Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: FZ interview
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:40 pm 

An interesting FZ interview --> http://www.mcluhaninstitute.org/baedeker/bobs_articles/zappa_interview-01.html

Post subject: Re: FZ interview
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:52 pm 

Thanx for th link Cheepnis<br>A good long read and insight into philosophy according to FZ<br> Altho th 'post humous' talks with FZ needs to be accepted with an open mind, Frank did urge us all to keep it (your mind) that way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:03 am 

that's a very interesting interview. really makes you think.<br>THANKYOU!!! ;D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:47 am 

Thanks guys! Very interesting!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:06 am 

Here's an interview with Gail she gave Berlin newspaper Der Tagesspiegel:

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/kultur/archi ... 544689.asp

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:37 am 

CheepnisAroma wrote:

Can you send the exact link to the interview because i dont find it.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:36 pm 

Zut_boF wrote:
CheepnisAroma wrote:

It's probably not there anymore. Notice that the original poster, Cheepnis Aroma, posted that over 2 years ago.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:42 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Zut_boF wrote:
CheepnisAroma wrote:

It's probably not there anymore. Notice that the original poster, Cheepnis Aroma, posted that over 2 years ago.

Ah! ok thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:01 am 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Here's an interview with Gail she gave Berlin newspaper Der Tagesspiegel:

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/kultur/archi ... 544689.asp

This is an ENGLISH speaking forum. A shitty translation follows:

It sits alone at a black-painted conference table. The two sons Dweezil and went out, since we want to talk with Gail Zappa about their life at the side of its the 1993 deceased husband franc Zappa. About its marriage he said: "the reason, why it holds so for a long time, lies in the fact that we practically never talk with one another." Interviews the 61-jaehrige gives rarely to deduction administrator. Also this discussion about their role fails. Because Gail Zappa is a Philosophin.

Franc Zappa became at the beginning of the seventies the Pop icon with a picture, which shows it with lowered trousers sitting on the Klo. You had to enter afterwards it occasionally the toilettenpapier.

Ask?

So which never passed?

They talk about a picture, which owes itself a very importunate situation. Franc had in-rented itself in a hotel, in order to give interviews. There a photographer tore the door to the bath up, in franc had withdrawn themselves, and made the photo. The only value, which it has, consists for its fans of the fact that it represents a Gegenkultur. The young people hang it into their room, in order to shock their parents. Franc on the Kloschuessel, which may have a dadaistische component. But someone in a so intimate moment the component of its own life to make, is called also, to come it very close.

Was franc Zappa the rebel, who did not scherte itself around civil conventions?

The music says everything about it. I do not believe that a photo can counterbalance that.

Zappas of pieces belong to the most difficult one, what was ever written in the skirt music. But it needed a surrounding field, it protected...

It calls itself "Solitude". As with Batman the "fortress of the isolation", into which he withdraws himself.

And which task did you have?

The contact to the external world maintain. And but it ensures that the working process was not interrupted.

Did you regard as a job?

Retroactively I would say that it was a job. On questionnaires I often indicated professional wife "as my occupation". On the one hand I did much for the person, with whom I was married and whom I regarded as my best friend. On the other hand I experienced, how much energy and strength cost it the music making. I did everything to make it easier for it. I did not want that franc became unfortunate, because it could not work.

That sounds like hell.

More badly than the hell anyhow, in which an artist scorches.

Zappa got itself acknowledgment for its efforts at the public. Was that fair?

Now, it is in such a way made artists that they use up themselves a task. So much they as figures also in each moment of new invent themselves, so much extract themselves from their will nevertheless, which they carry in itself. On the other hand one cannot align anything.

They lived with a skirt star together...

I did not marry skirt star, but a composer. Thus someone, which did everything that it turned on, for itself.

In an early interview well-known franc Zappa, it is never alone. It lives in a house with six dwarves, that watched out for it. Only was one joke?

These six dwarves, that was I.

And it was Schneewittchen?

I cannot deny the fact that he had also feminine courses but would go too far.

They became acquainted with themselves in the middle of the sixties in Los Angeles. The Mothers OF Invention arose at that time more frequently in a music club, for whose owner you worked as a secretary. Was a good school?

I was busy before it with the American message in London. And afterwards still a few other job followed, deretwegen I white, how one telephones. I gemanagt franc in later years, than I took over its business, never, only the Business administered. Me was clear that I what the types settled, which we paid as agents wars became better.

Is it true that it had only few friends and nearly nobody actually near-let, how way companions reports?

It is interesting that franc in its auto+biographic book nobody when source of inspiration mentioned, which it paid a content. Because it did not employ people, so that they became its friends.

When did you understand that your man was critically ill and you could lose it?

I suspected it for a long time before the cancer diagnosis. When it locked its Autobiografie, it said to me somewhat that he would not write a second book.

Really?

Yes, I could have never said it to him. But it was like a revealing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:32 pm 

me try interview most quickly underfoots. can i mambo dogface to the banana patch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:08 am 

me testy interview quickee-quickee likewise, dove. maximum joyful apropos houndvisage vis-a-vis yellowskin bendy ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:20 am 

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9564

Post subject: re: fz interview
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:49 pm 

zut_bof wrote:

it's probably either the bob marshall interview or the posthumous interview