looks like they have added new artwork.  I esp like the Donna Barr and Frank as Galactus.  Also there is a dave sim with frank as Cereberus, I think.  I didn't get a real good look since my pc froze up a that moment Cool.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:44 pm 

"Logic is the BEGINNING of wisdom."<br><br>-Mr. Spock<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:47 am 

Bonzo wrote:
[quote author=Gonzo link=board=quotes;num=1061961233;start=0#6 date=04/02/04 at 19:09:03]<br><br>Knowledge is a collective rememberance of life conditioning. Wisdom is similiar, yet not collective, rather an induvidualistic way of believing that you are right.
<br><br>No one is with me on this one?[/quote]

It has nothing to do with being "right"

When I ask a studnet a question, I am not seeking information, but rather my motive is to start the thought process for that studnet. The wheels start to turn,.. hopefully!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:32 pm 

elephant beer wrote:
Bonzo wrote:
[quote author=Gonzo link=board=quotes;num=1061961233;start=0#6 date=04/02/04 at 19:09:03]<br><br>Knowledge is a collective rememberance of life conditioning. Wisdom is similiar, yet not collective, rather an induvidualistic way of believing that you are right.
<br><br>No one is with me on this one?

It has nothing to do with being "right"

When I ask a studnet a question, I am not seeking information, but rather my motive is to start the thought process for that studnet. The wheels start to turn,.. hopefully![/quote]

You sound like a good treacher, even if you can't spell 'student'/// :wink: :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:58 pm 

:lol:
My typing sucks! I can spell, really..lol,..but I just can't type for doo doo.
When I had to type papers all the time it was much better and then I noticed,..after some time of not doing it..Now I have a bad habit of looking down at the keys and ....my right wrist was always crooked. so..?
I have to be more careful.

Very funny though considering the subject. lol :lol:

Post subject: in consciousness
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:55 pm 

Knowledge is structured in consciousness