Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:26 pm 

Lonesome Cowboy Bush - roflmfao!<br><br>These are the lyrics, Frank would have written, if he were here to write them!<br><br>Sab

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:00 am 

[center]Image[/center]<br><br>  [center]God told me to strike at al Qaida and I<br>struck them, and then he instructed me to<br>strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am<br>determined to solve the problem in the Middle<br>East. If you help me I will act, and if not,<br>the elections will come and I will have to focus on them"<br>-- George W Bush [/center]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:01 am 

TOO FUNNY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:01 am 

When musicians talk politics, I picture career diplomats playing in a band on stage.<br><br>They have the right, but who would pay good money to see what amounts to a no-talent amateur production?  And what reputable news outlet would give them a ton of press?<br><br>And somewhere on Michael Moore's cutting room floor is that great footage of Clinton's National Security Advisor shredding and stealing code-word classified documents after the /11 attacks.  Too bad he didn't have room for it in his "documentary".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:41 pm 
Banned

WaspManwMetalWings wrote:
When musicians talk politics, I picture career diplomats playing in a band on stage.

One 'n one is eleven!
Two 'n two is twenty-two!
Won't somebody kindly tell me,
What the government's tryin' t' do . . .
Dickie's just too tricky
For a chump like me to use
Well, you'd take that sub-committee serious, boy
You might get a seizure from the evenin' news

Well, yeah, yeah,
Millions 'n millions of dollars . . .
Much as he might need . . .
He could open up a chain of motels, people,
On the highway, yes indeed!

Quadrophonic desperation!
You know, there'd be a cable all under your bed
Well, if you just might break some wind in your slumber
The FBI is gonna get your number

GONNA GET YA
GONNA GET YA
GONNA JUMP UP THE SUB-COMMITTEE AND GET YA!

GONNA GET YOUR NUMBER
THE FBI
GONNA GET YOUR NUMBER
THE FBI
GONNA GET YOUR NUMBER
THE FBI
GONNA GET YOUR NUMBER
THE FBI
DONE GOT YOUR NUMBER
THE FBI
DONE GOT YOUR NUMBER
THE FBI
GONNA GET YOUR NUMBER
THE FBI
GONNA GET YOUR NUMBER

GONNA GET YOUR NUMBER
GONNA GET YOUR NUMBER

Tryin' not to worry
Tryin' not to care
But you know, I get delighted
When some microphone's not there

Can't have no private conversations
Nowhere
In the USA
Can't wait 'til the rest of the people all over the the world
Find out that their government
Is just the same ol' way
Yeah, every day . . .

Let me tell you one thing right now
Let me tell you one thing right here
Let me make this perfectly clear
Let me tell you 'bout this right here
You know you put me in office
So you must have wanted me in office
I've did you no harm
You know I'm not a crook
You know I'm innocent
I had twenty-five tapes
I only have ten
I don't know what happened to the rest
Musta gave 'em to a friend
Bebe
Somebody
Ronald
Somebody
Who
Was it?
Who?
We know you're not a crook
We know you're not a crook
All we wanna say is one more thing now:

The gangster stepped right up,
Kissed him on the lip good-bye
Made him a cocksucker by proxy, yes he did,
An' he didn't even bat an eye!

The man in the White House -- oh!
He's got a conscience -- oh!
He's got a conscience as black as sin!
There's just one thing I wanna know --
How'd that asshole ever manage to get in?

DICKIE'S SUCH AN ASSHOLE
Sincerely, Dick, we mean it
Wee-ooo

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:04 pm 
Banned

:roll:

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:15 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=quotes;num=1057576963;start=0#1 date=07/08/03 at 03:28:34]Don Rumsfeld delivered this response on 12 February 2002 when faced with pointed press questions about terrorism:<br><br>"As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know."<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>"Everyone smiles as we tread through his horseshit, <br>that grows so incredibly high."- FZ, "Louisiana Hooker with Herpes"<br><br>One of the things that offended me the most about the last campaign was how you had two rich, gutless draft-dodging bitchboys, Bush and Cheney, questioning John Kerry's military service in Vietnam.  I mean, who the fuck were the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" anyway, and why did anyone care what this bunch of nobodies, some bums off the street paid off by that bitch Karl Rove, the bastard offspring of Roger Ailes and Lee Atwater, had to say?  Of course, the Bush boys challenged the idea that Kerry earned his Purple Hearts because they don't believe in earning things.  They believe in having everything handed to them on a silver platter.  Bush actually campaigned on the premise that since 9/11 happened during his "presidency," America can trust him to keep the country safe.  In fact, if you think about it, it means that we CAN'T trust him.  Bush talks about everything he did since 9/11.  Well, where the fuck was that waste of oxygen BEFORE 9/11?  It's not like 9/11 was unstoppable, like the Tsunami.  If Bush and friends weren't such a group of asskissing spineless worms and actually had some clue about what they were supposed to be doing, 9/11 would never have happened.  Let's not forget about the fact that Big Daddy Bush's flunky, fmr. Secretary of State James Baker, is defending the fucking Saudis in a lawsuit being brought by families of the 9/11 victims.  The majority of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis, but Bush can't do anything to the Saudis since the families are friends.  The only reason Baker's actions aren't considered treason is because the Saudis aren't officially designated as enemies of the U.S. even though they should be classified as enemies.<br><br>One of the things that still pisses me off about 9/11 is how the U.S. tried to help Afghanistan in its battles with the Soviets back in the 80s, and THIS is how those ungrateful fucks thanks us?   >:( >:( >:( >:(

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/jasonsite/gsteele.html

http://www.lincolnconspiracy.com

Opal you hot little bitch!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:45 am 

Maybe Bush meant,  "Bring 'Em Home" !<br> :'(<br><br><br>Image<br><br><br><br>Image<br><br><br>Or this dead Iraqi girl, as a result of "collateral damage",  but hey, at least she's liberated.   :-X<br><br><br>All hail, say these flag-waving "patriots" and who tell each other  what a great leader George Bush is, and what a great and wonderful job we are doing in Iraq.<br><br><br><br>Oh, and finally for a country with one of the world's largest oil reserves, Iraq has finally become an oil importer, thanks to Bush/Cheney/Halburton's "reconstruction" efforts. ;)<br><br>[ftp] http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/KER310B.html[/ftp]<br><br><br><br><br> "Republicans stand for raw, unbridled evil and greed and ignorance smothered in balloons and ribbons."--Frank Zappa <br><br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:54 am 
Banned

5050 wrote:
"Republicans stand for raw, unbridled evil and greed and ignorance smothered in balloons and ribbons."--Frank Zappa

How do you respond to that, Jaypfunk?

jaypfunk wrote:
What part of "there will be no draft so long as i am president" is so hard to understand??
give up the fuckin' propoganda. damn... you people are to easily swayed by propaganda and that fat fuck Michael Moore.
It's pathetic. I thought Zappa fans were smarter then that?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh and Thank you Michael Moore...
for driving the Republican Base out to vote!!

Wow! 51% of the popular vote!!!

This is the first time since the 1980's that a president has gotten that much of the popular vote.

Not even the Democrat's precious Clinton could do that!

4 more years!!!!!

Deal with it!

Absolutely wonderful. And it hurts all these libs sooooo much because their stupid liberal media wasn't covering the Republican get out the vote campaign. And stupid ass Kerry didn't learn from Dean about relying on the young vote. Gotta love it. 17% of the young voters came out!! But those liberal/tree-hugging/dyke retards will march all day for PETA!! Makes no sense!!

We're so easily swayed by propaganda? You thought that FZ fans were smarter than that? :roll:

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:26 pm 

[img] http://www.dmoma.org/lobby/exhibitions/presidentially_speaking/images/limbaughtomy.jpeg[/img]<br><br>Rush Limbaugh straighjacket<br>Republican National Committee elephant<br>Limbaughtomizing America *SPAM* drug abuse pain killers<br><br><br>Wizard of Whimsy<br><br><br><br><br>Image<br><br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:34 pm 

what exactly has the war in iraq got to do with frank zappa?, if i wanted to read this crap id log onto c.n.n ???

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:57 pm 

[quote author=vivien oblivion link=board=quotes;num=1057576963;start=30#38 date=09/10/05 at 15:34:49]what exactly has the war in iraq got to do with frank zappa?, if i wanted to read this crap id log onto c.n.n ???[/quote]<br><br><br>Maybe you are unfamiliar with that Frank Zappa had to say about the first US war with Iraq? Or how he felt about daddy Bush?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:34 pm 

[quote author=Andy De Vine link=board=quotes;num=1057576963;start=30#39 date=09/10/05 at 15:57:18]<br><br><br>Maybe you are unfamiliar with that Frank Zappa had to say about the first US war with Iraq? Or how he felt about daddy Bush?[/quote]<br>I remember a lukewarm, "just OK considering who it is" review of "Make A Jazz Noise Here" and, in the same review, the observation that the CD cover was, "finally, a positive message from Zappa about Republican President [G.H.W.] Bush's foreign policy." I wondered how the hell this reviewer could ever be either so stupid or intentionally deceitful. That cover was hardly a "positive" statement about George Bush I and "Operation Desert Storm!"<br><br>--Batchain ::)<br>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:09 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:05 pm 

I'm sorry to say this but I'm afraid that the USA (and Australia) are slowly turning into a neo Stalinist Soviet Union.<br><br>Bush has brought in the 'patriot act' so say good-bye to your bill of rights.<br><br>Our Prime Minister John Howard (George's 'sheriff', I'm serious) wants to bring in rules that ban anti-war demonstraions, allow police to detain citizens for 14 days without charge and all this other shit!<br><br>Fucking hell- we were given a chance for change and we both fucked up. I had tears in my eyes when I heard Kerry deliver 'My name is John Kerry and I am reporting for duty.'<br>            This was something that would mean nothing if it came from someone elses mouth. Kerry was the best president in the last 25 years that the USA never had.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:36 pm 

[quote author=WaspManwMetalWings link=board=quotes;num=1057576963;start=30#30 date=07/27/04 at 14:01:39]When musicians talk politics, I picture career diplomats playing in a band on stage.[/quote]There really is no comparison here. If a person decides not to pursue music in any way they can pretty much much steer clear of it. But politics is life, it touches everything, we all should have an opinion on it and be involved in some way even if it's not career politics. How many career politicians can be trusted to do the right thing by the people they apparently serve?<br><br>If you ignore politics you can end up getting screwed.<br><br>If you ignore music, well you just ignore music, in this case it's the musicians who end up getting screwed by the industry.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:39 am 

I know I've posted it a zillion times, but what the hey...<br><br><br>Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:12 am 

[quote author=polydigm link=board=quotes;num=1057576963;start=30#44 date=10/29/05 at 22:36:09]<br>If you ignore politics you can end up getting screwed.[/quote]<br><br>[center]~Beginning of tangent~[/center]<br><br>Good call. That applies to every level of life. Politics in your workplace, etc. That's why I ended up starting my own business; "tact" isn't one of my consistent qualities. ;)   <br>But now I've learned a few things and have figured out (to some degree) how politics works and how to make it work for you and what I have done in the past that has caused me to get screwed by it. <br>Ignoring politics is one thing that does not work, especially if you have to work with other people that have something you can't get or do on your own. <br>Politics is real and it is always going on anytime you have 3 or more people together, regardless of how anybody feels about that idea. <br><br>[center]~End of tangent. Returning to coffee and browsing mode.~[/center]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:14 pm 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=quotes;num=1057576963;start=45#46 date=10/30/05 at 09:12:01]<br><br>[center]~Beginning of tangent~[/center]<br><br>Good call. That applies to every level of life. Politics in your workplace, etc. That's why I ended up starting my own business; "tact" isn't one of my consistent qualities. ;)   <br>But now I've learned a few things and have figured out (to some degree) how politics works and how to make it work for you and what I have done in the past that has caused me to get screwed by it. <br>Ignoring politics is one thing that does not work, especially if you have to work with other people that have something you can't get or do on your own. <br>Politics is real and it is always going on anytime you have 3 or more people together, regardless of how anybody feels about that idea. <br><br>[center]~End of tangent. Returning to coffee and browsing mode.~[/center][/quote]<br><br>well stated