Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:59 am 

I love both the Tomahawk albums, I agree Fred....I too have heard good things about the Kaada album, but am yet to check it out. While Im here I shall also recommend The Stone, Issue One, available only from Tzadik and Downtown Music Gallery......Great Improv set, and Patton is great on it. Its for a good cause too, so get it!! Am also eagerly awaiting Peeping Tom, as I am the pending Fantomas / Melvins Big Band European Tour in April!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:17 pm 

Back on topic of Trevor Dunn:<br> He's going to be on the next Melvins release which is a remake of their '93 major label debut "Houdini" -recorded live last year in it's entirety. Don't know the proper title, but it's due on Ipecac in March/April. I can not wait for "Son of Houdini". The original album rules, but never really had a proper bass player.  <br><br> I'm ready for a new Trio Convulsant CD too. Sister Phantom Owl Fish was excellent. Saw them twice in the last year and a half, opening for Melvins and then Fantomas. Also caught Trevor this past fall doing an improv set w/ harp player Shelly Burgeon. Amazing musicians.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:40 am 

Yeah man, I thought Sister Phantom.... was a great album too. Was all poised for them to support fantomas on the Euro leg of the tour, but it was Mugison and Dalek instead. A Shame, but they were both good anyway, especially Mugison....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:06 pm 

Any of you guys heard a band called Nuclear Rabbit? Alot of their stuff is very reminiscent of Bungle's first album, but more technical, original, and crazier! Check em out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:02 am 

Cant say Ive heard of Nuclear Rabbit, but what IS coming out, which sounds fantastic is MOONCHILD.....<br><br>Under Zorns direction, its Patton, Dunn and the mighty Joey Baron, in a Hardcore type three piece unit........<br><br>Should be out on Tzadik in a few months.....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:26 am 

[quote author=aquabot link=board=quotes;num=1135653451;start=15#29 date=02/18/06 at 01:52:19]what album would you recommend ?[/quote]<br><br><br>I'm pretty new to them myself tbh, so I'm no expert, but "Intestinal Fortitude" and "Vicuna" seem to be the ones that are generally held in the highest regard. Everything I've heard by them so far though is exellent, so pick anything - I'm sure if you're a fan of Bungleish weirdness and eclectic-ness you'll be pleased.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:05 am 

By the way, I am doing a full two hour Zorn special, on Saturday March 4th......Details below!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:16 am 

Sweeeet... I'll be listening!<br>Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:20 pm 

Thanks for the heads up, I'm tuned in as well. Gojira's show is always good listenin'. (could use a volume boost though, I think I have my amp cranked up to hear anything..)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:42 am 

Thanks for listening people, I really appreciate it. Sorry for any technical problems that you may have had. It seems like every damn week something happens! I will check it on out.<br><br>Thanks for the support, and mail ICR and tell them about your love for the show! And complain about the technical cock ups!!!<br><br>Rock on....