Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Zappa singer !!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:59 am 

Hi, <br><br>I'd like you to advice me concerning some zappa's album where there are no guitar solo like for example "sheik Yerbouti". <br><br>Are there some other album where zappa sing and what's there names (and eventually, which are the one you prefer) ????<br><br>Thank's in advance for your answers<br><br>Fred

Post subject: Re: Zappa singer !!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:49 am 

Yes, One Size Fits All would probably be the next Zappa Album you should get. You would probably like Apostrophe ('), Over-Nite Sensation and Zoot Allures too. Zoot Allures does have a coupld of guitar solos in it, but they are great and possibly the most accessible to a casual listener.<br><br>Zappa's lyrics are good, but his music is the most important thing,. and as you listen to these albums you will probably come to appreciate that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:31 am 

[quote author=Andy De Vine link=board=quotes;num=1099576741;start=0#2 date=11/04/04 at 07:49:38]Yes, One Size Fits All would probably be the next Zappa Album you should get. You would probably like Apostrophe ('), Over-Nite Sensation and Zoot Allures too. Zoot Allures does have a coupld of guitar solos in it, but they are great and possibly the most accessible to a casual listener.<br><br>Zappa's lyrics are good, but his music is the most important thing,. and as you listen to these albums you will probably come to appreciate that. [/quote]Danger in the kitchen it's a lyric, no ? Ande ? ???

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:08 pm 

[quote author=NANOOK76 link=board=quotes;num=1099576741;start=0#4 date=11/05/04 at 05:56:11]<br><br>Good suggestion Nico. You would also probably like "The Man from utopia" album.<br> ;D<br>[/quote]Yes Nanook76, I appreciate alot this album :P It doesn't very loved by FZ fans, one said to me it was problably the worst, I totally disagreed in silence because this album never annoyes me. "Cocaine Decision" is a hit for me  :D

Post subject: re: zappa singer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:20 pm 

[table][tr][td]
Quote:
...howell was said to have run on to the stage and pushed zappa, causing him to fracture a leg and cut his head...zappa was in hospital for six weeks
[center][times, jan '72][/center]<br>[/td][td]...but a permanent slight limp wasn't the only long-term result of the fall:[/td][td]
Quote:
when my head had gone over onto my shoulder, it had crushed my larynx, so I couldn't talk; as a result of that, the pitch of my voice dropped a third and has stayed that way ever since (having a low voice is nice, but I would have preferred some other means of acquiring it)
[center][the real fz book][/center][/td][/tr][/table]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:31 pm 

As already told 'Overnite Sensation',One size fits all' and 'Aporstrophe' is Zappas Finest Hours as a singer...<br><br>Evelyn..a modified dog...