Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:46 am 

http://www.evianliveyoung.com/html/play.html<br><br>Oh what mirth and merriment!  ;D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:07 am 

[quote author=Ronnys Noomies link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=45#49 date=04/28/05 at 22:00:03]Seriously, I only would have voted for Frank if the other guys were all just total shit and I wanted to cast a symbolic protest vote.<br><br>I loved Frank to death, but not as a damn politician. He was a composer with other interesting ideas, but president? Don't think so.<br><br>The most compelling reason NOT to vote for him is what I said when this thread started: he wouldn't have had time to be president because he was always composing. You don't just turn it off, ya know. Or, even worse, he would have spent so much time running the country that he wouldn't have had time to compose.  :o<br><br>I think anyone who thinks he could have gotten anything accomplished in DC is just fooling themselves.[/quote]<br><br>If Frank had become president he would have seen being president as another form of composition. As frank said many times, all composing is, is organizing stuff. That stuff can be notes, sounds, images or even policies.<br><br>No one knows if Frank would have done a good job or not as president but at least Frank was intelligent unlike most of the previous president's which would have made a change.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:43 pm 

Image<br>....except this year it's 5th May... ;D

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:47 pm 

I have in one of my songs, audio of my friend on election night, as we watched the map turn bloodred proclaim, "well this map just shows you what needs to be bombed."<br><br><br>And of course I would have voted for Frank, at least all the business connections he has are related to music.  Wouldn't you rather tax dollars being used to fund music over oil production?  meh, I'm not even American!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:45 pm 

Yeah,  I would vote in him for everything EXCEPT president of a laundry company or something like this<br><br>In fact, I created  a Zappa for president orkut community<br>and I did some posters:<br><br>Image<br>President of Brazil <br>Image<br>President of United bullshit of Amnerika

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:40 am 

A conspiracy of Assholes, sounds like a concept album he never got to finish!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:52 am 

i'm not american,and zappa never did run,but if i were and he did then i would. ;)<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:01 am 

Just been re-listening to a old taped FZ interview - he's talking about politics and politicians.  He said that in every country, doesn't matter whether it's a first world, third world, fourth world or sixteenth world country someone there has a brain.  Trouble is that the smart people don't go into politics.  That's how you know they're smart.<br><br>Frank was the cleverest guy I ever heard speak.  He made sense on every subject I heard him talk about (or write about in his book) - religion, war, politics, everything.  He was very articulate and made every interview great to listen to as he generally made a complete fool of the interviewer - they used to say such dumb things and he tore them into shreds.   He was without doubt the smartest guy I wish I'd known.<br><br>If he hadn't got sick he was looking into running for president but I like to think that he would have been too intelligent to go for it.  He would have made a great adviser though, behind the scenes, with a more acceptable-to-mainstream-America front man.  <br><br>I don't have a US vote anyway but I think although he would have been better than any politician in my memory I would have been glad (had he lived) if he had dropped the idea - we would have wanted him making music wouldn't we?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:01 am 

<br>I'd still vote for him. Alive or dead, he's brighter than the Current Occupant of America's premier public housing project, AKA the White House. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:20 pm 

I voted for Frank both times against Regan.  (those were my first two elections too)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:15 am 

Frank Zappa as President of the USA, yeah, and the I.R.S. will stop taking more $ than they should, Republican assholes will all move to another country, and people will stop trying to control other people. I wish.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:19 am 

[quote author=Aybe_Sea link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=60#67 date=01/15/06 at 05:07:00]Thing is, Frank Zappa was an atheist, and atheists have never been presidents in the US. I mean, USA is one nation under God right? He probably would have become the most hated candidate for presidency ever, as many americans tend to hold conservative judeo-christian values.[/quote]<br><br>Was he an atheists? I think he was more anti-religion, than anti-God. Just look at the song 'Dumb All Over' he makes a lot of valid points on his distain for conformed religion, not necessarily against God. He was raised a Catholic, I was too, so a lot of us lapsed Catholics ended up questioning religious sects and their archaic traditions and beliefs which were man made.  8)<br>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:47 am 

[quote author=Aybe_Sea link=board=quotes;num=1066993655;start=60#69 date=01/15/06 at 06:34:19]I don't think he believed in any god.<br><br>and I think atheism does not have to imply "anti-God". atheists can't be against an entity that doesn't exist. I am an atheist and even though i can't entirely speak for other atheists, I for certain am just as much opposed to organised religion and also the idea that the god those religious right wing types believe in, could exist in the first place.[/quote]<br><br>Your interpatation of being an atheist contradicts itself. You question man's views of God and how it has evolved in to something unintended. There is a difference between man made ideas of religion and God and it's basic principles.  Man twisted God in to their own shape to spout their beliefs as they see fit. I'm not a believer in conformed religion, but I still have questions on an excistence of a higher power which will not be known to any of us until we die.  8)<br>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:01 pm 

I always thought the "Zappa for president" thing was more of a joke than anything to be taken seriously. Obviously, to a business-minded guy like Frank, an actual campaign would just have been a waste of time and money as non-Democrat and Republican candidates don't stand a chance anyway.<br><br>I'm not an American either, so the question isn't really relevant to me.