Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:20 pm 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=quotes;num=1132839970;start=15#18 date=11/25/05 at 17:32:28][center]<br><br><br><br>Frownland: Do me a favor and NEVER have kids, okay? :P ::)[/center][/quote]<br>Whats you're fucking point? Are you saying that yuo disagree with me? If so you're nothing but an A grade fool.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:22 pm 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=quotes;num=1132839970;start=15#18 date=11/25/05 at 17:32:28][center]<br>Frownland: Do me a favor and NEVER have kids, okay? :P ::)[/center][/quote]<br>Also are you disageeing with the FACT that it kills more people than heroin?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:26 pm 

[quote author=FROWNLAND link=board=quotes;num=1132839970;start=15#24 date=11/25/05 at 19:18:43]<br>I understand you're point of view but it still in no way makes mine less valid.[/quote]<br>I'll admit yours is valid if you can post some quotes by FZ where he talks about being against anything but mind-altering drugs, so in other words, anything about drugs that are addicting, like caffeine and nicoteine, but that don't alter your mind in any significant way. Until you do, I can only think that you're nit-picking about the whole nicoteine and caffeine thing. Cholesterol kills tons and tons of people every year, are you going to call Frank a hypocrite because he ate eggs too?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:34 pm 
Banned

[center]
Quote:
Whats you're fucking point? Are you saying that yuo disagree with me? If so you're nothing but an A grade fool.
<br><br>The idea of me being a fool is an OPINION that not everyone will agree with. <br><br>I do not smoke cigarettes or use drugs. But I can also find fault in anti-drug and anti-smoking promotions.<br><br>The "fact" that "cigarettes kill more people than heroin" is a estimation. There is no legitimate proof that cigarettes actually kill more people than heroin. <br><br>Also, as stated before, your theory that "Can you get addicted to it? Yes...thus it is a drug" is nothing more than an unintentional joke. <br><br>I don't know how you can come to that conclusion when are millions of different definitions for the term "drug," and not all of them apply to the category reserved for dangerous narcotics.<br><br>I think that if Frank ever met you, he would find your self-righteous additude insulting ("I live my life eating these things and drinking this black water in this cup here, Okay?"), as it is insulting to anyone's intelligence.<br><br>Do you work for the "Truth" idiots that keep showing those crappy anti-cigarrette ads on TV? The thing is, those ads don't work.<br><br>If you want people not to kill themselves with [insert substance here], you have to give them the real facts, not propaganda.<br><br>Oh, and:<br><br>[quote author=dkaplowitz link=board=quotes;num=1132839970;start=15#27 date=11/25/05 at 19:26:39]Cholesterol kills tons and tons of people every year, are you going to call Frank a hypocrite because he ate eggs too?[/quote][/center]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:42 pm 

[quote author=dkaplowitz link=board=quotes;num=1132839970;start=15#27 date=11/25/05 at 19:26:39]<br>I'll admit yours is valid if you can post some quotes by FZ where he talks about being against anything but mind-altering drugs, so in other words, anything about drugs that are addicting, like caffeine and nicoteine, but that don't alter your mind in any significant way. Until you do, I can only think that you're nit-picking about the whole nicoteine and caffeine thing. Cholesterol kills tons and tons of people every year, are you going to call Frank a hypocrite because he ate eggs too?[/quote]<br>What you put in you're body is totaly up to you. Like anything else you gotta be sensible with what you eat. What do you want me to do take back my opinion because he chose to smoke more ciggaz than he ate eggs?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:47 pm 

No, you're wrongly saying his anti-drug stance included things like tobacco and coffee. I'm saying his stance was against only the recreational use of mind-altering drugs. To me (and I think to Frank) there's a big difference between the two.<br><br>What you're saying is tantamount to the people from San Francisco that he criticized: people who thought they'd live forever if they stomped out cigarette smoke....which is a fallacy. <br><br>And who's to say Frank's cancer was caused by cigarettes? It could have been caused by the radium they put in his sinus passages as a kid for all we know.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:08 pm 

[quote author=dkaplowitz link=board=quotes;num=1132839970;start=30#31 date=11/25/05 at 19:47:29]No, you're wrongly saying his anti-drug stance included things like tobacco and coffee. I'm saying his stance was against only the recreational use of mind-altering drugs. To me (and I think to Frank) there's a big difference between the two.<br><br>What you're saying is tantamount to the people from San Francisco that he criticized: people who thought they'd live forever if they stomped out cigarette smoke....which is a fallacy. <br><br>And who's to say Frank's cancer was caused by cigarettes? It could have been caused by the radium they put in his sinus passages as a kid for all we know.[/quote]<br>Well I think its dumb to take a stance against one but not the other really. Thats just my opinion and I do'nt care if you agree or not. At least those drugs do something to you thats at least half worth the investment in the short term. In the long term they wont do any good but in the long term ciggaz kill like alot of things do. With ciggaz all they do is give you nicotine relief because you've smoked so many you're addicted to the nicotine. They give the impression you're relaxing but really you're just getting you're nicotine hit...a habit you forced upon yourself. Makes no sense. They seem just as bad as each other to me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:18 pm 

[quote author=FROWNLAND link=board=quotes;num=1132839970;start=30#32 date=11/25/05 at 20:08:26]<br>Well I think its dumb to take a stance against one but not the other really. [/quote]<br>Well, it's not a black or white world, so seldom does anyone have the luxury of being free from them all. I don't think I know any people who are completely free of caffeine, nicoteine, sugar, nitrates, blah blah. And most people I've met who've tried to quit all that stuff are completely miserable and are even more miserable to be around. You ever go to a restaurant with a neurotic veggan person? It's like the most annoying thing in the world because they can't eat anything on the menu and they have to interrogate the wait staff about whether an animal has seen any of the food, or if milk was in the same room while it was being prepared, etc. <br><br>Life's pretty precious, but it's not that precious!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:36 pm 

<br>I know from experience that it's actually less the bodily harm than the fact that smoking severely fucks with your brain that I hate about smoking. There are people around who'd rather leave their wifes than stop smoking, and I was pretty close to that myself. Alcohol will at least give you a "§$% rausch, whereas all smoking does it feed itself. Actually, the perception of a (heavy) smoker is close to that of a junkie. no offense :D<br>

Post subject: re: looking for a ....
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:46 pm 

[quote author=polydigm link=board=quotes;num=1132839970;start=15#17 date=11/25/05 at 17:28:03]...Smoking doubles the risk of getting prostate cancer in the first place and it leads to more aggressive forms of the disease once it's contracted.[/quote]<br>1 mo' time for de woild<br><br>[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=150#158 date=09/11/03 at 22:39:26]Okay: one more time for the slow learners...<br><br>Cancer can be caused by any number of things: exposure to chemicals, viruses, radiation or just random mutations that have no apparent cause. In the case of Frank Zappa, he had several risk factors for cancer:
  • He smoked like a cannon
  • He drank excessive amounts of coffee
  • He didn't exercise much
  • His diet wasn't always that great
  • He spent much of his life in smoggy Southern California (it's bad now: in the 70s it was absolutely hideous)
  • As a child, he was administered radium swabs as treatment for his asthma
  • In The Real Frank Zappa Book, he wrote about how he used to play with mercury and various types of explosives
  • He spent most of his teenage years in close proximity to Edwards Air Force Base, where he was exposed to God-only-knows-what
<br>Any or all of these things could have caused his cancer. But his lifestyle (the Winstons, the coffee, the diet and the lack of exercise) contributed strongly to his early death. <br><br>There can be no doubt that smoking - even if it didn't directly cause his cancer - curtailed his ability to fight it. Smoking killed Frank Zappa. End of story.[/quote]<br>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:03 am 

[quote author=BatchainPhase3 link=board=quotes;num=1132839970;start=30#36 date=11/26/05 at 03:45:55] That was surely an eye-catcher there, D. Kap! "...in the Ted Bundy sense"? You really have gone for a moralistic over-reach there! But then we don't live in a very tolerant culture nor in very forgiving times. And middle-grounds and grey shaded areas aren't very common or long-lasting historically, are they?<br>[/quote]<br>what can I say? I am an absolutist who paints with broad, reductionist brush strokes. Have always been. The gray area is for other people. ;D<br><br>Only a sith deals in absolutes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:13 am 

What you have in the mind will get you more than what you have in the body.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:46 pm 

[quote author=My_Name_Is_Fritz link=board=quotes;num=1132839970;start=30#38 date=11/26/05 at 15:59:23]At the same time I hope I won't be 90 and lying healthy but a little weak due to my age in a bed waiting for another 3 years to die.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Talkin' 'bout my generation . . .  ;D

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:42 pm 

[quote author=Spong link=board=quotes;num=1132839970;start=0#0 date=11/24/05 at 07:46:10]<br>Hi there!<br><br>I'm doing a comic that includes a Frank Zappa quote from the DOES HUMOR BELONG IN MUSIC video. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it anymore. Could you complete/correct what I can recall from memory? Many thanx in advance, will post the comic here, in case you're interested.<br><br><br>Reporter: You have spoken out against drugs. Why do you smoke cigarettes?<br><br>Zappa: To me a cigarette is food.<br><br>[laughter]<br><br>Zappa: ... ...... ...... (can't recall this part) to people who think they will live forever if they stay away from tobacco smoke...<br> <br>I find this a little hard to deal with. I live my life eating these things and drinking this black water in this cup here.<br><br> <br>[/quote]<br><br>I was at that symposium.  It was at the Palace of fine arts in San Francisco.<br><br>Listen for another part where someone asks him a stupid question and both my friend and i "Snork" and he points at us and said yea what he said.<br><br><br>As far as prostrate cancer goes it was from drinking all that fucking coffee!  I got Kidney stones from Coffee and my doctor told me to stop and drink decaf instead.  I quit smoking almost two years ago and I tripled the amount of coffee I was drinking and it calcified in my kidneys and gave me a big ole stone!<br><br>fuckin 'Urt that one did!  Ouch!<br>