Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:44 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=quotes;num=1032783644;start=15#23 date=10/09/03 at 02:23:06]i'm left handed but when i used to play golf i played right handed [/quote]<br><br>That must have saved you some money on clubs.<br>I bat a baseball RH, which is the only thing I have ever done RH instinctively. <br><br>To make things even more strange, my left hand is dominant, but my right eye is dominant, which forces my to do archery RH if I ever want to hit what I'm aiming at.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:50 am 

[quote author=N/A link=board=quotes;num=1032783644;start=15#26 date=][/quote]<br>yeah my body's synchronicity is fucked up, i'm left handed and left footed, but for any sports involving clubs or bats i played right handed...left handed was too difficult my right eye is also the dominant one and it can be annoying if you need to take aim at anything

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:31 am 

Playing guitar through a really big amp when you're angry and frustrated is like evening the score with "the world" by punching it/them in the face, only nobody gets hurt and you won't have to go to jail. It's a good release.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:48 pm 

[quote author=[font=arial black]cap'n beefheart[/font] link=board=quotes;num=1032783644;start=15#28 date=late oct or early nov '71 ]'the guitar is a ridiculous instrument. you play guitar? guitar is like thumbing your nose at the angels. you know what i mean?[/quote]<br>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:39 pm 

[center]You all probably don't care, but here:<br><br><br>I started playing guitar about a year and 1 month ago. I learnt on an acoustic. I started playing it a fair amount as a hobby for about a month. Now i play it any chance i get. I started off playing for around 30min's a day, now I play around 7 hours a day. I wake up at 6:30, stumble out of bed, pick up my guitar. Get to school at 8am, allways 10 mins late  :-*. I get home at 1:30 pm, and usualy play untill about 12:00 midnight. Go to bed, repeat.[/center]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:45 pm 

[center]Anyway, I'm proud to say i finaly nailed the only part i couldnt play in Siniter Footwear 2nd Mvt.  ;D[/center]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:18 am 

[quote author=ImSoCute link=board=quotes;num=1032783644;start=30#32 date=02/06/04 at 00:45:08][center]Anyway, I'm proud to say i finaly nailed the only part i couldnt play in Siniter Footwear 2nd Mvt.  ;D[/center][/quote]<br><br>You've been playing the guitar for a year and one month, and you can play all of Sinister Footwear!?  Damn!  Oh well.  I'm having fun with my Apostrophe tab book that I just got in the mail.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:02 pm 

[quote author=madcow1515 link=board=quotes;num=1032783644;start=30#33 date=02/07/04 at 08:18:57]<br><br>You've been playing the guitar for a year and one month, and you can play all of Sinister Footwear!?  Damn!  Oh well.  I'm having fun with my Apostrophe tab book that I just got in the mail.[/quote]<br>Yeah, it took me a couple of days to learn all the notes. Took me about a week to nail all the rapid rhythm changes in the first 2 minutes or so of the song. <br><br>And hey, i also recently got a copy of Apostrophe (') tab book. If you can, get a copy of the Hot Rat's one. It's great!  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:13 am 

I'm still trying to learn. I suck so I turned to bass.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:52 pm 

[quote author=spiralion link=board=quotes;num=1032783644;start=30#35 date=06/10/04 at 09:13:54]I suck so I turned to bass.[/quote]<br>sorry spiral-tap ;D, <br>     i cant help but think your probably not good at playing bass either ;D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:56 am 

1.spiral-tap is not funny.<br>2.making any judgement on someone elses music WITHOUT HEARING IT is obscene :-/<br>3.i never wanted to be an asshole. a smart ass :P but not an asshole.<br>4.im a drummer fer christ-sake    what the hell am i doin on a guitar thread ;D<br>I realized what I wrote. How the fuck I could say that is beyond me tho. Any player of MUSIC deserves encouragement. I dont care if you just started or ya been doin it forever. Learn as much as you can. Do as much listening to bass parts instead of guitar lines. Practice with a purpose.<br> And who knows? <br>you might be looking for a gig like the rest of us musicians ;D ;D ;D<br>Lt.Citizen(ret.)asshole-and hung over(no excuse i no i no)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:37 pm 

thank you bat. <br><br>I play bass mostly because that is what I am best at but if I am recording in the studio I play the guitar and whatever else instruments or get others to do the ones I can't but I am bass centered. Playing bass isn't what everyone thinks it is.(phrazed wrong)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:44 am 

I'm a rightie, but I know at least one leftie who's made a name for himself as well.  A little man known as Jimi Hendrix.  He just reversed the strings on a regular right-hand guitar, and companies make left handed guitars.  So, the only thing stopping a left handed guitarist is their thoughts that they can't.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:06 am 

I wish I had learnt to play on an acoustic guitar, I waited to buy some decent electric and a pedal and i'd been given an old amp.<br><br>There was a lot in the way of distractions there and if you have an acoustic you have enough resonance to keep you interested but no distractions.<br><br>Plus if you don't take to it you haven't wasted a load of money on an electric.<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:23 am 

Vomiting . . . ya never know what might come out.  <br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:19 am 

[quote author=Underwoods_Son link=board=quotes;num=1032783644;start=30#43 date=07/09/04 at 06:07:18]Robert Fripp is actually left handed, but he plays right handed[/quote]<br><br>That actually makes a lot of sense to me. After all, your dominant hand should be the one doing all the hard work, not the one just going up-and-down. (Of course, for some people, the hand doing all the work is the one going up-and-down, but that's a completely different topic. ;D)<br>