Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:44 am 

Lucky fella! I was actually thinking of doing the same myself and getting outta this damned country once and for all. What made you move Rtingo, if you don't mind me asking? Was it an easy enough process? It's all really daunting, and I have no clue as to how or where to get the info I need.<br><br>Yeah I agree that the Tories are not afraid of going against the "political correctness" theme of late which seems to have gone a bit mad over here...but by the same token, they are in the main, little bigots as well. <br><br>Lib Dems do seem a little stronger this year, I think it might be worth giving them a chance.<br><br>Alternatively, even if I do decide to go with the Green Party, and I understand that they don't have enough support to be able to make it really mainstream, at least my vote aint wasted on something I don't really believe in...? I dunno have to sit down and have a goooood thinky!  ;D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:49 am 

[quote author=asparagus link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=15#25 date=04/20/05 at 03:44:54]Lucky fella! I was actually thinking of doing the same myself and getting outta this damned country once and for all. What made you move Rtingo, if you don't mind me asking? Was it an easy enough process?  [/quote]<br><br>I'd been thinking about it for a few years but it all seemed a bit scary. Then, about this time last year I just thought I HAVE TO DO IT!<br>I was fed up with the crime in England, the council tax, the lack of resect for law abiding citizens and shocking respect for criminals. I just could not take it anymore.<br>I was lucky to own my house which as you know house prices have gone made the last few years so I got out just at the right time.<br>I don't know your situation asparagus but I think you said before you have a little one. If I were in that situation I'd do my best to get my kids out of that environment. <br><br>Having said that, I lived on the south coast but there are still some sane places in England.<br>It all depends where you want to go. PM me if you wanna talk more about jumping ship!<br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:05 am 

Cheers chief, Im really thinking seriously about it, I want better for my wee baby snake, and I'm not gonna get it in this country. I'm sick of working at the same job and never being any better off, then trying to better myself and do a job that pays more, and the blockers a re put on you at every angle. Apparently over there my training would be paid for! Fucking shocking it is! Ive been a tax payer for 14 years too!! Plus my parents have paid a shit load into the system and none of us benefit from it whatsoever! Just get screwed at every avenue!<br><br>Thanks Ringo, I shall take you up on your kind offer and PM you later when I gots more time.  ;D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:10 am 

[quote author=asparagus link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=15#23 date=04/19/05 at 16:32:00]Speaking of Elections, we got ours coming up in England on 5th May. I got my polling card delivered today. <br>I really haven't got a damn clue who to vote for....One things for sure, The Conservatives haven't got my vote regardless.... <br><br>Probably vote for the Green Party. They're the only ones who ever make any damn sense. <br>At least if  everything else is fucked up we'll still have a world for future generations to enjoy eh?<br><br>I dunno...I'm really undecided....I need to find out more about their policies I think, to be able to make an informed choice.  Either that or I just scrawl Frank Zappa on my polling card! Hehehehe.  ;D[/quote]<br><br>typical anglo-centric thought process. The UK elections are coming up on may 5th...not just in ENGLAND<br>The local tory candidate for this area actually lives on the same street as me and he looks like such a pompous twat....he'd never spoken once since we moved here, yet now he's saying hello and waving at every opportunity, slimey fuckwit. He really does look like a tory as well, sort of a cross between the guy from countdown (richard....) and Neil Hamilton if you can imagine that. <br><br>i'm voting green party  ;D

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:15 am 

Quote:
typical anglo-centric thought process. The UK elections are coming up on may 5th...not just in ENGLAND <br>
<br><br>Easy mistake to make scrute, dont get yer knickers in a twist mister!  ;D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:17 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=15#28 date=04/20/05 at 05:10:37]<br><br>typical anglo-centric thought process. The UK elections are coming up on may 5th...not just in ENGLAND<br>The local tory candidate for this area actually lives on the same street as me and he looks like such a pompous twat....he'd never spoken once since we moved here, yet now he's saying hello and waving at every opportunity, slimey fuckwit. He really does look like a tory as well, sort of a cross between the guy from countdown (richard....) and Neil Hamilton if you can imagine that. <br><br>i'm voting green party  ;D[/quote]<br><br>Let's face it, England is where the £££ is and the bulk of the population. Scotland and wales and now semi independent. Technical yes this is a UK election but it should be an English election.<br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:21 am 

[quote author=J.C.Greasy link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=30#30 date=04/20/05 at 13:34:49]In response to if I would have voted for Frank for president: Gee, you think?<br><br>But to me, its sounds like merry ol' England needs Frank a little more. Really bad over there, huh, aparagus? Definitely sounds like bad news over there. Come across the pond, impress us all with your snazzy english accent(hahaha). So I guess when I called you Sherry Bobbins that wasn't too far off? I didn't even know you were from the UK. That's cool...well,I guess not actually(ha) ::)[/quote]<br><br>Trust me, there is very little of England to be merry about. Mind you, you can't talk, have you seen the guy who runs your show over there accross the pond?<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:00 pm 

[quote author=J.C.Greasy link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=30#30 date=04/20/05 at 13:34:49]In response to if I would have voted for Frank for president: Gee, you think?<br><br>But to me, its sounds like merry ol' England needs Frank a little more. Really bad over there, huh, aparagus? Definitely sounds like bad news over there. Come across the pond, impress us all with your snazzy english accent(hahaha). So I guess when I called you Sherry Bobbins that wasn't too far off? I didn't even know you were from the UK. That's cool...well,I guess not actually(ha) ::)[/quote]<br><br>Yup, it is, having had to put up with Tony "I have a spine made of jelly" Blair for what seems like an eternity is disheartening to say the least, Especially seeing as when we voted him in, we were sure he'd work wonders and make a massive difference... Nope, didn't happen!<br><br>Hahaha Sherry Bobbins...haha that episode was great!<br><br>I dunno about impress you all with my English accent...It's a scouse accent, so whether you would be able to understand me or not is another thing! I remember relatives came over a few years ago from Australia for a holiday, and they couldn't understand a word I said! Hahaha! <br>Another time I was at a new years eve party and was asked if I was Canadian...<br> ;D<br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:02 pm 

[quote author=Ringo link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=30#32 date=04/20/05 at 14:21:55]<br><br>Trust me, there is very little of England to be merry about. Mind you, you can't talk, have you seen the guy who runs your show over there accross the pond?<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Damn right there....its slowly being taken over by political correctness gone mad, and berks in suits with not one clue how to make decisions. One berk in particular who follows George Bush's lead all the time....fucking fuckstick that he is.<br>All empty promises made by a Government who might as well be Conservative....they're leaning so far right it's unreal.<br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:44 pm 

[glow=red,2,300] Tony Blair[/glow]<br><br>Image<br><br><br>[img] http://www.zpub.com/un/blair-card.jpg[/img]<br><br><br>Image<br><br><br><br><br>Image<br><br><br><br> ;D <br><br><br><br><br>On the question of FZ for President, yes, I would have voted for him.<br>We miss you Frank.<br><br><br>Frank Zappa's political ambitions is connected with the fact that he so genuinely disliked George Bush Sr. and his administration. <br>Speaking against Bush Sr. and regarding the First Gulf War, this is what FZ had to say.<br><br>"Bush is a disaster", Zappa means.<br><br>"He´s incapable of solving probems, but an expert on creating them." <br><br>The war against Iraq is, quoting Zappa, "just another in the long row of American misjudgements."<br><br>"All the time during the long war between Iraq and Iran, the US was on Saddam Husseins side. So if he is a monster now, he is a monster the American government has been involved creating."<br><br><br>Image<br><br><br>"Government is the Entertainment Division of the military-industrial complex.  <br><br>Frank Zappa<br><br><br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:17 am 

Great stuff 5050  ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:10 pm 

I just watched "Question Time" (a political discussion show on TV in the UK) and Im 100% now that I will not be voting either Labour nor Conservative (not that I ever have voted Tory). <br>Reckon its deffo a contest between Lib Dem and Green Party.  ;D<br><br>Yep someone thought I was Canadian...strange...Scouse accents sound nothing like Canadian...hehe. Apparently us scousers talk fast so I've been told, and that is what causes the problem.<br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:23 pm 

[quote author=asparagus link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=30#38 date=04/21/05 at 16:10:24]I just watched "Question Time" (a political discussion show on TV in the UK) and Im 100% now that I will not be voting either Labour nor Conservative (not that I ever have voted Tory). <br>Reckon its deffo a contest between Lib Dem and Green Party.  ;D<br><br>Yep someone thought I was Canadian...strange...Scouse accents sound nothing like Canadian...hehe. Apparently us scousers talk fast so I've been told, and that is what causes the problem.<br>[/quote]<br><br>A Scouser are you asparagus? "Eh, Calm down, Calm down"  ;D<br>Seriously though, it can be quite a cute accent but I'd love to know how our friends across the pond would react to it compared to your typical home counties English accent. Maybe we should let the Brummies out over there for a real taste of regional weirdness.<br><br>I watched Question time too. Difficult but for the first time ever I have to say I'd go liberal  ::)<br><br>Next week they have all the 3 leaders on Question time.<br>For you non UK residents if you really have the slightest interest in probably the only BBC program worth the licence fee (and maybe Newsnight on BBC2) you can catch it for free here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/questiontime<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:43 pm 

[quote author=asparagus link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=30#38 date=04/21/05 at 16:10:24]I just watched "Question Time" (a political discussion show on TV in the UK) and Im 100% now that I will not be voting either Labour nor Conservative (not that I ever have voted Tory). <br>Reckon its deffo a contest between Lib Dem and Green Party.  ;D<br><br>Yep someone thought I was Canadian...strange...Scouse accents sound nothing like Canadian...hehe. Apparently us scousers talk fast so I've been told, and that is what causes the problem.<br>[/quote]<br><br>You're a Scouser!!!!! I know ALOT of Scousers.<br><br>They are fun people.<br><br>Scousers are the best at stealing cars.<br><br><br> ;D<br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:33 pm 

[quote author=Ringo link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=30#39 date=04/21/05 at 16:23:56]<br><br>A Scouser are you asparagus? "Eh, Calm down, Calm down"  ;D<br>Seriously though, it can be quite a cute accent but I'd love to know how our friends across the pond would react to it compared to your typical home counties English accent. Maybe we should let the Brummies out over there for a real taste of regional weirdness.[/quote]<br>Hahahaha that'd be funny!!! I'd pay to see that.<br><br>
Quote:
I watched Question time too. Difficult but for the first time ever I have to say I'd go liberal  ::)
<br>Me too, seems they're the only ones who make any sense. Have you seen their manifesto?<br><br>http://www.libdems.org.uk/<br><br><br><br>
Quote:
Next week they have all the 3 leaders on Question time.<br>For you non UK residents if you really have the slightest interest in probably the only BBC program worth the licence fee (and maybe Newsnight on BBC2) you can catch it for free here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/questiontime<br><br>
<br><br>Yep, that looks like it's gonna be a good one.Also for anyone interested, on May 26th  they're going to Paris and will be broadcasting live. The tickets are free for anyone living in France, or indeed England, to go and be a part of the Audience. Just click the link to apply...It's like an open political forum.<br><br>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/3117500.stm<br><br>They're also in Johannasberg in July. Follow same link for details folks!  8)<br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:36 pm 

[quote author=Henridog link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=30#40 date=04/21/05 at 16:43:15]<br><br>You're a Scouser!!!!! I know ALOT of Scousers.<br><br>They are fun people.<br><br><br> ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>Well most of the scousers I know are nice people..<br> ;D Me being one of them! Hehe..<br><br>
Quote:
Scousers are the best at stealing cars.
<br><br>We're also good at injecting heroin, stealing from anyone and everyone and creating chaos at football matches...haven't you heard?? You should read the "Sun" its full of useful facts about us "theiving scousers".    ::)<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:29 pm 

[quote author=Ronnys Noomies link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=15#20 date=01/06/05 at 08:19:13]NO! Like he'd have any time left over for running the free world after 20 hours a day composing.....<br><br>Or, worse, the other way around....  >:([/quote]<br><br> Yea I agree w\ you on this. Keep him "underground", out of the limelight. Stay in the studieo, open some vault f**king doors,  blow the dust off some masters, and give us fans some ROXY and a ton of other shit he's got lying around, so the heck w/ wasting time being president !!! The one thing (IMO) I'v notised that all/most President's are uhh plastic , and Zappa was the total opposite of being plastic, soo I dont see how that would have worked, but would love to hear the conversations between him and his advisors for the white house if he WAS the pres. LMAO...priceless ;D  <br>     Plus not to mention that I get sick of listning or reading people saying bad shit about him just as it was being a musician. Couldnt imagine the crap he'd get if he was President.<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:55 pm 

Image<br><br><br>One of my favorite post election maps.<br>America currently politically divided between "blue" and "red".  The red states of course, those who voted Republican.<br><br> ;D<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:32 pm 

[quote author=5050 link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=30#44 date=04/22/05 at 17:55:35]Image<br><br><br>One of my favorite post election maps.<br>America currently politically divided between "blue" and "red".  The red states of course, those who voted Republican.<br><br> ;D<br><br><br>[/quote]<br> LMFAO too funny...glad I live in Wa. ST. :P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:37 am 

A reminder for anyone interested in England, BBC1 Question Time on Thurs 26th (tomorrow) at 10.35pm. They have all three main party leaders on, Blair, Howard and Kennedy...looks like good viewing.  ;D