Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:27 am 

[center][sub]from the fall '71 sears catalog[/sub]<br>[img width=300 height=420]http://www.aperfectworld.org/Other_Projects/Sears/sears122.jpg[/img][/center][center][sup]'is that a real poncho?' (camarillo brillo & cosmik debris)[/sup][/center][center][hr][/center]<br><br>[center]frank's dirty lovelyrics <br>lifted from the alpo tv ads<br>Image[/center][center]'not a specka cereal'...<br>'nothing but the best for my dog'[/center][center][hr][/center]<br><br>[center]frank's crew slut lyrics <br>lifted from the gravy train tv ads<br>[img width=424 height=340]http://www.gravytraindog.com/images/gtsplash2.jpg[/img][/center][center][sup]'add water, makes it's own sauce'[/sup][/center][center][hr][/center]<br><br><br>[center]frank's charlie's enormous mouth lyrics <br>lifted from the charlie tv ads<br>Image[/center][center][sup]'kinda young kinda wow'[/sup][/center][hr]<br><br>[center]frank's disco boy lyrics <br>lifted from the chicken delight ads<br>Image<br>[sup]'gonna fall for yer line<br>'n feed you a box full<br>chicken delight'[/sup][/center]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:20 am 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=quotes;num=1062942173;start=0#3 date=09/07/03 at 07:30:52][center]<br>I think that the reference infers that her hair had the texture of a Brillo pad.<br><br>Camarillo Brillo is also a reverse-euphemism for a woman's pubic hair, such as buffalo gums; bunny tuft; burger bar; bush; bush tucker; Calamari cockring; grassy knoll; ground zero; grumble; hair pie; hairy doughnut; hairy heaven; et cetera, et cetera, et cetera...[/center][/quote]<br>Don't forget Map of Tassie (Tasmania). It's shaped like the hair triangle we know and love (for those without an atlas).<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:03 am 

Image<br><br>Don't forget this stuff. though I've never seen it up close and personal.<br><br>Aunt Jemima Syrup  from  Billy the Mountain (Just Another Band From L.A.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:54 am 

Yeah, it was asmart move in lyrical writing when FZ wrote the names of them instead of camera or car.<br><br> ;D<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:33 pm 

[center]Image[/center][center][sup]an' my girlfriend, she digs it with a hot yoo-hoo bottle[/sup][/center]<br><br>[center][sub]ever been to a [/sub][/center][center]Image[/center]<br><br>[center]Image[/center][center][sup]magic fingers in the bed[/sup][/center]<br><br>[center]Image[/center][center][sup]wall mounted tv screen[/sup][/center]<br><br>[center]Image[/center][center][sup]coffee-Host plugged into the bathroom wall[/sup][/center]<br><br>[center]Image's[/center][center][sup]really keen[/sup][/center]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:25 am 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=quotes;num=1062942173;start=0#13 date=09/11/03 at 19:32:59]<br>a make of car popular for the Nash Rambler[/quote]<br><br>That's funny, Jimmie. I always thought they were popular for the Nash Metropolitan.<br><br>Image<br><br> ;D<br>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:37 pm 

Damn I like this thread and all the nice pics.<br>If you want to invest in a recording FZ would have loved check out "Art Laboe's Memories Of El Monte" I have it on cd, OSCD 1960. (Original Sound Record Company) Frank wrote the title song, recorded by The Penguins.<br> :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:12 am 

Here's one...<br><br>A coworker at an old job of mine gave me a mini amplifier for free to play my guitar with. Guess what kind it was?<br><br>It was a Squire (Fender's generic company), and the name? Champ!!!<br><br>  "And a cheesy little amp, with a sign on the front that said 'Fender Champ... ;D"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:11 pm 

[center]<br>[font=arial black]vocals by fz & linda ronstadt <br>remmington electric razor[/font]<br>circa '68/'69<br><br>[img width=200 height=200]http://www.bla.priv.pl/fz/vinyl/new_3/razorv.jpg[/img]<br>(888k mp3 file)[/center]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:58 am 

[quote author=eevelprince link=board=quotes;num=1062942173;start=15#22 date=09/26/03 at 09:12:31]Here's one...<br><br>A coworker at an old job of mine gave me a mini amplifier for free to play my guitar with. Guess what kind it was?<br><br>It was a Squire (Fender's generic company), and the name? Champ!!!<br><br>  "And a cheesy little amp, with a sign on the front that said 'Fender Champ... ;D"[/quote]<br><br>I had a Fender Vibro Champ. That was a nice litle amp, but I accidentally put the wrong fuse in it. It's no longer with us now. :'(