Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:36 am 

"I've got nothing to say and I'm saying it"<br>                                    John Cage: Composer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:21 am 

"If the sollution is simple, God is answering" A. Einstein

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:16 am 

[quote author=catpuke link=board=quotes;num=1037363154;start=15#22 date=01/31/03 at 20:44:49]"Look lady, I won't go lower than $100.00."<br><br><br><br>-the beer belching, oil dripping,semi-toothless, mechanic who won't be replacing the lock on my car door<br>(may he never know a full nights sleep)<br><br><br>(got it fixed today for a mere $25)[/quote]<br><br>"By the light of the night when it all seems alright I'll get you a satanic mechanic"<br><br>- Frank-N-Furter<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:51 pm 

bukowski wrote:
sex is interesting, but it's not totally important... i mean it's not even as important [physically] as excretion; a man can go seventy years without a piece of ass, but he can die in a week without a bowel movement

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Fri May 14, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:03 pm 

yes palokas its good - i have not one quote to hand -  but i once heard a radio prog about the kind of telegrams foreign corospondants would send back to the paper containing the latest story from abroad - because they had to pay a lot of cash for the telegram per word they condensed the story into a kind of shorthand / abbrevieated code - this stuff is so funny to listen to and contains many classic quotes that where born by default / neccessity - sorry for the crap as im drunk<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:23 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=quotes;num=1037363154;start=0#14 date=01/27/03 at 17:22:35]<br>Here's a little audio to go with that.<br>http://www.ee.ryerson.ca/~elf/pub/au/2001/sorrydave.au<br>[/quote]<br>I didn't see this till now!<br>That's too funny!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 3:45 am 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=quotes;num=1037363154;start=30#40 date=03/13/03 at 19:41:55]<br>Sleeping in a Jar, take note!!<br>[/quote]<br><br>I'm afraid, Dave.<br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:06 pm 

Image<br><br>            -LV Beethoven

>You don't.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:11 pm 

We all go a little mad sometimes.<br><br><br>Norman Bates

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:10 am 

''I find your lack of faith disturbing...''<br><br>Darth Vader

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:35 pm 

captain to luke [cool hand luke '67] wrote:
what we have here is a failure to communicate

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Fri May 14, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:05 pm 

Btw, heres a really good quotation page:<br><br><br>http://www.quotationspage.com/<br><br>and now ladies and gentlemen,some quotes from my frinds site, wich he have found by the link up there.<br><br>"Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you ask me what proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you!"<br>- Genghis Khan, Bukhara 1220 <br><br>"To win a hundred victories in a hundred battles is not the highest excellence; the highest excellence is to subdue the enemy's army without fighting at all."<br>- Sun-Tzu <br><br>"As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death."<br>- Leonardo da Vinci (1452 - 1519) <br><br>my friends site:<br><br>http://www.geocities.com/holyduck_prophecy/ii.html<br><br>Warning: highly anti-cristianity stuff(if you are christian) and strange stuff will be found on this site.<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:40 am 

<br>  <br>  1. "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only<br>  enough blood to run one at a time."<br>    - Robin Williams<br><br>  2. "What do people mean when they say the computer went down on them?"<br>    - Marilyn Pittman<br><br>  3. "Relationships are hard. It's like a full time job, and we should treat  it like one.  If your boyfriend or girlfriend wants to leave you, they  should give you two weeks' notice.  There should be severance pay, and before they leave you, they should have to find you a temp."<br>    - Bob Ettinger<br><br>  4. "My Mom said she learned how to swim when someone took her out in the  lake and threw her off the boat.  I said, 'Mom, they weren't trying to  teach you how to swim'."<br>    - Paula Poundstone<br><br>  5. "A study in the Washington Post says that women have better verbal skills than men."  I just want to say to the authors of that study: "huh?"<br>    - Conan O'Brien<br><br>  6. "Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant??  I'm halfway through my  fish burger and I realize, Oh my Goodness.... I could be eating a slow learner."<br>    - Lynda Montgomery<br><br>  7. "The day I worry about cleaning my house is the day Sears comes out  with a riding vacuum cleaner."<br>    - Roseanne<br><br>  8. "I think that's how Chicago got started.  A bunch of people in New York said, 'Gee, I'm enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn't cold enough.  Let's go west.'"<br>    - Richard Jeni<br><br>  9. "Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us  geography."<br>    - Paul Rodriguez<br><br>  10."My parents didn't want to move to Florida, but they turned sixty, and  that's the law."<br>    - Jerry Seinfeld<br><br>  11. "Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many.  Monogamy is the same."<br>    - Oscar Wilde<br><br>  12. "Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution<br>  yet."<br>    - Mae West<br><br>  13."Suppose you were an idiot... And suppose you were a member of  Congress.... I repeat myself."<br>    - Mark Twain<br><br>  14. "Women complain about premenstrual syndrome, but I think of it as the  only time of the month that I can be myself."<br>    - Roseanne<br><br>  15. "Women need a reason to have sex.  Men just need a place."<br>    - Billy Crystal<br><br>  16. "You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a  look that says, 'My God, you're right!  I never would've thought of that!'"<br>    - Dave Barry<br><br>  17. "If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."<br>    - George Carlin<br><br>  18. "Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't<br>  like and just give her a house."<br>    - Lewis Grizzard<br><br>  19. Advice for the day:  If you have a lot a tension and you get a  headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle:  "Take two aspirin" and  "Keep away from children"<br>    - Author Unknown<br><br>  20. "Oh, you hate your job?  Why didn't you say so?  There 's a support group for that.  It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."<br>    - Drew Carey

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:25 am 

...look man, i'm out doors, you know, could i stay with you maybe a couple of days?

he said, uh...let me go and ask my wife...

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Fri May 14, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 11:08 am 

mandlebrotblot wrote:
Actually, John Lee Hooker created that little ditty...one bourbon, one scotch, one beer...
this is true

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Fri May 14, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next