Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: "bong addled hack"
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:38 am 

I've just been listening to a word game on the BBC World Service called Quote...Unquote, introduced by Nigel Rees, and this dickhead music journalist called Andrew Muller has just called FZ "..a seriously bong addled hack". This was in response to FZ's quote about "Music journalism being the last refuge of people that cant write".<br><br>Andrew Muller needs to get his facts straight, if he knew anything about Frank he would know that Frank was completely against drug use...he has attested several times that he only smoked two joints in his life and that made him fall asleep.<br><br>People like this make me sick...just because a person may look different, live differently or interpret the world in a different manner through music or any other creative means you care to name, then they seem to think that this gives them the right to defame someones name....I hope his teeth fall out!!!!! <br><br>If your interested A Muller used to write for the either the Melody Maker or New Musical Express, I didnt quite catch which. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Post subject: Re: "bong addled hack"
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:28 pm 

Ignorance could get somebody killed. Ya know?<br><br>The real problem is that there are too many people that won't take the time to check facts before they spew something like that about somebody. And then the listeners all believe that ONE statement and judge everything by it.<br><br>What was that sayin'?<br>Oh yeah --  never let facts get in the way of an opinion :-/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:59 pm 
Banned

MICRODOT wrote:
....Andrew Muller....

Fuck him!

8)

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:07 am 

He must be thinking of himself.   ::) >:(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:20 pm 

That twat Andrew mueller is a right wanker. I ran into the bloodklart at the Reading festival.<br><br>Maybe he was offended by Franks definition of music journalism but... asshole.<br><br>A strongly worded complaint to the BBC is on its merry way my brother. Rest assured I will seek a full and concillatory explanation for this blasphemy.<br><br>Peace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:29 am 

[quote author=Millwall link=board=quotes;num=1100536732;start=0#6 date=11/19/04 at 16:20:00]That twat Andrew mueller is a right wanker. I ran into the bloodklart at the Reading festival.<br><br>Maybe he was offended by Franks definition of music journalism but... asshole.<br><br>A strongly worded complaint to the BBC is on its merry way my brother. Rest assured I will seek a full and concillatory explanation for this blasphemy.<br><br>Peace[/quote]<br><br>I'm glad you think hes a wanker<br><br>Bloodklart is the right word!!!<br><br>My daughter was at the Reading festival....and my dad's team was Millwall..he grew up in Deptford.<br><br>Kool in a Kaftan.<br>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:22 pm 

[quote author=pedro1 link=board=quotes;num=1100536732;start=0#2 date=11/15/04 at 16:28:37]Ignorance could get somebody killed. Ya know?<br><br>The real problem is that there are too many people that won't take the time to check facts before they spew something like that about somebody. And then the listeners all believe that ONE statement and judge everything by it.<br><br>What was that sayin'?<br>Oh yeah --  never let facts get in the way of an opinion :-/[/quote]<br><br>it's "never let the facts get in the way of a good story" and it is one of the founding principles of journalism, like it or not. it's not necessarily that everything you read in a paper is total bullshit, it's just that many journalists will adopt a particular "angle" and either omit or bury facts that lend weight to the opposing argument, or accentuate certain facts that lend weight to the point of view they are pushing. understand there are at least two sides to every story, but they will not always be given equal weight or column space.  as for music journalists, many of them are just wannabe musos who want to make a name for themselves, and the quickest and easiest way to do that is write something outrageous and provoke the ire of their readers. so don't bite. you just play into their hands.<br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:56 am 

Screw this guy Mueller.  He sucks and he should be fired for incompetence.

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/jasonsite/gsteele.html

http://www.lincolnconspiracy.com

Opal you hot little bitch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:19 pm 
Banned

PackardGoose wrote:
He sucks and he should be fired for incompetence.

Well, so should Rush Limbaugh, but that's never going to happen....too many stupid fans, y'know....

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:54 am 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=quotes;num=1100536732;start=0#10 date=01/14/05 at 14:19:01][center]<br><br>Well, so should Rush Limbaugh, but that's never going to happen....too many stupid fans, y'know....[/center][/quote]<br><br>Sad but true.

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/jasonsite/gsteele.html

http://www.lincolnconspiracy.com

Opal you hot little bitch!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:50 pm 

[quote author=PackardGoose link=board=quotes;num=1100536732;start=0#11 date=01/16/05 at 07:54:05]<br><br>Sad but true. [/quote]<br>PG, dont listen to anything I-saak Dick says...hes an idiot. Even if he is right hes still an idiot no less.  ;D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:51 pm 

[quote author=FROWNLAND link=board=quotes;num=1100536732;start=0#12 date=01/16/05 at 20:50:10]<br>PG, dont listen to anything I-saak Dick says...hes an idiot. Even if he is right hes still an idiot no less.  ;D[/quote]<br><br><br><br>[quote author=PackardGoose link=board=quotes;num=1100536732;start=0#11 date=01/16/05 at 07:54:05]<br><br>Sad but true. [/quote]<br>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:33 am 
Banned

FROWNLAND wrote:
PG, dont listen to anything I-saak Dick says...hes an idiot. Even if he is right hes still an idiot no less.

PG, don't listen to anything FROWNLAND says....... :roll:

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:50 am 

Where is Frownland these days?? Aint seen him round these parts for a while now.  ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:53 pm 
Banned

asparagus wrote:
Where is Frownland these days??

Probably jacking off to that picture of Punky Meadows.... :D

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:35 pm 

"Most rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read." <br><br>FZ<br><br><br>Image<br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:56 am 

[quote author=MICRODOT link=board=quotes;num=1100536732;start=0#0 date=11/15/04 at 08:38:52]I've just been listening to a word game on the BBC World Service called Quote...Unquote, introduced by Nigel Rees, and this dickhead music journalist called Andrew Muller has just called FZ "..a seriously bong addled hack". This was in response to FZ's quote about "Music journalism being the last refuge of people that cant write".<br><br>Andrew Muller needs to get his facts straight, if he knew anything about Frank he would know that Frank was completely against drug use...he has attested several times that he only smoked two joints in his life and that made him fall asleep.<br><br>People like this make me sick...just because a person may look different, live differently or interpret the world in a different manner through music or any other creative means you care to name, then they seem to think that this gives them the right to defame someones name....I hope his teeth fall out!!!!! <br><br>If your interested A Muller used to write for the either the Melody Maker or New Musical Express, I didnt quite catch which. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!![/quote]<br><br>People who work 16 - 18 hours a day writing Music superior to Beethovens don'thave time to be wasted on Drugs.<br><br>Simple as that  :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:02 am 

The Guardian journo called Andrew Mueller also happens to think that Prince is shit, and so is David Bowie and Bob Marley. You really wanna waste your time on abusing him? <br> ;D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:22 am 

[quote author=spikemytea link=board=quotes;num=1100536732;start=15#19 date=04/16/05 at 12:02:10]The Guardian journo called Andrew Mueller also happens to think that Prince is shit, and so is David Bowie and Bob Marley. You really wanna waste your time on abusing him? <br> ;D[/quote]<br><br>well prince is shit, david bowie has been living off former glories for the past 25 years and bob marley was in a niche market that not everyone appreciates.<br>

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:42 pm 

Frank Zappa was a coffee-addled genius.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:12 pm 

[quote author=zzyrch link=board=quotes;num=1100536732;start=15#22 date=09/13/05 at 02:42:40]Frank Zappa was a coffee-addled genius.[/quote]<br><br> 8) 8) 8)<br>

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:23 pm 

zzyrch wrote:
Frank Zappa was a coffee-addled genius.

And a genius-addled coffee guzzler! :lol: