Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:25 pm 

FZ: That was George Duke, Ladies and Gentlemen. And he just said: "Goddamn It's cold out here," and it sure is cold out here. It's cold as a motherfucker out here. But we're gonna keep on playing for you, even though our little fingers are just a twitchin' and a throbbin'. It's so fuckin' cold on this stage we don't even wanna talk about it so we're just gonna go on with the rest of this song. How many say 'amen' to it. Well don't mention it . . . <br><br>From Stockholm , Sweden 1973 . During beginnig of Dupree's Paradise composition .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:47 pm 

At the beginning of the New Haven Ct 1971 concert at the New Haven Arena FZ says to the audiance..."When we got here to rehearse today I said this is the ugliest building I've ever seen in my life.  Well now that I see it full of people it is even uglier.  I guess you people in New Haven can't tell the difference between a hockey game and a rock & roll concert.  Well my guitar kind of looks like a hockey stick and tonight boys and girls I am going to make it sound like a hockey stick"...it was a great show...maybe worth considering for release?  It was October 71...I've never found anyone who recorded it...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:09 pm 

In 1969, at the 'Place des Nations', at 'Ile-Notre-Dame', near Montréal, after the first set, me and my friend (we were 15 at the time) went to see the Mothers. They were all smokin' Peter Jackson (a cigarette brand). They told me that it was because of the possibilty of instant cash. In some packs, there were coupons valuing $1000 or $10000. Guess they needed cash. We found JCB very funny must I say. And Frank was brilliant. A good show.  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:00 am 

<br>[quote author=Mij link=board=quotes&num=1031522540&start=0#6 date=09/20/02 at 00:09:10]<br>In 1969, at the 'Place des Nations', at 'Ile-Notre-Dame', near Montréal, after the first set, me and my friend (we were 15 at the time) went to see the Mothers. They were all smokin' Peter Jackson (a cigarette brand). They told me that it was because of the possibilty of instant cash. In some packs, there were coupons valuing $1000 or $10000. Guess they needed cash. We found JCB very funny must I say. And Frank was brilliant. A good show.  <br>[/quote]<br><br>This is a little bit of a side-track but I was fortunate enough to meet Jimmy Carl Black on two separate occasions and I found him to be very open, friendly and rather easy going and yes...rather witty. Mind you, I never had to be in a band with the guy so I can't attest to that side of him but he seemed a cool guy and I enjoyed talking with the Indian of the group. I also met Bunk the second time I met Jim and had a long and great talk with him after The Grandmothers played the first Zappening gig in Illinois. Don Preston I found to be a bit less approachable, not rude but not as openly talkative although he played great. My unattainable dream however is to have been able to see and hear the original Mothers back in the 60's so I have to admit to a bit of jealousy having read your post. Lucky guy.<br><br>For a quote though....I can give you this....I told Jimmy I was sorry about the Mothers breaking up in '69 and he said "Ahhh, shit happens." One of the musicians (a female) playing with him told my girlfriend when they were in the bathroom that Jim would still occasionally talk about "The good old days", meaning the Mothers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:34 pm 

fz- 1977- nyc- "motherfuck all you bitches".  can anybody tell me who that was from??? :-X

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:47 am 

Was listening to Village of the Sun with my kids in the car and after the intro, my 9yr. old goes "Frank was a comedian too?" <br>AH, out of the mouths of babes! ;D<br>Thank you Frank! :-*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:43 am 

[quote author=ZF link=board=quotes;num=1031522540;start=0#13 date=11/18/02 at 03:08:26] and there is always a girl who falls down and twists her ankle . . . heh-hey! Of course there is! You know how they are, the weaker sex and everything, twisting their ankle on behalf of the little ice-cream cone.  [/quote]<br><br>and what about you ZF? ever fell for the little ice-cream cone?<br> <br>;D<br><br>anyhow, love that quote too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:22 am 

[quote author=ZF link=board=quotes;num=1031522540;start=15#19 date=12/12/02 at 10:14:59]<br>No, 2 bad, then I would have been a real cheep movie starrrrrrrrrrrrr  :o[/quote]<br><br>So no acting needed to persuade yr man. As it should.<br><br>but still, never ever licked...? <br><br>;D<br><br>it's getting puberal - I know.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:43 pm 

"Save the excitement for Ted Nugent."  FZ calming the audience as the band returns to the stage for an encore at the 10/18/80 Brady Theatre, Tulsa, OK (2nd show).<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF